Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Blood Bowl » Tactics & Team Development League

Do I take +AG or something else
YES AG5 is always good even on a line-elf 92%  92%  [ 12 ]
No Wrestle is more efficient with TV 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
No Dodge is the better skill for surviving 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No what your team needs is more pie, dirty pie! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Post subject: Dark Elves Take +AG on linemen?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:06 am 
Veteran
Veteran

So I have this team which is playing a shortish league of about 13 games. I'm three games in and I get to roll another time +AG but this time on a lineman.
So far I only faced, Chaos Pact, Norse and lizardman. I still have to face: Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves, Skaven, Undead, Chaos Dwarves, Chaos, Halflings and Lizardman. In that order.

I have to give credit to Jimmy Fantastic to get me doubting on this choice. Normally I would pick up the +AG but it does make getting to Blodge Leap a lot more difficult. The thing is AG5 is really great with leap, but that means another 15 SPP to earn without any defensive skills. So I would opt to just take Wrestle as it is very useful straight away and also later down the line. Easy and boring but effective choices.

Now the fact that I already have an AG5 Blitzer, makes me feel that having a second AG5 piece does create the opportunity to have multiple threats going. These players can recover the ball and/or receive it in a tackle zone and still get away with ease.

So my current preference would be to take AG5 but postpone leap after dodge and then finish with wrestle to create a ball hawk type of player. My logic is this: dodge is super handy for such a high AG player, AG 5 begs for leap and if he still lives he will need to choose between block and Wrestle.

My next buy would be a 3rd TRR because I haven't that many blodgers yet so I will need it on dodge. Also with the AG boosts I can more effectively make more risky plays, so the extra TRR will be more useful than a 12 player for now me thinks.

I would love to hear your experiences with AG boost on elf lineman.

Post subject: Re: Dark Elves Take +AG on linemen?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:48 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

No experience but like everyone else has voted I think AG5 is hard to turn down on an early team. Yes could make him a ballhawk but is already an extra scoring threat as well.

Board index » Blood Bowl » Tactics & Team Development League