Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Blood Bowl » Tactics & Team Development League

Post subject: Underworld too successful?!
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:02 am 
Legend
Legend

Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation
Another grand experiment gone wrong-ish ????

Started with 10 gobs and a troll to see if they were better than a regular gobbo team.... In six games they went 3-0-3 with wins against only one tier 1 team (Nuffle was on vacation).... Since introducing Skaven, they have one both their games against tier one teams of equal TV.... But, now they are becoming expensive and the gobs are too good to just ditch! So what tv should they be at to be competitive and who, if anyone, should be cut from the team?

Disposable Heroes

01 Gob 4spp
02 Gob +Ma 8spp
03 Gob +Ma 6spp
04 Gob +Ag 9spp
05 Gob Horns, 2H 20spp
06 Gob Block 8spp
07 Gob 2H, Horns 21spp
08 Gob Diving tackle 8spp
09 Gob Diving tackle 9spp
10 Thrower 1spp
11 Thrower Block 7spp
12 Blitzer 5spp
13 Blitzer 0spp
14 Lineman (died last game)
15 Lineman 0spp
16 Troll Claw 14spp

3 rerolls
5ff
Apothecary
140k treasury
144 tv (149 if I replace the lineman)

Should I replace the lineman and, even if I do, who goes on the line when kicking? Any other constructive comments are welcome....

elF them both!

Post subject: Re: Underworld too successful?!
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:33 pm 
Star Player
Star Player

My theory is goblins on the line. Keeps the best players out of harms way.
Given your players and skills, I'd keep the +AG (and +MV) goblins on the bench. Two goblins and the troll on the line. If you want additional goblins on the pitch, sacrifice linerats.

The theory I work to is that you want as many ST3 players on the pitch as possible to ensure that you can mount a serious defence. Too many ST2 (or shoving your rats on the line and having them removed) means your team can be picked off more quickly and easily.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:46 am 
Super Star
Super Star

are you still playing with the rule of d16 for the mvp ? (and not the new one with the D3)

the priority is to skill all the skaven first.
i would keep only the +4Ag gobelin (develop him as one turner : sure feet, sprint, +Mv, catch), and the ones with doubles skill (block/wrestle)
(one +Ma could be nice, but the +Ag gob is better for one turn)

two heads is a great skill on simple, but only, if your gobelin has already a double skill first)
any other simple skill on the gobelin are waste (if not +Ag, or double before)
keep in mind, the strength of this roster is too be able to get super stars, but with low TV (this is not your case, as none of your blitzers are skilled after 6 games!)
low tv means you could hire starplayers, inducements, etc... because in league format, except against hafling, you are supposed to have a lower tv.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 am 
Super Star
Super Star

Honestly I would be putting the +MV goblins on the LOS and hope they get killed to recover some wasted TV. Your AG4 goblin however is gold, so protect him at all costs.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:55 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Itchen Masack wrote:
Honestly I would be putting the +MV goblins on the LOS and hope they get killed to recover some wasted TV. Your AG4 goblin however is gold, so protect him at all costs.

This is so true, even with only +MA they cost almost double in TV. With goblins you should rehire them as 40k is dirt cheap and quite effective. +MA on a goblin is only worth it if they have block already, sure there is no chance that they get to block first and roll +MA. So you might want to try to get to 16 SPP before you decide to fire them.

Yet you need fodder to be put on the LoS at every defensive kick-off, so you might want some players with that duty in mind. So in the Underworlds casel these are the gobo's. Now that you have rats, they are higher in the picking order.

So I would sack at least one of the two heads, horns guys and maybe another goblin to make room to be able to hire a star. I would rehire the Linerat as that are normally a bit more sturdy than the goblins.
You now have Stormvermin to do the blitzing for you, so you are better off with rookie gobo's who can go die on the line for half the TV.

Board index » Blood Bowl » Tactics & Team Development League