Advice on a skill for a gutter runner

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Jubilateur
Rookie
Rookie

Advice on a skill for a gutter runner

Post by Jubilateur »

One of my gutters just got a new skill an i'm not sure about what i should give him. He is 9 2 5 7 and has Dodge, block, jump-up, and leap. I already have a one turn scorer and a really good defensive gutter (DG, BLK, DAUNT, STRIP BALL) I just really don't know what skill to give him.

Thanks for your advices

Reason: ''
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

On a fifth skill its gonna be a while to the next upgrade. I'd look at a guy to use against the pass seeing as you already have a scorer and a guy to disrupt the run. Not sure I would have taken leap on this guy in that case. Catch, Tackle, Shadowing, Pass block are all useful there.

You could use him as a ball retriever - sure hands would be a help there (remember you'll be picking up the ball in TZs so having AG5 is not a sure fire thing on the pick up)...leap into the scrum that your other GR just got the ball out of and dodge away with the ball.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

Exactly, sure hands would be my choice.

Leap into any mess and still get the ball out... Combined with your two other GRs it will be hell to play against you!

Then make your 4th gutter runner into that pass threat. Pass block, catch, shadowing, tackle, as Thadrin suggested. Defense will be your field!

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.
los_locos
Veteran
Veteran

Post by los_locos »

Pass block would be nice, but when you have only one pass blocker it's not going to help you much, I think shadowing or sure hands will be better one this GR!!!!

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i always take block if i roll normal first on a gutter runner, it keeps them alive much longer

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Sure Hands or block.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Guys, he's already got Block!

I wouldn't turn him into a Shadower - the AG increase, Jump Up and Leap skills don't really fit with that.

I do like the idea of him being a ball retriever - give him Sure Hands and possibly Big Hand on a double. Then he can leap into 3TZs on a 2+, pick up the ball on a 2+, dodge out (hopefully only into 1TZ, so it's a 2+), and then dodge out completely on a 2+.

Alternatively, he'd make a pretty good intercepter, Pass Block and Catch would do nicely here.

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

misread his post then ;]

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I generally find my AG5 GRs on ball retrieval duty so Sure Hands would be useful.

Strip Ball would also be an idea. With leap and AG5 he can get into tight spots to get even a 1/2 die block to strip the ball loose. True, you already have a Strip Ball player but redundancy is a Skaven watchword. 2 GRs with Strip is a nightmare and you'll likely force your opponent to always keep the ball with his Sure Hands player which limits his options with the ball.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

My default skill for gr's when I'm stuck and don't know what to give them next is sure feet. Their big schtick is MA, may as well get the most from it.

Legend

Post by Skummy »

I'd go with Sure Hands, and Dauntless on doubles.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

Sure Hands or Strip Ball is what I'd do. If you find your GR with Strip Ball is already plenty then take Sure Hands so you can go and pick up any ball he knocks loose.

-Balrog