Building two or three teams, advice wellcome

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Well, a new league comes and with friends we decided to have a pre season of three matches to try different races. Once this 3 matches have gone we have to choose one of the teams we built to keep with them through the league. During the preseason it's possible to reconstruct the team lossing each time 50k to rebuilt it and all experience, money or FF we got (ex. 1st rebuilt 950k, next 900k).
I want to try dwarfs, lizards and maybe (only maybe) DE. Advice to build one team of each race is always wellcome, so please come on and share your ideas.

Reason: ''
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I forgot to say: we use 2k1 rules but still have to vote if we can buy the starplayers or just freebot them.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Dwarfs:
2 Blitzers
2 Slayers
2 Runners
5 Longbeards
3 RR
3 FF
= 1000000gc

Good starting line up. Drop one slayer and buy an extra Longbeard to beef up your FF to 5 or go after an extra reroll if you want.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Beg to differ Thadrin (mt fellow Caledonian Alumnus!)..

1 Slayer is enough becasue these guys a re a god-damn liability sometimes. They are only better than Longbeards if you're up against a Big Guy. My starting line up for Dwarves is 1 Slayer, 2 Runners, 8 Longbeards, Apothecary, 3 RR and the rest on FF. It works well for me, plus as your team expands you can invest in glamorous blitzer dudes. I think that Tackle is the most under-rated skill in a Dwarven arsenal, so I always max out on those Longbeards.

Why don't you bring your stunties to A'dam in the summer and we can see who fairs better?? :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

the line up I will be using in our new league is

1 runner
1 TS
1 blitzer
8 LB
RR 3
FF 6

apo as first purchase, followed by second blitzer

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Thx all dwarf fellows... but did you forget that using 2k1 it's possible to get 1 ogre? I have to say that usually our leagues are really full of st teams. I expect almost 4 undead and 3 ork plus one or two chaos minimum. I think I should get those 2 Slayers and the ogre and have less RR. Remember that dwarf are full of skills so RR are less useful than in other teams. And I also think that runners and blitzers are necessary to get the ball because longbeards will have a little trouble to get it.
what do you think about?

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I hate my Ogre. I wish I'd never bought him.

He attracts trouble like flies to sh :mad: t and he doesn't even have block. The boneheaded is not the issue, he's just no where near as good as a basic longbeard.. I'd buy a longbeard and a RR instead...

I take your point about not enough AG3 guys. It has frustrated me occassionally in the A'dam league, but I am secure in the knowledge that killing is much more fun than scoring! Don't you think Lucy? :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, after having played long time with DE I enjoy every death my players do. About ogre, I know he will be surrounded by other big guys or avoided by elf teams, but this is exactly the reason to have one on the team... and don't forget a possible match having morg, deathroller, grim and a full team with a ogre... :roll: mmmm sluuurps

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

kill maim.... lets play some football. Big guys are bad though, I would always leave them until I only had 1 spare roster place left.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I think this could be a topic:
"Do you use Big guys since team is created?"
I think Big Guys aren't so bad, at the end with the ogre only rolling 1 could destroy your tactic and you only have to roll dice 16 times.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Big guys without block are simply dangerous. For your own team I mean. I guess dwarves are good enough at killing without the need of allies.

This week, Norse and I will play a match of dwarf mayhem. Follow our press releases from 15-03-2002.
http://niels.xs4all.nl/bloodbowl/

My chaosdwarf coach is called Gillis de G. and Norse pressreleases are written by Ramsay.

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Dwarf team is a very good starting team ! So no ogre is needed to brink "punch" to your team.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Big Guys? Earlier you get em, earlier you pick up Block.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

What do you think of this:

DWARF TEAM:
2 Slayers
2 Blitzer
2 Runner
5 longbeards
1 RR
6 FF
Apoth

LIZARD TEAM:
6 saurus
5 skinks
2 RR
7 FF
Apot

Finally I didn't get the ogre on the dwarf team, trying to get money in those 3 preseason matches. Hope all my players survive enough to have it.

Deathwing: agree with you, this was one of the reasons I wanted to have the ogre in preseason; I want him with block.
:pissed:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Caledonian? I went to Stirling, not Caledonian (Incidentally - the butt ugliest building in Glasgow last I checked).

I agree you can drop a slayer and still be successful - I had one killed in my second game and I'm still third in my division, with the guy in second still on my schedule and having just played the woodies who are romping out the division, and who have yet to play the team in second.

How about:
2 Blitzers 160
2 Runners 160
1 Slayer 90
6 Longbeards 420
2 Rerolls 80
1 Apothecary 50
4 Fan Factor 40
= 1000

Need to max out on the AG3 guys, and gives a nice number of players with Tackle (I love that skill. Gives Elves the screaming heebee geebees).
The apothecary is in case of anything nasty happening - even dwarfs aren't unbreakable - but could be subbed for another reroll and a fifth fan factor on the condition that he was the first purchase.