halfling second double...

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

halfling second double...

Post by Afroman »

The star of the Trumpers(Halflings), Whit E. Supr has the following stats:

7236 Blodge, Right Stuff, Stunty.

Steelhelm has given him yet another double, so what to take?

And due to house rules he also has Loner during this season.....

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: halfling second double...

Post by lunchmoney »

Side Step.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Dauntless!
Guard!
MB!
Strip Ball!
Tackle!
Sure Hands!

I'd probably go with Dauntless though. "I can beat up those orcs, no problem, it's easy. Coach was saying I'm the best blocker on the team, way better than Wall, this team would be a disaster without me!"

Guard might be the better choice, because you don't have to roll dice with a loner to use it. But it's not as much fun.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

sidestep? even if I've rolled a regular roll I would have thought that sure feet or sprint would be best to capitalize on its MA 7.
Sidestep a waste of double.

you have some reasoning behind it Lunchmoney?

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

rolo wrote:Dauntless!
Guard!
MB!
Strip Ball!
Tackle!
Sure Hands!

I'd probably go with Dauntless though. "I can beat up those orcs, no problem, it's easy. Coach was saying I'm the best blocker on the team, way better than Wall, this team would be a disaster without me!"

Guard might be the better choice, because you don't have to roll dice with a loner to use it. But it's not as much fun.
So your answer is to make him a hitman? He is the nr one fling blocker in the team but it does seem a little reckless?

Dauntless: Tempting... Specially hitting the ballcarrier thaht stayed behind the line
Guard: Wouldn't this just make him a BIGGER target? I don't want him to be passively in opps TZs...
MB:....with ST2?
Strip Ball: as Dauntless only more specific. Could be, but maybe not better than Dauntless.
Tackle: Same reasoning as Strip Ball.
Sure Hands: That could be a good choice. Only not usable on the TTM....

His MA7 combined with stunty makes him a great alternative to the TTM td. So he is Also the teams scorer. As such I've been thinking about Pro? usable in all kind of situations!
wadda you think?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Afroman wrote:sidestep? even if I've rolled a regular roll I would have thought that sure feet or sprint would be best to capitalize on its MA 7.
Sidestep a waste of double.

you have some reasoning behind it Lunchmoney?
Sure. I put Side Step on a lot of 'flings and it frustrates my opponents as they waste a lot of actions trying to get the little guy out if the way.
Just because you rolled a double doesn't mean you have to use it.
Also it doesn't suffer from your Loner rules.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

having a guarder that can walk into a cage is invaluable for stunties!

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

stowelly wrote:having a guarder that can walk into a cage is invaluable for stunties!
Don't fancy his odds of being able to walk back out of it though! :lol:

Maybe Pro, to negate the Loner, somewhat? With him being such a key player, I'd expect he's going to be involved in a fair amount of shenanigans, so that might mitigate some of the risk.

Also, you're likely to be out of re-rolls by the time you're needing to chuck him down the pitch, so it would give you a bit more reassurance when attempting to get him airborne.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Jip wrote: Don't fancy his odds of being able to walk back out of it though! :lol:
unless its a +ag it is completely expendable :D

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I missed the part about him having MA7. Best 'fling ever.

Sure Hands does actually help a bit on the TTM play - he'd just be the guy standing seven squares back, ready to grab the ball and hand off to your more expendable guy who gets launched.

As to making him a target? He's already a target. Not like someone's going to NOT go after your MA7 Blodger if he doesn't have Tackle.

And you're playing 'Flings, there is no way to play it safe so you might as well get whatever's going to help you the most, and enjoy it while you can.

When (not if) he gets murdered, just use the go-to Trumper method of dealing with adversity - blame someone else! "The refs, the commissioner, very unfair, they're very biased, they're doing a terrible job..."

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

I second the Sure Hands. With Sure Hands and Dodge he has most of the rerolls he needs. I agree with Rolo on TTM plan.
Side Step is great and it is generally my first normal to all halflings, but I would use the double.
All non-normal halflings are targets, but making him the ball handler keeps him safer than making him a hitter (or assistant).
A Block halfling without the temporary Loner and the +MA, I would be be very tempted by Strip Ball.

I would not fire him, but I have seen the argument that he might not be worth the TV. At 120k is he really worth what he brings? Depending on your matchups would you rather have him or a rookie and two bloodweiser?

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Sure hands for me. Nothing more annoying for flings than having a leaping strip baller ruin your plans.

layers6036
Rookie
Rookie

Post by layers6036 »

What a little legend... Very jealous!

Agree on Sure Hands if you want the double, but if you're looking to keep down bloat and take a regular skill then Sprint opens up some options and capitalises on the movement boosts nicely.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Have you considered Wrestle? I did some pretty amazing stuff with my wrestle 'fling before he died. 2 die up with wrestle means, you still come out on top fairly often...

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I'd go Sure Hands, but Dauntless is tempting. Still, Sure Hands. Sure Hands beats Loner, while Dauntless makes it worse.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.