Cant decide High Elves with world cup rules

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Cant decide High Elves with world cup rules

Post by Mystic Force »

Ok, I am only doing this because it is 3am I cannot sleep and I woke up dreaming about playing this game at a tournament being unable to decide which version of the roster to turn in. If nothing else just putting this here will let me go to sleep!

So, team is High Elves, 1 thrower, 2 blitzers, 2 catchers, 5 line elves plus Eldril.

Skills is just dodge on players, going on in order of importance, plus a lineman with kick, easy enough.

Now I cant decise between using the 30k (after game 2) for a double in round 2 for guard on a line elf or stacking Sure hands and Nerves of steel on my thrower, using the 30k for the second skill.

Head says take guard its the sensible choice, although he will be targeted and killed.

Heart says make the High Elf defensive thrower whose job is to secure loose balls in tackle zones and throw it to safety. I love this guy in a a league, but for a tournament......

Or should I be boring and just say screw the 10k and give another player dodge or maybe block or wrestle.

Okay now I can sleep.

Reason: ''
I am a pro "fun" guy.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Cant decide High Elves with world cup rules

Post by lunchmoney »

The Sure Hands will stop those pesky Strip Ball Wardancers ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Your roster looks illegal at the moment. You only have 11 players including Eldril, but you need 11 normal players before you can add him.

My personal view with High Elves is always stick with basic skills you'll use, so dodge / block / wrestle / guard double.

How much will you actually use a nos thrower? Personally, I only take the thrower if I need it for leader, otherwise I'd rather take more catchers for the speed.

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

Yeah you are right I miss counted :oops:

To get the numbers I think I will drop a reroll, and switch out the thrower for 2 linemen. Take the guard linemen and spread around more dodge, and hope not to play Dwarves.

Writing this out did work on getting it out of my mind, unfortunately replaced by a work related chemistry problem which jumped right in that vacated space.

I am a pro "fun" guy.