Orc Lineman...

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Deathwing wrote:I'd go Dodge or Leader.
Why would you choose dodge?

I'm curious as I'm pretty sure that Diving Tackle fits in my Orcy game plan better.

Typical defence against passing team. They run 2/3 players through my line. Blitz one of them and mark the rest.

The DT line orc - without other skills - can really help with the marking, especially if he's backed up by a player with tackle.

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Dodge is useful both sides of the ball against all teams. Granted, DT is probably a better choice against passing teams, but Blodge keeps him upright and Dodge gives him greater freedom of movement without resorting to TRR. Difficult to put down and difficult to pin down.
I guess a lot's down to playing style.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I'd take dauntless then guard. BO are tied up on the front line untill you give them break tackle. Dauntless gives you more confidence in defence.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Lorka
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lorka »

It much easier to block a lone orc with leader than an orc with guard who is in the middle of some BoBs (also with guard). Put the Orc with guard behind the Troll so he dont have to roll stupid and then use him to run where an assist is needed.

If someone wants to blitz into the middle of 4+ hitters with guard to get a lineorc, let em and cackle gleefully as you stomp on his face :)

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Too right! My strategy for Orc teams is to make them as mean as possible which means plenty of thug skills and guards. If you want it come and get it!!

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Obvious case of different playing style... :wink:

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

If you take less BO's and more Goblins and 2 throwers then I don't think this team is set up for the "obvious" playing style.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Ok, I agree at last 8) As it seems that he does not use his Troll for anything else then pounding the front line and has Block already, Leader will not give him the huge advantage it gives TTM teams with Big Guys without Block.

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

narkotic wrote:I wouldn't waste a double for guard on an orc lineman when you can get it easily for BoB. A lineman with guard will easily be pounded first to prevent him giving guard. St3 and no block make him an easy target.
..unless he's surrounded by other guys with guard. Then it's not so easy to knock him down. Guard is one of those skills, espescially on bashy teams, that gets better the more you have. You really can't have too much guard. Sure you can (and should) get it on your BOB's and Blitzers, but why stop there? :)
narkotic wrote:Take Leader, set up the lineman on the wide-zones or as a defender and enjoy re-rolling Really Stupid or the infamous tripple push-backs Trolls usually roll.
Leader is a very good skill for the line orc also. If you're having problems where you never seem to have enough rerolls, this might be a better choice for you than guard...in this case. Generally though, I'd go with guard. :)

Rookie

Post by Poxous »

So it sounds like guard is a good idea. I have guard on another lineman and the two in running together will be nice. I also have guard on two blitzers. Like everyone says never enough guard right?

Leader seems o.k. but my troll isn't a focus of my attack. He's a kind of 'get in the way with S5' guy if you follow me. I will be taking guard on the BOs as they advance. For sure on the troll! Fun!!! My league is bashy( 20 teams; 14 are bashers...poor haflings... ). The skills that would best suit my style of play with this team now are guard and mighty blow. Hit, hit often, and break armor. Ground and Pound. I had a nice gobbo with catch but he died last game making a dodge. Oh well :wink:

kaboom
Super Star
Super Star

Post by kaboom »

LEADER!

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Leader, for sure.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Dodge, good for defence and also helps maneouverability

berserker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by berserker »

I'd go with Leader as he already has 3 players with guard and serves the whole team and especially the troll.

Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

Poxous, even though guard may very well fit your style of play, I'd recommend giving a thought or two about leader. Unless you are having enough RR (like 5+ or so), then guard it is!

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.