Skaven V The Undead

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

BaSe
Experienced
Experienced

Skaven V The Undead

Post by BaSe »

I'm a newer player and I am going to be up against an Undead player this week. I was wondering what tactics to use to win.

The main ones I need advice on is defence, in offence I know my speed will do the trick, but how the hell am I meant to defeat those mummies?

Help please :)

Reason: ''
http://www.beardedsnot.cjb.net/

The Bearded Snot website
BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Skaven V The Undead

Post by BadMrMojo »

BaSe wrote:The main ones I need advice on is defence, in offence I know my speed will do the trick, but how the hell am I meant to defeat those mummies?
The simple answer to the mummy quandry is: Don't.

With 3 MA, you can get away from them easily enough. even with ag 3 linerats. Just remember to put losers on the line. Your nice block, tackle, claw Stormvermin is just about as likely to get greased on the front line as the 50k schmuck with a niggle.

Try to get some rats in his backfield immediately after the kickoff. You need to try to make him screw up before he cages up and be in a position to capitalize on any mistakes. If these are rookie teams, his best ballhandlers are ag 3 with no skills, so there's a decent chance you can snag a dropped ball a few spaces from a score. Be ballsy. Go crazy. Pin those ag 1-2 guys with expendable linerats, if need be and try to target his ghouls (or wights, if he has none) with a couple of rats - they're his weakest link.

Good luck and enjoy. A good hair-raising scuffle is always fun.

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

leave the mummies.
HUNT the ghouls. Undead really get slowed down without them and they dont regen ;)

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

Zy-Nox wrote:leave the mummies.
HUNT the ghouls. Undead really get slowed down without them and they dont regen ;)
Well, yeah. If you wanna go make all that simple and put it on a line or two...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Should a mummy fail a block and go down, foul the bejezus ouy of it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

My only advice is

try and make the most out of the one turn in the whole game where you will actually have possession of the ball. :wink:

Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

I guess most of the essentials have been said here already but there are some points you should remember as well.

Avoid contact - You should limit his blocking to not much more than the one blitz per turn or you will find yourself in trouble. But, on the other hand, you should try to take out some of his faster players (esp. ghouls) and, if opportunity presents itself, foul even his mummies (DP).

Get to the ball before he has time to form the Gage. Flood his backfield after kick-off so that he can't move around as easily. Kick skill will help here.

Play the clock - Pace yourself if you are ahead as your front line will take a pounding at every kick-off.

If he gets his gage going, stand back and contain it while looking for an opening or just more or less let him score so that you get the ball. Also, sometimes you could give him an opening involving a lot of lateral movement and requiring him to leave his mummies behind.

All in all I would say that in league play survival is more important than actually winning especially if his team is a lot more experienced, but if you are both rookies then by playing smartly and sparingly you should be OK.

Ziggi