Guard + (Stand Firm or Sidestep)?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Cthulhu
Rookie
Rookie

Guard + (Stand Firm or Sidestep)?

Post by Cthulhu »

This is a preemptive question, but odds are I will be faced with this question.
I have a lizard team. Four or my saurus have Guard (and no other skill). Now, if I get a double on a skill roll for one of them, should I go for sidestep or stand firm? So he can keep in the way and continue giving assists when he is pushed.

I find this tactic of guard instead of block very good. Opponents often find it difficult to even achieve a 1dice block, and a skink between 2 saurus with guard can block with 2 dice.
And 2dice without block is better than 1 dice with block.
I like my lizard team!

Reason: ''
Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

Stand Firm all the way.
It serves a double purpose. If your big old lizard ever needs to dodge he won't fall down. Also since he will most likely be on the line he will need to hold ground rather than dance around.

Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

I am not going to really add anything new, I just want to agree with Dark Lord to add some wieght to that. That is what I would do, and the reason for it.

Asperon Thorn

Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.
BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

I'll tenatively throw in another vote for stand firm. I actually like sidestep better (especially with guard), but with Sauri being such naturals for Break Tackle, the safe dodge is great.

lionwarrior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lionwarrior »

I use doubles on saurii for dodge... but then again, i always take block before guard... if you're lucky enough to roll a double, that str4 + blodge makes a nasty saurus!

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

In general SF and SS are fairly even in terms of push backs (SS is marginally better).

However Stand Firm because when you get Break Tackle its a lot more useful.

Also SF really pays off on Guards because when you've got 3 SF Guard S4 boys on the LOS it really hurts just about any team.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

lionwarrior wrote:I use doubles on saurii for dodge... but then again, i always take block before guard... if you're lucky enough to roll a double, that str4 + blodge makes a nasty saurus!
Then have a look at my Dinosaur Dorkheads... I managed to get my Krox blodge, and one of the AG2 sauruses have blodge & guard! :D They're great fun to play.

Micke

[color=#444444][size=75] FUMBBL ::[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2315]TBB Group[/url][/size][/color]