Goblin Coaches Ahoy!

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

well said!

Reason: ''
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

that is another question....we have 4 degree for a team about a lot of stuff, but here it is for FF:
TEAM: you create your team with a max of 5 FF
Max:10
Club: mnimum is having FF6
Max 15
Big Club: Minimum:10
Max 25
Legendary Club: no minimum, no max
there is lot of stuff you must have to get another degree, and each one give you the possibility to get more stuff.
That what we called MLong term rules with all this component.
and this is FF part.
we are testing it, not saying that is the best.
but we prefer realism of this, i cant imagine Mansfield Football Club (d3 england) having 50.000 spectators.
And we dont play big tournaments because of that.
We will may be do it when most of team would be well evolved. sounds realistic too. 16 Newbies team cant and musnt play THE BLOODBOWL or THE EPIC, or THE CHAOS CUP...
everybody see realism where he want to.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Marcus - Throw a Goblin every turn if you can help it. Don't worry about eating them. You won't suffer a turnover unless you have the ball and fail horrible, so this is a pretty good tactic, assuming a Goblin has the ball:

1. Troll throws Goblin downfield.
2. Goblin lands.
3. Goblin with the ball runs up for a Hand-off action.
4. Thrown Goblin catches the hand-off and runs for the score.

Other good options:

* Throw the Goblin near cages to "accidentally" break them up.
* Throw Goblins to get a "second Blitz" if he lands near a standing opponent.

One of the mailing list coaches used to use this second tactic. He had a Dauntless/JUp Goblin for this occasion. Granted, you can't get Dauntless, but it's still worthwhile.

Spend some doubles on Guard. Now that will be annoying!

Good luck.

-Chet

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Goblins downfield and goblins pegged at cages were pretty much on the cards for this team (hence the name "Putney Plummeters") I'm even modding up a couple of old 2nd ed goblins with their heads buried in the pitch.

Hadn't considered using them to get additional blitzes, nice idea. Also like the idea of trying to throw a guarding goblin into a cage or maul.

I'm also enamoured of the idea of passrushing with thrown goblins armed with diving tackle. I have a vivid mental image of a Dark Elf thrower dropping back for a long pass and hearing...

aaaaaiiiiiiiiiIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

as he suddenly notices a screaming goblin hurtling out of the sky towards him.

Training regime for my trolls will likely involve throwing goblins at mock-up elf throwers.

To paraphrase the Orc and Goblin army book "For a goblin it is better to end your days as a plummetting instrument of death than be hit over the head and eaten by your mates"

Marcus

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

cant he send the ball carrier with a Troll?
ok, this is maybe more difficult.

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

cant he send the ball carrier with a Troll?
ok, this is maybe more difficult.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question. If you mean to ask whether a Troll can throw the Goblin with the ball, the answer is yes - but if the Goblin falls over for any reason, it's a Turnover. If you mean to ask whether you can throw a Goblin directly at an opponent, the answer is no.

Hope this helps!

-Chet

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

Marcus : I think that the FF limit of 9is a good limit. You have got the choice, and the standard rules don't state a lower limit (yes 1). FF is not a relative scale cos the gate depends on it. So with 2 teams with FF 9, you roll 18 dice.
So the average gate is :o 63000 . impressive for a match between two new teams. Don't you think so ?

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Trami: with your league rules, maximum average dice should be 5x2=10 so 35OOO with your calcul mode... So a +2 to winnings table...But there are no sponsor here... contrary to your league rules...

Who said beardie ?

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Trambi: You have to ask yourself a question. Given that even with a fan factor of 1 for both teams a beginning team will still have between 2 and 12 thousand there.

Now, you can either rack your brains trying to rationalise how this can possibly happen, figure out ways to limit it, draw up new tables based on how many games a team has played and try to make it all fit.

Or

You can come to the realisation that you are talking about toy soldiers - wait, no, not even that- you're talking about fantasy creatures playing american football, call "fan factor" a game mechanic that works well in a relative sense and just play the game.

Now, if the first option floats your boat go to it. But I know which route I'll pick.

Marcus

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Ogres still cost double for Halfling and Goblin teams, as per the Blood Bowl Handbook

Can someone point me in the direction of this rule? DZ mentions goblins pay double for non-goblin/troll Star Players but I cant' find where this applies to allies.

Marcus

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

DFC: can you explain more clearly your 5*2=10....
i dont really understood.
dont forget that in our league, team without stadium or stadiumzagob... can only have 20.000 spectators.
not
our Sponsors rules has been changed (more difficult to get) and only 2 team got a sponsor that they can loose. Benefits are not that much (+15000/Won for one of them and dont remenber for the second )

About FF evolution:
forgot this rules we made between 2 tournaments.
At the end of the game for FF evolution
+1 if you won
-1 if you loose
+1 2TDs scored
+1 2CAs done

and:
-1 if you didnt done any CAS
-1 if you didnt scored any TD.

natural 1 and 6 dont care of the bonus/Malus.

c ya

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Longshot: you talk before about one of your rules league that allows a team to be created with 5 FF max... so the max public roll dice during one of your first league matches is 5x2=10, with an average dice calculated by Trambi to be 3.5, so 35k people... And the difference between your League Rules and 2K1 Official Rules is compensated by the possibility of having a sponsor... It's pretty good you've removed your old sponsor league, due to the fact of easyness to have one.

But as Marcus said, it's only a game... When Trambi talks about realism, I think about CM3 01-02... this game is knwon to be one of the most realistic management game... And you can win a champion's league with a French club, or with a Conference english club (I'vez done it ! Go Forest Green Rovers !!!)...

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Ogres still cost double for Halfling and Goblin teams, as per the Blood Bowl Handbook

Can someone point me in the direction of this rule? DZ mentions goblins pay double for non-goblin/troll Star Players but I cant' find where this applies to allies.

Of course it doesn't mention allies, silly - there were no allies in those days! :)

Read the rules in the spirit in which they're intended, and the gist becomes obvious - it costs double to hire such a player "unless he is a Treeman" or "unless they are [sic] a Troll."

Oh, and this is the answer Jervis and Andy gave prior to Resurrection :)

So no, the rule doesn't mention "allies." And it does mention "Star Players." And you're talking about your Big Guys "allies," not your "Big Guy stars."

And doesn't that sound like a rules lawyer's response? ;)

-Chet

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

DFC : Like in many others subjects, I like to rationalize. An acurate system of playing make possible (but highly unprobable) things, that in reality are very unprobable. A system is good if it make possible, common things. A system is better if it make possible commom things and unusual thing.

This is the same as a good program, it can do that we use to demand from this kind of program. But the top program can do the we use to demand and more.

As a conclusion, of course the 2k1 system is good but it can (must) be better.

:o I feel like a quantic physic teacher

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Read the rules in the spirit in which they're intended, and the gist becomes obvious

I see the rationale there and I salute it as a good rule. I take exception to the rules lawyer call, however, as I don't think the intent is in any way clear. Given that the rule is not mentioned anywhere in the update on allies it's a logical leap to include allies in the double-cost rule but not necessarily the only correct answer. In the absence of a specific ruling I would conclude that while a Star Player would certainly demand double fee for playing in a lowly goblin team a rookie would not have so large an ego to bruise or so great a reputation to tarnish.

I would recommend that ruling is updated in the body of the allies text or at least in the FAQ as, while it's a logical rule I don't think you can rightly claim it's "obvious".

Marcus[/i]