Graphic problem 2

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Graphic problem 2

Post by MickeX »

Second try. This one has a definitive solution. Same picture as #1.

- It's Blue Teams 8th turn in the second half.
- All players are unskilled human linemen.
- No other players are on the pitch.
- Neither team has a RR left.

How should Blue Team go about to get that TD?

Micke

Reason: ''
[color=#444444][size=75] FUMBBL ::[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2315]TBB Group[/url][/size][/color]
monkeyinacoma
Rookie
Rookie

Post by monkeyinacoma »

i'm not entirely sure how it can have a 'definitive' answer, but what i would do would be 2 dice block with blue#4 on red#4. if i fail to knock him down, push him to the square between blue#2 and blue#3 (the only place he can go). then block him with blue#2. if i failed to knock him down, i'd push him away from blue#3. this would leave blue#3 free of tackle zones. i'd run blue#5 up and hand off to blue#3, who would then hopefully run round the outside for the touchdown.

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

4 blue blocks 4 red, 2 with dice block. Red is either pushed or knocked down to the only free space. If the block results in a push, follow up to give Blue 2 a 2 die block on red 4. If this is also a push, move #4 to sqare I7. Blue 5 can then move up and hand off the ball to blue 3. Blue 3 can reach the end zone in 6 spaces without going through any tackle zones.

BTW, I'd have blue 5 do the handoff from H7, just in case something went wrong.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Everything Skummy said, except i'm not sure what diff it makes where the hand off comes from as any failure is a turnover and game over

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Heh, I think MickeX just found a new use foe SkiJunkie's program ;) No more XOXXXO

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

Anthony_TBBF wrote:Heh, I think MickeX just found a new use foe SkiJunkie's program ;) No more XOXXXO
Yup! I really like the graphics, looks like my good ol' Spectrum 48k. If anyone else feels like constructing problems, just borrow my black border and cut in your screenshot.

The answers are correct, at least they're the best solution I've found. This would be an example of a right-or-wrong-problems suited for relatively unexperienced coaches (as opposed to discussion topic-problems like #1).

Micke

[color=#444444][size=75] FUMBBL ::[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2315]TBB Group[/url][/size][/color]
Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

I'd go with a 1-die blitz blue 1 on red 1, a push is good enough to get blue 1 into the end zone. Then a hand off to blue 1 for the score. In the end it comes out to roughly the same as above except it takes a lot less die rolls.

-Balrog

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Balrog wrote:I'd go with a 1-die blitz blue 1 on red 1, a push is good enough to get blue 1 into the end zone. Then a hand off to blue 1 for the score. In the end it comes out to roughly the same as above except it takes a lot less die rolls.

-Balrog
?? 2D Block with a 2 in 3 chance of a knockdown, 1 in 6 chance of turnover. And a hand off.

or...

1D Block with a 1 in 3 chance of a turnover, 2 gfi's and a hand off.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

You've got sprint like you did in the 1st one? If so run it in.

If no sprint then B4 blocks R4, follows. If R4 is still standing B2 blocks him to I7. B5 then hands off to B3 who runs in. Its a bit better than 50/50.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

I put him there becasue the red team could in theory have more people downfield and a turn left. Handing it off from in front of their only free player would at least make them work to secure the ball if it scatters.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

Deathwing wrote:
Balrog wrote:I'd go with a 1-die blitz blue 1 on red 1, a push is good enough to get blue 1 into the end zone. Then a hand off to blue 1 for the score. In the end it comes out to roughly the same as above except it takes a lot less die rolls.

-Balrog
?? 2D Block with a 2 in 3 chance of a knockdown, 1 in 6 chance of turnover. And a hand off.

or...

1D Block with a 1 in 3 chance of a turnover, 2 gfi's and a hand off.
Good point, I forgot about the GFIs... doh!

-Balrog

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Graphic problem 2

Post by Darkson »

MickeX wrote:- No other players are on the pitch.
So need to worry about scatters.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grimshag
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Grimshag »

I was thinking "How about B1 dodges to K6 then runs along to L1, B5 then runs along to L4 and short passes?" but realize that its a silly idea (Unless you want to get those extra SPPs) because of the minimum (and maximum) of 3 die rolls, compared to the min of 2 (with better odds) that you have come up with.

Just trying to explore all sides of it