5 games to make the Playoffs... Help me! lol

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

5 games to make the Playoffs... Help me! lol

Post by LJCA »

So this is me, Hashuts-Chosen Texans!

Played 7 league games so far with a W5-D2-L0 record, ive 5 more league games to play (plus any friendlies I can fit in) before hopefully qualifying for the Playoffs.

I'm hoping my fellow coaches could share any thoughts on how to make this team even better going forward.

I'm planning on going with Break-Tackle after BC Zlatans next TD, and the Chorfs obvs want some Guard throwing their way, I've a Chaos and Nurgle team yet to face so their 4 ST4 Chaos Warriors are gna be a pain.

Any ideas? Its my first ever season coaching Chorfs so whilst ive not done too shabby so far there's always room for improvement! :D

1. Zhorgrath / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull) - 2 SPP
2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 3-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull) - 2 SPP
3. Azakil / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 7 SPP
4. K'Daai Zhaar / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 9 SPP
5. Ghoroth / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull) - 4 SPP
6. Dourgrim / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)- 2 SPP
7. Ghengiz / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / - 3 SPP
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands, Block) - 24 SPP (MNG)
9. Taarg / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / - 2 SPP
10. Grishnak / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block) - 13 SPP
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block) - 12 SPP
16. Colossus / Minotaur / 5-5-2-8 / (Loner,Frenzy,Horns,MB,Thick Skull,Wild Animal,Juggernaut,Block) - 18 SPP

3x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV = 141,000

FF = 7

Gold = 100k

2x On-going Sponsorships

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: 5 games to make the Playoffs... Help me! lol

Post by rolo »

Your roster is pretty much complete, and skilling them isn't exactly rocket science.
Centaurs get Block and Break Tackle, after that you can worry about Tackle, Sure Hands, whatever, but that's probably not going to be an issue in the next 5 games.
Dwarves get Guard and MB in some order, Claw on doubles. Fourth skill is definitely not something you need to worry about.
Hobgoblins suck and shouldn't be skilling much, you need a couple dirty players and maybe a wrestler.
Your Minotaur is awesome with Block. Try not to let him get surfed.

Other than that, "all" you need to do is win games!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: 5 games to make the Playoffs... Help me! lol

Post by mattgslater »

Get a couple of Guard Dwarfs, and a Dirty Player Hobgoblin. As your league progresses, the DP Hob will become more and more useful. Otherwise, as above: Block and Break Tackle on Bulls, a mix of MB and Guard on Dorfs.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.