Thro-Ra's

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Northern Monkey
Rookie
Rookie

Thro-Ra's

Post by Northern Monkey »

My mate has just gotten himself a Khemri team and we are wondering what use a Thro-Ra is on the team considering how poor everyone else is at catching plus the AG2 making throwing all but impossible. So what use are they, and is it worth taking one?

Reason: ''
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: Thro-Ra's

Post by nazgob »

It's all about the sure hands. He doesn't pass - he carries the ball and doesn't eat your rerolls while picking up the ball.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

The extra MA is nice too and you can always give them utility skills like kick, tackle and strip ball after block so they are useful on defence too. Either that or sack after 2/3 skills and hope for doubles/+AG.

Your normal skellies will be on the LOS and probably not last all that long whilst the blitz-ras will want to focus on guard and MB.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Northern Monkey
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Northern Monkey »

Thanks, we had thought of him as a ball carrier but with the AG2, thought that even this is not easy despite the sure hands. I suppose we just never noticed that Khemri have no AG3 players til now, glad I went with the classic "shambling" undead now :D

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

The "Thro" part of Thro-Ra is, outside of emergency situations, strictly a sick joke. The two Thro-Ras on my league Khemri team have thrown a combined 8 completions in 96 games. At least half of those were meaningless one-turn drives at the end of a half.

That said, passing skill access isn't a total waste - Leader is great to have, as is Hail Mary Pass. (The latter isn't really an option on your offense, use it more like a punt in football).

But most of the time, the Thro-Ras are ball carriers and runners. They're terrible at it, as you've noticed. But less terrible than anyone else on the Khemri team.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Do not underestimate the value of Mv 6 over Mv 5. Add in Sure Hands and they are must take players. As they're fragile you will want to have both Thro-Ras on your team and they tend to skill up easily (for Khemri) so they're a couple of extra block players early on.

Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Raveen wrote:Do not underestimate the value of Mv 6 over Mv 5. Add in Sure Hands and they are must take players. As they're fragile you will want to have both Thro-Ras on your team and they tend to skill up easily (for Khemri) so they're a couple of extra block players early on.
100% this! I managed to get a mv7 throw-ra, and its great.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Another way of looking at it is that you will need your Team Re-rolls for blocking (especially the Tomb Guardians). Many will be the time that you blow a re-roll early in the turn on a failed block. With Sure Hands, you still get to re-roll the subsequent pick-up by the Thro-Ra.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

You've worked hard to cause a turnover for your opponent.... Now, do you want a 50 percent chance to pick up the ball... or 75 percent?

Take two throw-ras....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"