My Chaos Dwarf dream XI

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

My Chaos Dwarf dream XI

Post by LJCA »

Now... ive never used Chorfs...

Ive done a little research and seen many an insightful, knowledgeable and perfectly reasonable threads/discussions about their 'best' starting XI line ups, and NONE of them suggest to go down the route that im going to, tho I have my reasons...

I was VERY close to splashing out a load of money on a Renegade team until I suggested a conversion idea to a buddy of mine (whos very good at those things) and now im gna be a Chorf coach next season!

Ive purchased the FW minotaur along with the GW Dwarf box set, Gobbo booster pack (using them as Hobbos) and my buddy has sorted out my Bull-Centaurs, so im good to go, but the Mino is too damn good looking to leave out so that has brought me to this probably sub-optimum line up, but its gna look good so that's that! :D

Minotaur
Bull-centaur
Bull-centaur
Chaos-Dwarf
Chaos-Dwarf
Chaos-Dwarf
Chaos-Dwarf
Hobbo
Hobbo
Hobbo
Hobbo

2 Rerolls

Im envisaging a 10-12 game season so getting an Apo to help protect anybody but the Hobbos really is my first priority, then purchasing the other two Chorfs. With only two rerolls (probably) all season this isn't going to be easy, especially as im gna want the BCs to do some ball carrying at some point, as levelling them up is key, I think.

Starting with the Mino I know is controversial as I roll more than my fair share of 1s, but early on in the season with Frenzy and Horns he 'should' be surfing the opposition and doing some damage.

The Chorfs traits will hopefully keep them in the fight long enough for me to reinforce them, while the Hobbos I see purely as fillers and expendable, so they'll be fouling their little green ass' off!

If I can get the Apo, 2 Chorfs and not manage to lose any positionals then its all about saving for that 3rd reroll, but that's a long shot if im being honest.

Im determined to have them all painted by mid Jan when the season starts so ill post updates to keep me going!

As ever id be grateful for any thoughts/ideas regarding the team and its path to glory... lol

Reason: ''
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: My Chaos Dwarf dream XI

Post by Rolex »

I would say that the best starting lineups are:

2 Bulls
5 Chorfs
4 Hobbos
3 RR

If you want the Mino:

1 Mino
1 Bull
5 Chorfs
4 Hobbos
3 RR

3 RR! You are going to need them. You need 1 die blocks, you need go-4-its, you need to handle the ball and possibly feed Td to your Bulls.
Start with 3 RR and as much armor as you can. CD don't deal well with being outnumbered.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

It begins...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

not the best cameraman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

You will need 6 Dorfs eventually, obviously :D

Converting for the win, though!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Rolex wrote:
3 RR! You are going to need them. You need 1 die blocks, you need go-4-its, you need to handle the ball and possibly feed Td to your Bulls.
Start with 3 RR and as much armor as you can. CD don't deal well with being outnumbered.
You may have swayed me with the Mino/1 Bull option... I am going to need those Rerolls as you say... hmmm

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

sann0638 wrote:You will need 6 Dorfs eventually, obviously :D

Converting for the win, though!
I cant take credit for the actual conversion, but it was my idea so im claiming that part! :lol:

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

LJCA wrote:
Rolex wrote:
You may have swayed me with the Mino/1 Bull option... I am going to need those Rerolls as you say... hmmm
With both the 3rr solutions you will need to earn 250k to get at full strenght.

Starting with 2 rr as you would do you would need to earn 320k (2-3 games more).

And I think your chances of winning with 3 RR are better. More wins means more money, so getting to the optimus faster.

It is just a matter of optimization.

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

LJCA wrote:
Rolex wrote:
If you want the Mino I would laso advise to go the 1 Bull-3ReRoll route.

Personally, I'd go
2 Bulls, 5 Ch-Dwarfs, 4 Hobs and 3 RR
20k towards the apo for the Bulls or towards your 6th CHD whichever you prefer/comes first.

Aino - William

Fighting signature size creep ;)
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

If you want to go for the Mino. I can't advise to take him anyway. I have added him to my current league team, just for funsies and because the 150k apoth is gone. But let it sink in: he costs as much as a wizard and will typically have little to no impact. He is on the other hand a huge liability: you need to blitz with him to be able to reposition him and if you do blitz you want 3dB because with frenzy he will throw the second one. Making two 2dB blocks without block and with loner is a sure way of getting turned over. Even with 3dB he will fall over. I did the odds of the Mino not making the 3dB blitz is about 20%, so not the most reliable thing.

So you end up blitzing with a bull centaur or even Chorf as they are that more reliable at it. So your mino wil do some end turn 2dB blocks to get a chance at MB to work. Which is all in all a bit underwhelming, given the fact that he is quite easy to remove with AV8 and no protective skills. The incentive to get him down is pretty big too: even if you don't break his armour you will need to blitz with him or rely on a 4+ for him to do anything on the pitch. All this for a pricetag that will get you two reliable chorfs.

So if you still want to start off with the mino, take the 3 TRR route, you won't be sad that you did. And the apoth is reserved for players who deserve it: Bull Centaurs, Mino if you like him and Chorfs. Hobo's are the throw-away position as 40k is cheap, so dirt cheap that you can risk to put them on the LoS on the last turn of a half, to avoid the risk of loosing any chorfs, especially when the apoth is gone.

PS: If you haven't played dwarves before: be prepared to really think about your positioning well. Chorfs don't reposition all that well: once you are committed, only Break Tackle Bull Centaurs and Hobo's to some extent can recover somewhat. So make sure your line if waterproof before you want to put on the pressure.