Pro Elf Vs Norse. inducements?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Omalley69
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pro Elf Vs Norse. inducements?

Post by Omalley69 »

What about the swift twins?

One of them is quite a nasty blitzer.

Reason: ''
When life knocks you down, fouling is emminent!

Dont feel titchy, throw that feeling away!

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Aliboon wrote:I'd agree that Edril often ends up in the dugout, but with any luck he should have done his job by then and given the elves a turnover score or two. If he's being blitzed/fouled, then it means one of your permanent players isn't.

He needs protecting until he makes the all important hypno gaze, blitz on the BC, extract the ball, retrieve, pass and score all in a turn, so he isn't exposed to being blocked back. At least that's the theory...
The main flaw in that plan is that your opponent knows what you are about to attempt, and can adapt accordingly.

The second flaw is that once a few PElves have flown back to Mummy in the dugout, Eldril cannot be easily hidden from attack.

Just what I have observed as an opponent. For sure Hypno-Gaze can work spectacularly well, but in my experience the hit rate is on the low side.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
NorthernMonkey
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NorthernMonkey »

Thanks for all the input guys.

Went with Eldril, Merc thrower and babe.

Opponent chose to recieve so Merc thrower was promptly thrown on LOS duty.. he obviously didn't approve and "faked" a -av injury to get the hell out of there! Job done by him. Took an injury a real player would have otherwise.

Eldril was Eldril and did Eldril things. Couple times the MV 8 came in handy and managed to keep him out of harm's way till a ball sack was on. Twice managed the gaze and blitz play using my guard catcher to make it a 2 die. It's so dirty. I love doing it!

Pressures the ball in his backfield to point he had to ignore killing elves and score while he could and much earlier than he wanted. Ran in easy equaliser to repeat the pressure. This time turned him over and scored. 2-1 to the good guys (or cheating pointy eared gits depending on perspective) at half time.

Recieved 2nd half and scored quick 3rd thinking he would go quick to have a shot or slow and lose. He went quick. Didn't try massively hard to stop him and had 5 turns left.

Thanks to bench and always pressuring ball I was still at 11 men. Feeling good he set up heavy on one flank, I set up to go the other way but careful to cover for blitz where he was strong.

His 'kicker' went shallow in his loaded side and he promptly got the blitz and put whole cage under ball. Couldn't stop him and it was 3-3 but still had plenty time for winner.

Repeat set up from both teams. Repeat kick, this time pitch invasion. He had fame and promptly left 5 of my 10 guys stunned. Only one of his went down.

Wasn't able to fully protect ball from him due to lack numbers and being tied up on LOS etc. Got deep enough with a little cover that he had to double gfi to hit me. He promptly did so and then did some elf BS of his own to 4-3!

Partially I can happily say I was screwed by kick off events but he was aggressive with the kick skill and set up and still played well enough to capitalise.

Bearing in mind i screened off his strong flank in case of blitz, Was i wrong to set up strongly to go other way? Should I have done more than thin screen against his strong side maybe. I knew he was going to shallow kick and figured would normally have had the ball deep and safe with my guys rolling up his weak flank. How many guys would people have set opposite his strong side in that scenario?

Should probably add, second half was crazy fun regardless of the ko event frustration.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

It'd be interesting to see the set ups before commenting. There's not an awful lot you can do on a short kick and blitz combo though with only 2 players allowed in the sidelines. The thing I would pick up however, is in your shoes I would have tried slowing him down where you let him score quick and left yourself 5 turns in the second half. Giving yourself 2 or 3 turns instead would have limited his odds of coming back - not much that could've been done in any case with the KO table results though

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!