Skaven team advice

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Sirdixie
Rookie
Rookie

Skaven team advice

Post by Sirdixie »

Hi there, I'm taking part in an upcoming league (BB2 video game), the first stage is a four team group with games against Khemri, Brettonians and another Skaven team.

The first match is against the Khemri, both teams are new so no additional skills on either side. I can't remember the composition of the other team, mine is 4 GR, 2 SV, thrower and rounded out with line rats.

Seeing as there's a lack of skills on both sides how should I approach the Khemri? Kick first whilst I still have 11 players standing and try to pressure him into turnovers and burning his rerolls early? With no kick skill I can't rely on kicking the ball deep, should I aim for the middle of the pitch and hope for failed pick up rolls? Try and blitz a hole in the Los and push the runners through to put TZ on the ball and hope that their dodge keeps them safe?
When I receive I plan to keep the GR running as pairs and leave the ball with one pair, keeping them screened with LR and running down the clock before running in a late TD. If the other guys drops deep are there any steps I can take to get through? I assume their lack of AG would make my passing easier with less chance of an interception.

I was hoping to face the other two teams first in order to get some skills sorted. But we can't always get what we want.

Reason: ''
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Skaven team advice

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Sounds like a good plan. I think you are better off paying the Khemri first, as their lack of skills actually goes in your favour.

Bear in mind the AG makes little difference to intercepting - It'll be on a 6, just like it is for most of your team! always try to avoid an intercept attempt if you can.

Without kick, I'd always go for the centre, a touchback would be a pain for you.

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Sirdixie wrote:Hi there, I'm taking part in an upcoming league (BB2 video game), the first stage is a four team group with games against Khemri, Brettonians and another Skaven team.
Gaming Dads?

You have decent skills to start with, lots of speed and agility to face the Khemri. I'd probably pick to defend firs (mainly because I like defending more than attacking... and like to defend with 11 players while I have them). I'd take almost any chance to pop the ball if I were you. The Khemri will have issues picking up the ball and getting progress towards the td zone...

Good luck !

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Sirdixie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sirdixie »

Thanks for the replies everyone, it's good to know I was heading in the right direction with my ideas. Hopefully I'll be able to put the theory into practice.