Dark elf Stars for TV 1.1 Tourney

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Dark elf Stars for TV 1.1 Tourney

Post by grampyseer »

Hi,

Does anyone recommend including Darknail or Sidewinder as players in a 1.1 TV tourney?

Just getting back into the game after a long hiatus.

Reason: ''
Blood bowl players suffer from only one major design flaw...complaining
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Dark elf Stars for TV 1.1 Tourney

Post by Smeborg »

If it is TV110 + skills package, the answer is yes for Roxana, although money will be very tight.

I have played against Roxana in tourneys - she is lethal. With her, the DEs can run a sideline cage, and threaten to surf 1 player per turn. In a scramble, Roxana's AG5 is also very useful (for example, she always seems to catch bouncing balls).

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Smeborg wrote:If it is TV110 + skills package, the answer is yes for Roxana, although money will be very tight.

I have played against Roxana in tourneys - she is lethal. With her, the DEs can run a sideline cage, and threaten to surf 1 player per turn. In a scramble, Roxana's AG5 is also very useful (for example, she always seems to catch bouncing balls).

Hope that helps.
What build would you suggest for that?

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

fromherashes wrote:
Smeborg wrote:If it is TV110 + skills package, the answer is yes for Roxana, although money will be very tight.

Hope that helps.
What build would you suggest for that?
Not sure, but I have played against DE builds with Roxana at TV110 IIRC. You will likely need a Runner with Leader to save "money".

Smeborg the Fleshless
Thespian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thespian »

With Dark Elves? The only build I can see is if you had 10 Linemen, 1 Blitzer, Roxanna, and one reroll.

Now a better choice, if Roxanna is your endgame, is to take Amazons with 4 blitzers (360K), 7 linemen (350k), Roxanna, and 2 rerolls with 40k leftover to upgrade to some catchers...

Athanatos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Athanatos »

Just seen this post having entered a Tournament with a Dark Elves and Roxanna!
Rules are 1.1 minimum on players and a further 100k on players and/or skills
Roxanna
2 Blitzers
1 WE
Runner with Leader
7 Line Elves
1 RR

I’ll let you know how it went after the weekend!

Athanatos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Athanatos »

Athanatos wrote:Just seen this post having entered a Tournament with a Dark Elves and Roxanna!
Rules are 1.1 minimum on players and a further 100k on players and/or skills
Roxanna
2 Blitzers
1 WE
Runner with Leader
7 Line Elves
1 RR

I’ll let you know how it went after the weekend!
Had an excellent fun day three games 1-1-1 I’m a relatively new player having had about 20 games last year but these were the first this year.

Lost first game against Goblins ( 2 Guard Trolls and Ripper; eventual Stunty Cup winner) 2-0 Roxanna did some nifty ‘cachu tarw’ (I’m attempting to learn Welsh; Tarw is Bull and you can guess what cachu means :) ) but then the effing Blitzer failed the Hand-off when 6 squares from the end zone :pissed: Didn’t help that I’d forgotten how slippery stunty players were and had my Runner surfed by an Ag4 gobbo that dodged into the side cage, got a push with his 2D uphill block and then dodged out again. Lost the Runner; his unused Leader reroll; the ball (it was thrown back away from my players)
I failed an unnecessary number of 2+ rolls which didn’t help. To be fair his 2 trolls failed several Really Stupid rolls too.

Drew second against Orcs. We played in pouring rain but I still managed a long pass to get my TD having struggled to get past his line.
Second half he had a ‘solid’ cage (9 orcs) and Roxanna attempted to chain push his Blitzer with the ball out to an awaiting Blitzer but the second Frenzy Block , of necessity 2D uphill failed with a skull which left a big enough hole for his cage to advance enough into scoring range for the next turn.
He was even greener than me ( sprues arrived this week, first full game was the one before mine!) and was lucky with his BoBs - he kept fouling with them when line orcs were available, but didn’t get any doubles. Made a good post match learning discussion, that and move the Guard BoB and blitz with the Block one not the other way around!

Third Game was against ‘Flings. He kicked and I duly scored in about turn 5/6 after the ball had changed hands a few times. Set up too narrow for the restart and he successfully flung a ‘fling with the ball over my head but the scatters prevented a TD and I managed to retrieve the ball and got Roxanna through his lines to receive a pass and run in. So half time was 2-0 to me but I was.
Second half started with me men down and him needing 2 scores to tie. By the time he scored his first TD ( with another flung ‘fling) I had lost more elves including both the WE and Roxanna in the KO box (where they stayed) partly to his star pie flinging “bombardier” who had to go after the TD as he’d lost his coach arguing the ref in a first half foul send off. There was some decent Elvish ‘cachu tarw’ including a line elf dodging 3 times through multiple tackle zones to Blitz the ball carrier close to the end zone with a GFI though it only delayed the TD.
So started the last drive with only 5 (3 Lino and both Blitzers) but managed to get the ball which had scattered deep, survive his attempts at ‘cachu Tarw’ and run it far enough down field to be safe for the 2-1 win
He rolled some awesome armour and injury rolls and I ended 6-3 down in the Dead box!

Hope you liked the write up!