Undead, are they broken or what?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

I have said this a million times in that "other" p

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

The core teams are pretty well balanced and alot of the perceived over/under poweredness comess from a coaches own point of view.
One of the early teams I ran in 3rd edition was undead. I finished that season with 1 loss and I thought my ears would bleed from all wailing about unbalance. Unfortunately, I conceeded and switched teams. I switched to dwarfs. My dwarfs played 4+ seasons with but a few losses total. wailing, wailing, wailing, wailing...
Next I tried dark elves and had my pointy ears handed to me. Then skaven...again I had teeth in a basket. Next came Chaos and low and behold we powered our way straight to the top and flattened all in our path!
Are the Dwarfs and Chaos teams over powered? Of course not. Why are the Undead any better?
It's all about your style. I don't understand that elfy ball prissy crap and so I suck at it and I have a harder time defending against it. That's why I excel with teams that make up for that weakness.

Reason: ''
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

I don't understand that elfy ball prissy crap and so I suck at it and I have a harder time defending against it. That's why I excel with teams that make up for that weakness.
I didn't either. I started out my BB career playing the undead.. Then I switched to Chaos Dwarves.. At the time, I had played quite a bunch of matches against dark elves and woodies, so I decided to get myself a high elf team, just because I hadn't played against or with them..

So, I receive my HE team, and .. well.. continued playing my other teams for some reason.. I didn't really start playing them for quite a while, due to the fact that I didn't really feel comfortable playing elves.

When I finally started to play them, it was in a league setting. Felt very strange to play elves as you need to think differently to master them. But you get used to them.. After the initial 10 or so matches, the elves are very fun to play.. Before that, the team isn't really developed enough to be able to compete (atleast that's my opinion).

You really should try to play with an elf team.. It will probably improve your game too.. And also, try playing gobbos or flings too. I recently crushed a skaven team 4-0 (both TR 100 rookie teams).. Highly amusing :)

-- Christer

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

I've played all the teams.

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I've played everything except Amazons. Just not in the league. My league will often have all night tourneys where we all get together and play for money. (I remember the glory days of the league when we were 8-12 people strong and everyone put in 10-20 bucks. Nice little chunk o' change for the winner!)
In the league setting though I stick to what I'm good at. No matter how much I play with elves and skaven I'll never be as good with them as chaos, undead and dwarf.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Well, if we're just counting the votes:
Personally, I've played both with and against the undead, and I don't think that they are broken at all.

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

I think the Undead are a pretty well balanced team. Playing against them I am fearful of the damage they could cause my team. but I am equally aware that I should have little trouble in outscoring them. When playing with them I I feel trapped by their lack of movement, but try to make the most of the aura of the undead to frighten my opponent into making silly errors - basically cause pain and draw attention away from the ball carrier :lol:
I don't think the Undead are more dangerous than speed teams, if anything they may be slightly under strengthed or at least in the middle bracket in terms of power.

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser