New WE team and hurting........

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Jerhod
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jerhod »

Well done! :D

Definitely save the 90k for the 2nd Wardancer.

Reason: ''
Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

Jerhod wrote:Well done! :D

Definitely save the 90k for the 2nd Wardancer.
Absolutely, get the second WD as soon as possible! And I'd give him Side Step as first skill (ST, AG, MA or Jump Up would have priority though, MA over Jump Up on double 5).
Then get that darn tree. But never ever make the mistake to pay it as much attention as your opponent will. Try to use him last under normal circumstances. He's just there to absorb the damage otherwise dealt to your fragile Woodies!
:smoking:

Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

Poxous, good job!

Beating dwarfs with 9 guys is possible. But beating them 4:1 either requires bad coaching on his or masterful coaching on your side. I'll just assume the last. :) Respect!

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Must have been a bad coach...

I'd consider Pile On for the doubles on the NI'd WE...
Maybe not as necessary, but at least he won't be missed when out for his niggling so much, and since he's already got a nig anyway...
It might be fun, and it might give you some cas every now and then.
It is not the best tactical decision, I know, but it would be interesting!

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Jerhod
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jerhod »

Redfang wrote:It is not the best tactical decision, I know, but it would be interesting!
I completely agree. I will not comment as to whether or not I think that this is a good idea, but it would definitely be interesting. :wink:

Poxous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poxous »

Update:

2 games later. Game 1 vs CDs... I bought a thrower despite all advice. Why? Fluff. I figure it doesn't matter at this point right?. I took guard on my dbls line elf. I end up with a 2-2 tie. I roll of a 1 on the last turn means I tie... and another line elf dies.... unreal! I have had 9 cas agiant in 4 games and 5!!!!!!!! are dead... I made bank though and replaced the elf lineman.

Next game vs orcs. I avioded getting clobbered. This guy has his whole team centered around an AG4 gobbo and throw team mate. I only won 2-1 thanks to a 6 turn riot. Oh well at least nobody died!!! I also made lots of cash and can afford a treeman. I am taking him. I know a 2nd wardancer is great but someone to soak up hits on my line is worth a ton of gold to my team right now! I picked up strip ball on my WD and dodge on 2 line elves. I choose dodge over block becaue I face no more dwaves( ie. no tackle for a long time) and since I've been getting butchered I'd rather just run away!!! So I am #1 in my division and set to to be the top seed in the playoffs with a seriously crippled WE team!

Poxous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poxous »

I played an orc team vs a former winner of our BB trophy( he beat me :pissed: ). I won 2-1 a 6 turn riot keep my offnese down. I had a play killed( yes agian, so I have had 13 CAS agianst in 5 games and 5 have been deathes :cry: ). It was a herm lineelf w/o skills so no big deal. I made lots of money; 11FF and his 10 helped!!! I'm buying a Treeman. I could afford a Wardancer but I need someone on the line to keep people of my ladz! I have to face an undead team with 2!!!!!!! piling mummies w/ mighty blow...... Trouble. If I can live through this game I'm home free for the rest of the season. At least on paper I am!

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

That bad luck with the casualties seems almost unreal to me. Cudos to you for holding out with the team. I would have restarted like 3 times already.

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

If you play CD's, can I suggest you to pray? :wink: :wink:

If I may be a bit condescendant (is that English???), here's my advice to you: DODGE!!! Do not leave your guys around those Chaos Dwarves, they will tear you apart! If he has some Centaurs, foul them!! If he has a Mino (espicially if he doesn't have Block), crowd him; and munch on the Hobboes!!!

Now, if I see anybody giving those advices to any player of my league, I'll send my ST5 Bull Centaur against you! :lol:

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

Getting away from potential blocks sounds nice but if the Opponent has this nasty Kroxigor (I always start with him) then you always have a 3+ doge. Either you do it at the start (possible turnover) or you risk your Av7 player standing near a Kroxigor after a Turnover has occured.

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
Poxous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poxous »

Update:

The team survives! I did, however, loose a game to an undead from hell! He had several bloder ghouls and 2 mummies with pile on. Ouch... Lucky nobody got seriously hurt. Basicly I went for a tie and missed my catch roll, oh well. I was happy getting out of there alive. Since I faced a chaos team and beat them soundly. So now with 7 of 8 games done in this season I'm 4-1-2. Not great but atop my division and conferance. I added a treeman insteed of the WD. Why? I needed someone to take some hits. I really think he helped vs the undead and the chaos played was all focused on him so he's been worth the $. I added a second catcher to my team as well. My offense is #1 right now and I plan on turning it up during the playoffs!

Team after 7 weeks and 5 dead elves:
FF: 12
TR: 154ish off the top of my head. Apoth.
lineman
lineman - guard, niggling
lineman - kick
lineman - dodge
lineman - dodge
lineman - duantless
lineman
lineman - block
catcher - block, dodge, sprint
thrower - passs, safe throw
wardancer - block, dodge, strip ball, side step
catcher
treeman

I'm going to go for a 2nd WD in the playoffs depending on who I have to face. Vs some of these hitty teams I might just bring a wizard!

Poxous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poxous »

Played the final season game: 5-1 win for the elves vs a human team.

My new catcher grabed 3 TDs! I threw 8 comps with 7 players.
I got a doubles( 5's) on a line elf who had dodge( I'm thinking LEADER)
The new cather got block.

I have to play dwarves first. I beat that team 4-1 with only 8 elves so I should do well agian;)

Poxous
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Poxous »

Game 1 of the playoffs vs dwarves.... 4-1. I made lots of loot and got my second wardancer. Now the team is really coming alive. I have to face an Orc team built around throwing goblins. He has 2 gobbos( 1 is AG4) and my new WDers job is to kill them.

I also picked up tackle on my 1st WD( leap, dodge, block, strip ball, side step, tackle)

If I win I have to face the undead from hell agian( my only loss). Should be fun!

Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

If it's not too late, I'd consider the movement for that dodge lineman. With an MA of 8 he is a nice addition to your team. Take block next and you have a decent hitter and ball carrier.

I always find my linemen one point of movement short for a certain special play, I've developed. Perhaps you can think of a few "failsafe" moves, where that extra MA might come useful ... ?

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.