MV 7 One turn touch down - spaced out LOS?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Fold
Experienced
Experienced

MV 7 One turn touch down - spaced out LOS?

Post by Fold »

Last night I tried a chain push OTTD with my undead, managing 3 of the necessary 4 spaces before I ran out of steam (still my best attempt yet, I think)

The issue I had was my opponent had spaced his LOS guys one space apart from each other instead of the usual row of 3.

I know there are loads of guides for how to do this (even with a MV 6 player) when the opponent deploys the LOS with a row of 3, but are there any for how to do it when the LOS is spaced out? Is it even possible?

I had full team, FYI.

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: MV 7 One turn touch down - spaced out LOS?

Post by sann0638 »

Fumbbl is the best bet I think, search OTS (or OTT, can't remember) on the forum.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Funnily enough we were chatting about this last time our club met.

One pertinent point that was made which is sometimes missed is that for the Mv7 OTT, around the 2nd/3rd block when you chain-push you have to push one of the opponents players from the LOS a square back into their half to allow you to get the scorer to the correct row later.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Got Frenzy or Grab? That makes it easier. Posts incoming in next 12 hours, as I get a good night's sleep.

I've done it before, but it's not easy.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Fold
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fold »

Nope, neither of those sadly (though I could take grab on one mummy now - I don’t think I will though as it’s a pretty niche skill!)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Fold
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fold »

sann0638 wrote:Get a cup of tea and have a read: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphp ... ic&t=18558
Thanks for the pointer, Sann! I didn't find the answer here but it was a good read anyway :)
Loki wrote:Funnily enough we were chatting about this last time our club met.

One pertinent point that was made which is sometimes missed is that for the Mv7 OTT, around the 2nd/3rd block when you chain-push you have to push one of the opponents players from the LOS a square back into their half to allow you to get the scorer to the correct row later.
I've now sat down to work this out myself and I may have made this harder than it should be but I don't think you need to push an opponents player from the LOS other than the one you are using to do all the pushing.

I documented both plays (vs bunched up and spread out LOS) here: One Turn Touchdowns with Move 7 Teams

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Fold wrote:
sann0638 wrote:Get a cup of tea and have a read: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphp ... ic&t=18558
Thanks for the pointer, Sann! I didn't find the answer here but it was a good read anyway :)
Loki wrote:Funnily enough we were chatting about this last time our club met.

I've now sat down to work this out myself and I may have made this harder than it should be but I don't think you need to push an opponents player from the LOS other than the one you are using to do all the pushing.

I documented both plays (vs bunched up and spread out LOS) here: One Turn Touchdowns with Move 7 Teams
Sorry yes, I've written somewhat the opposite of what I meant!

I meant to say you need to push one of your own players from the lijne of scrimmage rather than the ball carrier. on one of the chainpushes - you got it in your 4th image where you have to push an 'x' rather than 'R' to get that last square. Apologies for any confusion :)

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.