Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Blood Bowl » Tactics & Team Development League

Post subject: Chaos Pact roster - can it be done and how?
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I'm wanting a project to paint that will keep me going over Xmas and also return me to the 'smash and bash' play style after my experiment with HElves is done (previously Orcs).

So... a potentially pricey project is taking shape in my head but before I splash out, I thought I better get the roster checked out (i like to have a chance at winning too)

Chaos Pact (1,000,000 roster)

Minotaur
Ogre
Troll
Marauder
Marauder
Marauder
Marauder
Marauder
Marauder
Marauder
Goblin

3 rerolls.

I know this may not be your optimal roster for Pact, but let me have my wish, just to tell me how to make it work!

The League will probably be around 10 games long, maybe little longer, we've a decent group coming together and into our second season now so hopefully the 3rd will be even bigger.

As ever, Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Chaos Pact roster - can it be done and how?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:25 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I whould say:

- Get the dark elf for that much better ball handling.

- Take the orc as well. That ekstra av is good near the LOS (troll babysitter).

Dont feel titchy, throw that feeling away!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:05 am 
Super Star
Super Star

We've had a couple of Pact coaches in our local league and the general consensus is that you can't start with all three big guys. You have to drop one from the initial line up and add them as soon as you can save the cash.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:17 am 
Legend
Legend

I would drop the Troll. It may be the cheapest but it's the least reliable.
Use the gold to start with the Dark Elf and Orc.
Buy the Troll in a few games time.

The Exiles Blood Bowl League and Tournaments use the Icepelt rulebook, for complete BB rules and fluff. Download here.
SW England Regional Co-ordinator for the NAF lunchmoney@thenaf.net
@Lunchmoney_Al for me @ExilesBBLeague for #TeamExiles news

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am 
Super Star
Super Star

Yeah, I recommend laying off the Minotaur in your starting roster. He's just so expensive, and a weak link with his low armor and Frenzy. He'll be great once you have the pieces in place to support him, later.

Troll and Ogre are tougher and cheaper. I'd start with those.
The Dark Elf is great, I would always start with him, as he's the best ball carrier on the team, and mobility is great on defense as well. He'll skill up quickly and get Dodge and Block.
I like to start with 12 players, because Pact sucks when they're outnumbered, and starting with no skills means you WILL lose players. 9 Marauders puts you up to 12 players. They're the same price as the Orc and Skaven, so you can swap those as needed. The Orc wasn't available when I created my Pact team, but I'd start with him to put on the line.
You can also drop a Marauder for an Apoth if that's your style. You're picturing your Ogre rolling double skulls and killing himself on your team's first block now, aren't you?
(For the record, if your Troll is injured, you have to decide whether to use the Apothecary before rolling Regeneration).
That leaves enough left over for three rerolls. You might be thinking of starting with two, skilling up a Marauder in game 1, taking Leader with the Passing skill access, and spending that money somewhere else. That's not a terrible idea if you're a better coach than I am, just don't forget that you start with no Block or core skills at all. You WILL fail blocks, you WILL fail important die rolls. Not to mention that the Dark Elf tends to be a bit of a SPP hog.
Plus you really, really need Block and Guard when those Marauders do skill up.
Skaven or Goblin? Personal taste really. The Goblin especially gives you interesting options with Throw Teammate and Stunty. And MA7 is so much faster than MA6. But those two players are quite fragile, and Pact really does suck when outnumbered.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:27 pm 
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

I like to start mine with the skaven, orc, gobbo, all 3 big guys, but no dark elf - gives you space for 3 rerolls. HOwever, my team is rubbish, so don't do that.

One option if you can manage rerolls well (which with this team, is very tricky) is all the big guys and renegades, marauders to 11, 2 rerolls and an apo. The apo is gold on this team (my first purchase on my roster, before the dark elf, was the apo, and he's saved both the ogre and troll from thrown-rock-inflicted death) but 2 rerolls is generally not enough to start with.

You definitely want the orc for LoS duty, fits in nicely with the ogre and troll. If you're dropping a big guy the mino seems the obvious candidate, but on the other hand (a) he's a good blitzer (for 5 out of 6 turns), and (b) if you're dropping a big guy YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING CHAOS PACT :lol:

Board index » Blood Bowl » Tactics & Team Development League