Which one???

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Snowbird
Rookie
Rookie

Which one???

Post by Snowbird »

We will start a league with 8 teams. Undead, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Humans, two Dwarf teams and Norsca. It will a be a long league with seven league games, then a bowl. After the bowl we start the same again with no clear end date. You have to play all seven opponents but you can freely choose in which order to play the teams before a bowl.

We play with LRB rules with two exeptions. First, we don´t use the aging system and you get SPP for fouling.

Now I need an advice wich team I should take.... I´m not sure between Dark Elves, High Elves and Amazons.

Or should I take a completely different race because of the expected violence? All three teams have no Big Guy or ST4 player.

Reason: ''
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Every one of those three choices is good. You have to think which of them suits your playing style the best.

I would probably use High elves myself - they are an excellent team although often not regarded as one.
Amazons, even with their weak statline, are a surprisingly lasting team thanks to Dodge. And do not fear the dwarf teams too much - they have tackle only on 5 players if they field all the positional players. You should be able to outspeed and maneuver them. Naturally they are the most fearsome of your opponents, but do not overestimate the importance of tackle.
Dark elves are a good choice too, although they haven't done so well in late tournaments.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Rogerg1979
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rogerg1979 »

You could be a real git and take Orcs, the norse, 'umies, and elves would hate you...

Plus, it's less people poncing round the pitch...

Gk.

Heeeyyyy sexy mamma.... Wanna kill all the humans? ;-)
Elfhater
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Elfhater »

I'd go for one of the Elf teams. The combination of speed and AG4 will help you in scoring.
After all, that's how you win, not by beating the living daylights out of the opposition! Although that IS a hell of a lot of fun...

Rogerg1979
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rogerg1979 »

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction ELFHATER!!!!!

Anyway, taking Orcs doesn't only mean beating the living daylights (or undead nightlights, delete as appropriate) out of the opposition... It just means less dodge rolls, and more armour rolls :P A good running game with the Orcs (Or some doped up Gobbos) is just as good, all my Elf teams have running games, If your going to throw something, make it a Gobbo!

Gk.

Heeeyyyy sexy mamma.... Wanna kill all the humans? ;-)
green giant
Rookie
Rookie

Post by green giant »

in your choices definitely high elves, I like passing games.

or I'd go lizardmen, hard-hitting and fast-running.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Of those three i would have taken one of the elf teams, probably High Elves only because noone else have it in your league.
Why i would not choose amazons is because you have 2 dwarf teams in your league.
You can off course be lucky and do it well against them but in my experience amazons usually gets many injuries even if they do manage to win.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer´s association
Corlus
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Corlus »

I agree with Asmodan. Amazons will get knocked around in that League. Of your choices, I would go with High Elves. They have a great passing game and can develop a running game with a little work. And of all the elves, they have the best armor and can take a bit of a pounding.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Corlus.png[/img][/url]
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Chaos Dwarves sound perfectly suited for this league. They match up well against the hard hitting teams above, and they have cheap hobgoblins you can quickly turn into a fouling unit to gain SPP's. The additional tackle on the LOS will let you crush the Amazons, and the Bull Centaurs are backfield blitzers for those passing teams.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]