Undead, are they broken or what?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Even with a full compliment of 4 Ghouls, 4 Wights and 2 Mummies . (I make that about 800 gp or near enough ) after your 11th player and fan factor that leaves one re-roll. Max. With only eight realistic ball carriers and the age old non apothecary for Ghoul, plus no sure hands skill or passing skills to start, This is no longer a tournament winner,( Yeah i know Chaos hasn't either ) but Hey Presto Add a Duke Luthor and take out a few ghouls and wights add a zombie and the Undead rule supreme.

Unfortunately Luthor no longer has a part in BB2K1.

Undead unbalanced? Not anymore.

Reason: ''
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

One point about Regenerate vs the Apothecary: It's easier to focus the Apothecary on the injuries that count. In today's game, you're probably looking at 4 injuries per game per team, more or less.

Consider: Even if you end up with two permanent injuries, Regenerate cleans up one of them, on average. The Apothecary clears up 5/6 of one of them, so they're practically even.

The difference? You can pick and choose which player gets the services of the doc. That's a big bonus.

And if you suffer only one permanent injury per side, the Apothecary has the advantage. On the plus side for Regenerate, you never have to think about it! :smile:

Marcus - If you really want to play a "challenging side" this season, try the new Lizardmen. Or Halflings. Or Goblins. Or Chaos Dwarfs. Or Norse. Or Amazon. Or Undead :smile:

-Chet

-Chet

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Goblins rules :smile:

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

DW: Good points well made. I won't requote in depth but your points on regenerate and development in particular have given me pause for thought.

McD: The lack of Vampires in 2k1 is a key factor here. Most of my league experience comes from playing against undead with rookie vampires. Now they have the extra Wights instead it does weaken the team somewhat. (Ironically last time I played our Undead coach I beat him by using 2 Storm Vermin with Hypnotic Gaze :smile: )

Acerak: I played through last season with the new Lizardmen and still finished top of the table. Norse and Amazons bore me to tears. I'm actually dead keen to play gobbos :smile:

Cheers
Marcus

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Out of interest was that when Skinks could take General Skills, 2 Kroxes etc.?

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Yep, skinks with general and agility, saurus with general and strength. It was 4th edition gold rules so we were playing OSPA as well.

Didn't bother taking Kroxigors, they were a bit crap: Bonehead and no Mighty Blow.

Marcus

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Marcus - Those Lizardmen were definitely easier than the current version. If you want a real challenge, try playing the Agility-only, crunchy Skinks :smile:

-Chet

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

I won't talk much about lizards because it is not the aproppiate topic, and all you know my point of view: Using 2k1 lizards are dead. Or you are a fool kasparov wanting to prove yourself or you'll loose.
About undead, there's one thing you forget: necromancer can raise dead, so they don't need to pay much to refill their scrim line, just play few matches. People who play undead near me jumped of joy when knew about using 4 wights; they said their teams won't have to suffer for weak ghouls because they can use wights as ball carriers. They are going to buy ghouls of course, but their first idea is to have 4 wights in their teams.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

in my mind, Undead team must be split between Khemri team and Vampire team , it seems more logical and less beardie than the current solution.

Kamikaze Rudy
Veteran
Veteran

IMO...

Post by Kamikaze Rudy »

One small tweak that would make the Undead a little less powerful would be to lower the Movement of the Wights from 6 to 5. Now that there is 4 of them available, I feel that the team is a just a tad overpowered. They can be beat, unlike the Amazons in our new league for some reason.

Has anybody had a problem with the Amazons being too tough? I never thought that I'd say that about a team with 7AV across the board.

Nobody knows what the Indians did to the buffalos, but it must've been pretty sick because millions of these gentle beasts committed suicide by throwing themselves in front of the white man's gun.
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Has anybody had a problem with the Amazons being too tough? I never thought that I'd say that about a team with 7AV across the board.

Try Tackle. I don't know what you should try to stop Regenerate, though ;)

Cheers!

-Chet

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

Acerak wrote: Try Tackle. I don't know what you should try to stop Regenerate, though ;)
or chocolate, or anything from tiffany & co....

as for regenerate, there was something about an acid net in a DYK... might make for an intersting new secret weapon?

iron chef kosher
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

What about "Zippo attack" for taking out Mummies?

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

i thought daddies went out with mummies?

ba dum dum...

emphasis on dumb...

iron chef kosher
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Amazons aren't all that. Tackle sorts them out pretty quickly.

Marcus