Building two or three teams, advice wellcome

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

BTW - will try and get my Stunties over to Adam if I can....I'm getting hitched in September though so cash is a bit tight just now.

and Ogres are a bad idea until the team has at least thirteen players, including all 6 positionals, plus an apothecary and at least three preferably four rerolls.
In short he's a nice luxury but you really don't need him. the one game I played with one on my dwarf team he cost me the tying touchdown by being a bonehead at precisely the wrong moment.

Reason: ''
Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Thadrin: Why do you only take only one Slayer?

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I don't usually. Next time I might try the last list I posted, but the team I'm running at the moment started like the first list I posted. I want all my position players to start with so they can get SPPs going.
Isee Norse's concern about the Slayers getting themselve sin trouble - especially because that's basically how mine died - but can't agree on leaving out the Blitzers. Four Ball carriers isn't enough let alone two.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I'll finally use the dwarf team I posted; my first match will be next friday night against orks. Any advice? (i must admit that the guy I play against is better player than me) I'll try to play keeping all my players alive (I don't mind loosing in preseason) because I've seen some bloody matches of preseason and doubtfully those teams that played will arribe to the league...
My first match using lizards is against dark elves, and I try to keep alive my skinks but be sure that my saurus will kick some asses!
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
Thadrin: sorry but I don't understand your last post... you don't agree with Norse but... 4 ball carriers or only 2? I prefer having 4.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Well, I'm more of a crunching player than anything else, so I prefer the guys with block plus a little extra for the re-rolls..

Against Orcs my tactics would be very simple:

1) Target the AG3 guys first, forget the Black Orcs, they may be big and scary but they are unlikely to score.

2) Always follow up, as all your linemen have block and thick-skull and tackle, this will force your opponent to roll dice he doesn't want to. As Orc linemen do not have block, they are prone to making mistakes against longbeards.

3) Use the audience.. always set up your Slayer so he gets a 2 dice blitz with the audience as your intended target.

4) Never foul unless it's absolutley necessary. Having a 70K longbeardsent off for kicking a 50K lineorc is not good maths.

Well, that's it. It's exactly how I plaed last week v Orcs and I won 1-0 (dullest game ever, but who cares..)
Happy hunting....

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Yes... this saturday I played a test match with my dwarfs against orks. This guy built his team a few moments before the match and he said won't play again with it so he freeboted morg and had one ogre plus 4 black orks. The match ended 1-1 so I thought about it like a victory.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

A freebooted Morg, an ogre, plus 4 black orcs? :eek: Wow, you Spanish guys play hard ball, don't you?? I'm surprised his team could find the ball!! :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Norse: In all leagues I played most of the teams were st based teams, those kind of teams are easy to play with: usually you don't have to think about asists and dodges, just hit as hard as you can.

Yesterday I played my first prseason match using my Lizards against DE. The result was 1-1 and some blood covered the pitch (2 killed, 2 badly injured, 2 injured). I did 4 of the casualties and one of my saurus got MPV and got "Block". I played keeping saurus in the middle of the field while skinks covered backfield waiting for a hole in op. defense. Last turn I could try a TD but I managed to make some more casualties because we are playing preseason and match result won't be reflected on the league. I thought that posibility of gaining exp. with saurus is better than try to score with skinks... at the end unless you get doubles, the most useful skill wich can get those small bast*rds is sidestep.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Morg is a blitzer so he can pick up the ball and keep it !!!

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Trambi: we know what's is able to do morg, but usually people don't use it to carry the ball :wink:

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

and that's a mistake for 95k gp a match, he must mark at least 5TD :lol:

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I posted in "Tactics" waiting for more help with my dwarfs. The topic is called "how to put dwarfs onto the pitch".

Trambi: about morguie, don't forget that he will be target for most of the fouls, blocks, etc. I think that usually is worth his cost

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Ancalagon : it was a joke !

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I know, but maybe the others not :wink: :lol: I've learnt some things about french humour :lol: :lol:

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Althought, when i played human team with 3rd ed, Morg scored a lot of time (less that Griff and Luthor )