What should I do with 150,000??

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

No, sadly I have not won the lotto!

Actually, this is more of a poll of what people think I should spend my ill gotten gains on, as I find myself uncharacteristically indecisive on the matter:

My Dwarf team have played 6 games in the A'dam league and have won 2, lost 2 and drawn 2. Thay have 8 long beards, 2 runners a Slayer and an Ogre. The A'dam league uses amalgamated 4th and 2001 rules which means that allies are still permitted, we still use cards, wizards do not need to be freebooted and stadiums can be improved. So please anyone tell me which of the following you would do with your money:

1) Astrogranite pitch (kill, maim, rend!)

2) Alchemist (Eureka, I have more money!)

3) A blitzer and a longbeard (sensible)

4) Borrow 10K for 2 blitzers (forward thinking)

5) An ally (only Norse lineman available, bah!)

6) Something else I haven't thought of...

Let me know what you would do and why. Lucy, feel free to post, but as you have a vested interest in the outcome of this poll, I will totally ignore any comments you make (as I usually do anyway :razz: )

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I would give the money to my elves.

Advantages?
1- Your TR drops with 15 points, meaning you still get the better TR deal in games.
2- Elves will invest it more wisely and may even think about playing your dwarvies again.

Is that a good deal or what!

Lucy
:smoking:

ps: Dwarves can't handle forward thinking, so option 4 is definitely out :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Princelucianus on 2002-03-01 09:32 ]</font>

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

:lol:

I think you'll find that my Dwarves, fabulously rich as they are, are not disposed to help out murderous pansies with poisoned daggers, as they are still in mourning you cheating bitch!

As for not handling forward thinking, who cares, they seem to be able to handle the ball better than your AG4 whores... :razz:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Norse, my advice: buy lots of beer. Maybe you could make a swimming pool of beer... mmmmmm
My second advice: don´t pay atention to princelucianus... I have a team of dwarves who could keep safe your gold...
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Mmmmm...

does anyone have any genuine suggestions??

Sadly Ancalagon, if some opponent pulls the card where they clear out my bank account, even your sturdy Dwarves will not be enough to prevent it!! I need to spend the cash really, really soon before some thief eyes it up!!!

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

You see. I'm the only one giving you any constructive thoughts. The rest just want to steal your money.

I'm not like that at all :roll:

BtW, My chaos dwarves need money,
You can lend them 20.000 ? I'll repay you 30.000 after my next match.

Lucy
:smoking:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Princelucianus on 2002-03-01 10:40 ]</font>

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

:lol:

You are taking the almighty piss, aren't you?

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Well I see you need real advice...
I don't know the rules for astrogranite so I would try the alchemist If your next match is against a weak or normal team and the players if you are going to play a bashing team.
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
PS: I still think that you could give your money to a dwarf brother

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Astrogranite Pitch = +1 to Armour rolls on a knockdown...

Pretty good for keeping the casualty total high! Plus, as Dwarves have the highest average AV of any team and Thick Skull and Block, I feel it plays to their strengths nicely... :grin:

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Not bad, not bad... but I think I prefer the other two options and I tell you why: I know that Dwarves have more armour but this field decreases op. armours and yours so the balance is kept. I mean, for me, astrogranite would be great for those teams who have really cheap players because carnage is sure doesn't matter the team who plays on it. Maybe is psychologic effect that only I see but...

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I would use the old genie first wish adage, ask for more wishes. By this I mean Alchemist.

then when you stop the money train at your station buy the blitzers and the the pitch. Always try to keep your income high as bb2k1 made it very hard to get cash so once you fully change over it will be hard to get this income.

build up a reserve now. I would offer you a decent interest rate to bank it with my teams treasury, but hell 4% is good to those in euroland. I could arbitrage it and still make on the deal despite charging you a handling/security fee.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I'havent tried 2k1 yet on a league so better pay attention to those who know better (I readed voyager´s post and I have to say that I forgot how difficult could be getting money on 2k1).
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I have 2 words for you Voyagers..

BETTER OFFER

I have already forced a Halfling Team to lose it's chef just three games ago, so I'd hate it to happen again. That's my fear, otherwise I totally agree with you as far as forward planning goes. At least there are no cards in the pack that can kill 2 blitzers of destroy the covering of your pitch!!!

Big risk dude....

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Suggestion ... if you fear Better Offer ... wait one game and then buy the Alchemist ... seriously ... if you league switches to the BB2k1 winning table ... cash flow goes down the drain.

However as long as your league still uses the special play cards you won't notice the effect of the winnings table very much. There is too much cash in the Random Events ... its IMO almost a requirement to play BB2k1 without the cards if you want it to be balanced long term. OR if you REALLY REALLY love the cards, then its almost a requirment to play BB2k1 WITHOUT THE RANDOM EVENT cards if you want it to be balanced long term.

Galak

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

:cool: Alchemist now :cool: !!
A good investment for long term development of your team. Then buy a blitzer :grin: