Werewolf +AG as first skill

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Werewolf +AG as first skill

Post by Piousman »

Just started a new Necro team in a league, and on my second game, one of my wolves rolled 11. I am considering the +AG on him, instead of Block.

I expect him to become the ball handler, and maybe passer on the team, until he gets Block on the second skill.

Should I just stick with Block, as the more versatile skill? At this point I do not have anyone else to ball handling. Saving for the 2nd Golem, so the first Goul is at least 2-3 games away, and then needs to level up for Sure Hands.

Reason: ''
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: Werewolf +AG as first skill

Post by mattgslater »

+AG. With MA8, AG4 is awesome. You will skill him that much faster, and can get Block on him at 16 SPP, no problem.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Always take +ag... no regrets! Then take dodge before block....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

AG4 Werewolf is phenomenal on both offense and defense. Take the agility and never look back.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

The trick will be keeping him alive. I'd foul him with any player just to try to kill him. Hopefully Regen will work enough to keep him alive until he gets Block :)

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

Some good advice here above. MA8 AG4 is what stars are made of. So instant pick, no doubts about that.

Dodge will be quite handy to utilise that AG4, but it depends heavily how much tackle there is in your league. Yet you should be able to keep him screened away from those and with MA8, chances are the wolf can outrun the tacklers.
I you have both ghouls, they will attract some tackle attention anyways.

And yes fouling is an often overlooked way to make sure a key player doesn't die after he has secured the game for you. If he isn't on the pitch, he can't be killed.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

How many games is this team going to play? Enough to get him to 3 skills and some? It's only then that it'll be really worth it.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

howlinggriffon wrote:The trick will be keeping him alive. I'd foul him with any player just to try to kill him. Hopefully Regen will work enough to keep him alive until he gets Block :)
hes a wolf, hes going to be fouled all day long..... and twice on Sundays, take the Ag!

I had an Ag + wolf and he was golden :D

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

Half a year later, and he got Dodge, and now time to pick his next skill.

He rolled +Mov, but I think I will go with Block at this time, just to get him Blodge and make the Blitzes so much surer.

Yozhikus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Yozhikus »

How has he been doing as your ball carrier? If he's getting into contact situations where he needs block I could see taking it. If he is your go to for scoring I'd consider the MA+. Are you concerned about losing him? How have you been playing him during a given game?

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

so far he has been de facto ball carrier and scorer. I felt the lack of block as he gets hit a fair bit, even it is 1DB.

As far as his AG, I have not really felt it, as he rolls most 1s on the team (also has most rolls on the team). Last match, last play, he missed his Dodge (rerolled to 2), then missed his first GFI, rerolled, then missed the second one.

On Defense I try not to block with him unless I have the RR, or block late, which makes me miss a key player.

Yozhikus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Yozhikus »

That makes sense. Block can maybe get him more mileage.