Trying to figure out how to develop a Chaos Minotaur

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Trying to figure out how to develop a Chaos Minotaur

Post by thErgonomic »

Hello, I am a bit new to playing Chaos but I managed to get some lucky rolls on my Minotaur and I am trying to figure out how important certain skills are for one that rolled a 6+4. I'm trying to figure out whether MA+ or AV+ is more important than Claw, Tentacles and Break Tackle, which were my planned skills on a Minotaur that has obtained Guard, Block and ST+ and why.

Reason: ''
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Trying to figure out how to develop a Chaos Minotaur

Post by Aliboon »

Tricky. I think there is 'a good argument for Mino''s getting + AV as AV 8 is quite a weakness, but those other skills might be more useful.

If you are in a league with a lot of high AV then maybe go claw, lots of Elves then tentacles. Break tackle is nice, but I 'd be quite happy for an opo to try to tie up my wild animal with fodder, especially if he already has block and just needs an assist to get 3d, they won't be tieing them up for very long and you have plenty of other good blitzers on the team.

It is a shame you picked guard (although guard is never a bad choice and it might have been your team needed it at the time?).

Unless you are always going for it for a second blitz block, then I think +MA is a luxury you don't have the skill space to afford.

I reckon + AV unless your league is very high ST claw heavy.

thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

Yes the Guard was indeed because I had none. I he was the fourth or fifth one to level up and the previous guys had all been Beastmen and I just had given them three or two blocks, Sure Hands and a Mighty Blow.

Also the enviroment is on BB2 Open Ladder so there's a ClawPOMB team from time to time.

Would Stand Firm be a better idea over Break Tackle/AV+?

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

I don't think you'll go far wrong with any of the choices really. Stand firm works well with tentacles (and the guard) and protects from surfs, but unless you find yourself in the stands quite a lot, then I'd prefer the AV.

A bit will also depend on what you want the mino to do, stay in the scrum or be the main blitzer, if the latter BT or MA.

Your warriors make good roadblocks and your beastmen good blitzers. Your Mino can be better at both, but there is only one of him and he is very expensive.

thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

I since he got his ST+ and Block I just usually throw him in the middle of most player and thell my opponent to bite me.
So basically I've just used him as a roadblock that can punch real hard.

Would the fact that BB2 still uses the old rules for Piling On reduce the value of AV+?

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

A coach in our league had exactly the same problem (6+4 on a Minotaur).

I was in the minority but I think the Movement is super helpful. You blitz a lot with a Minotaur if you want to get value from him, but he's the slowest player on your team. And you usually want to move away from the sidelines after surfing someone. How often do you have to go-for-it? 2+ rolls on a loner are sneaky-bad and anything which can save them will help you.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

I don't actually surf with the Minotaur expect in cases of emergy, IE I can surf a Strength 5 piece. I gave my Strip Ball/Wrestle goat Frenzy so he has been doing those honours most of the time. I don't trust leaving the Minotaur on the sidelines in case he has to make GFIs to get out.

thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

Well I went with +AV in the end. I think I'll be happy with it.

thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

...and now he is dead. *One single tear*
Rock from the crowd, Dead or dead from the Apo.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Don't know whether to laugh or cry....

Reminds me of a league from many moons ago where a rat coach spent ages saving for a Rat Ogre who was promptly killed in its debut match by the first block of the game ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

Nuffle giveth, and Nuffle taketh.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

It helps if you think of it as being promoted to play for Nuffle's team.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"