How to make "kick" useful?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

wesleytj wrote:See I read that same section and get the opposite opinion, especially since it specifies what a 1 is, what a 3 is, etc. So if I roll a 1 and 3, it goes 0+1=1 squares. You take each die, round down according to kick skill rules, then sum.
The kick skill description never refers to the die (or dice) roll, just the amount scatter.

The fact you are rolling 2d6 for scatter instead of 1d6 is irrelevant to the kick skill.

The example is there just to show rounding for those who do understand what rounding down is.

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Artificial Penguin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Artificial Penguin »

Here's kind of a funky one:

According to the rules, the order of kickoff resolution is:

1. place the ball
2. roll kickoff result
3. scatter ball
4. resolve kickoff result
5. bounce ball 1 square

How do you handle the order if the kickoff resolution is Bad Kick? It's really more of a semantic question, since I think 3 and 4 would be combined...forget I said anything :wink:

I'm a bubble in a sound wave
A sonic push for energy
Exploding like the sun
A flash of clean light hope

For Blood Bowl in Seattle, check out the Game Wizard in Ballard (www.game-wizard.com).
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

If you were going to play it in sequence like that you could scatter the ball as normal (step 3) then roll an extra dice and move it further (step 4), in which case Wesley's version would make sense.

I think it is far easier to just roll 2d6 and halve the result for kick skill though.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Taffsadar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Taffsadar »

LRB pp 35 wrote:Because his kick is so accurate, the number of squares that the ball scatters on kick-off is halved, rounding any fractions down (ie, 1 = 0, 2-3 = 1, 4-5 = 2, 6 = 3).
[/quote]

I agree with Ian on this one.

And I really can't see how it can be read differently. You scatter the ball X numbers of squares and halves them. And the thing inside the () is just a clarification to show how it works.

Blood Bowl game - $60
Cost of a Human Team - $40
The look on your opponents face as his one-turn scorer gets taken down by a thrown rock from the fans – Priceless.