Two "10" advances for a chaos warrior

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Cap'n Squigbeard
Rookie
Rookie

Two "10" advances for a chaos warrior

Post by Cap'n Squigbeard »

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what to give one of my chaos warriors, who just got his first two advances, both of which are "10", one of them a double.

I guess options include going for both movements and having a MA7 chaos warrior, giving him block and dodge, block and leader for the extra re-roll, or some other left-field combination I've not thought of yet!

I've already got two chaos warriors with block (one also has MB and the other also has claw), and a couple of beastmen with advances (block, claw etc).

I'm leaning more towards block and dodge, as that makes him a real pain to take down esp in a cage, and also makes him survivable if he needs to make a break for it. While MA7 would be awesome I'm a bit worried it might leave him quite isolated...

Thoughts anyone?

Reason: ''
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Two "10" advances for a chaos warrior

Post by stashman »

+AV and Dodge

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

It looks like you already have a decent amount of bashy skills, do you have a ball carrier (player with sure hands, extra arms, +AG, etc) yet? If not then he could fulfil that role, ST4 is pretty useful on a ball carrier and he'd be the fastest player on the team.

An MA7 warrior would make for a very cool player, double stats are quite rare and you have the chance to get him more stats or doubles. You also have some interesting choices with mutation access like extra arms to help pick up the ball or surprise receiver if you get a +ag beastman.

It all depends how competitive you want to be, as he will be 60 extra TV and not even have block yet. The sensible choices are probably something like block and dodge or even ignore the double and take guard or MB. Sometimes it can be worth taking sub optimal skills to make a cool player that you will remember. Even if that player ends up sucking you may well remember him for ages.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Genghis
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Genghis »

Block and Dodge, for my money.

Will drink beer for food.

The Tragically Hit - Amorical Cup '17 Team Champions
Best Defense - Underworld Cup '16

hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hutchinsfairy »

I would absolutely take +MV for at least one of the rolls. 6-4-3-9 is a excellent statline for the money, especially as you potentially have a double roll to use.

For the second skill Block will probably get your team the most immediate benefit and will move him towards his next skill slightly faster. Whatever route you end up taking with a CW it invariably benefits from Block. I personally have never been able to pass up a double roll though so I would actually take Dodge. You get nearly as much immediate utility as you do with Block but doesn't waste the double roll. With the +MV it should make your team noticeably more manoeuvrable.

If you wanted some other options for the double I would consider Jump Up if you're playing with the un-nerfed Piling-On and build yourself a killer. You could also consider Side Step or even Diving Tackle. Both synergy well with +MV and can be a lot of fun on a ST4 piece.

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

I'd be tempted by both MA rolls, but possibly MA and dodge would be better. Either way, he'd be the ball carrier, so should score plenty of SPPs to then get block and sure hands.

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

I'd go block and dodge.

STR4 blodge is a pain for the opposition.

Once he has guard and SF he will really come into his own.

Adding movement to a warrior is somewhat pointless - you have 6 or 7 mv6 beastmen on the field already. I guess you could argue MV7 would help but...you are spending 60K to turn a good blocker into an average receiver. The odds of getting +MV on a BM are reasonably high if you really want an mv7 player anyway.

One of the keys to bloodbowl is optimizing your team. On Chaos you want to make your CWs good blockers/road blocks and your BMs offensive threats, safeties, and killers (which is why you have 6 or 7 of them on the pitch!)

Ideally you'd want a chaos team something like this (IMO) at high-ish TV (presuming a few doubles/stats

Mino: Tents, claw, block
CW: Block, Dodge, Guard
CW: Block, Dodge, Guard
CW: Block, Guard, MB
CW: Block, Guard, MB
BM: +AG, SH, Block, Dodge
BM: Block, MB, Claw, PO
BM: Block, MB, Tackle
BM: Block, MB, Tackle
BM: Wrestle
BM: Wrestle
BM: Rookie x2
RRx3
TV~1930

This will give you a good balance of guard, tackle, and kill skills.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Along with the above post, extra arms is a great as a "poor mans +AG" on your ball handling beastman, if you're not rolling 11s on the right players.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Cap'n Squigbeard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cap'n Squigbeard »

Thanks so much for all the advice so far guys! I must say I'm leaning towards block and dodge, as it would make him annoyingly hard to shift, and more likely to survive those pesky wardancers if he gets the ball! I'm definitely lacking a dedicated ball carrier at the moment, but I'm not so sure I'd like to commit a chaos warrior to the roll. With the movement I guess really it's either go for M7 or don't bother, as M6 doesn't really add anything to the beastmen. He'd be good for blitzing, but beastmen are already fairly good at that with horns...

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Most of the time you will be blitzing with the BMs or the Mino. Your CWs will throw plenty of blocks though....just not that many blitzes.