The best official team?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

what you say is strange Trambi, u know i play HE, Skav and Gobbo...

For myself, this is those teams that i prefer.
Orc is fine but not fun enough to me even if i won.

Reason: ''
Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

HE team cheap AG4 Thrower, very good catcher lion warrior. But i dislike HE ... :x
Skaven Fast runners ...

Gobbos : I have play an gobbo team before you Longshot, and it's fun to play with.
Ogre team :evil:

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Stefan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Stefan »

To my mind there is no best or worst team.
It always depends on the coach's way of managing his team and dealing with his opponends.
A coach who prefers a running game should choose dwarves, a coach who likes long bombs and nimble receivers should try high elves or wood elves. Coaches who only play for fun and aren't keen on winning could try goblins or even halflings.
:smoking:

Pain is the most effective Blood Bowl coach !
DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

aaaaaaah Halflings :)
they are easily one of my favourite fun teams. Never likely to win the league but I almost always play them against a rookie opponent who is still learning the game. That way i can play as hard as I like and I am unlikely to hurt his team and scoring is still a challenge.

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Stefan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Stefan »

Halflings are nice, really ! :D
I like these tiny bastards but my girlfriend even loves them.

Last week we contracted in a league at our local GW-Store. She intends to start with halflings...
Because they are so nice...

Women.... :-?

Perhaps she has a chance to beat an unexperienced player who undervalues the team. Halflings are not hard but it could be a nice surprise when the treeman starts throwing these tiny guys. Always good for a touchdown or two.

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

Well she HAS to play with a Treeman, or else she will have no chance at all. I guess you should be glad that she plays BB at all, I can't get my girlfriend even remotely interested in it :(
IMO Halflings are easily the weakest team in BB (of the official teams). The Gobbos at least have a whole bunch of star players with secret weapons and 2 Trolls. Other than the Treemen the Halflings get nothing... :cry: AND their stats are worse than a gobbos, hell, for a measly 10 000 points more the Gobbos get +1 mv and +1 av.... life is not fair if your a Halfling! :cry:

Jonathan Merry
Stefan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Stefan »

Yes, there you are right. :D
Once a fellow of mine said I should be really really lucky to have a girlfriend playing BB and RPGs. It's more unlikely to find such a girlfriend than to win a lottery. :wink:

All joking aside !
Halflings are weak and their only chance is to dogde and run or to surprise the opponent by being thrown.

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

it is also fun to hire a master chef and steal all your opponents rerolls :) Some coaches suddenly get all conservative and scared to try anything different when they have no rerolls. hehe

Jonathan Merry
Stefan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Stefan »

Ok, that was a nice advantage in the 3rd edition.
Unfortunately you've been able to hire wizards / chefs only as freebooters for 50k GPs since the 4th edition rules.
Therefore it hasn't much sense for halflings to hire the chef any longer because they should need their money for improving their team or buying new players for killed ones (quite a lot for halflings).

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

yeah, which means the halflings need something new to boost the team a bit. I think that they should be able to BUY a chef (as opposed to hiring one every game) as this is part of the team's character. Where there are Halflings there is food, and where there is food there is a chef, so there should always be a chef on a halfling team..... maybe they should get a chef for free.......???

Jonathan Merry
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well in the RABBL PBEM league, we are using the old 3E rules - ie pay 150k for for a Chef. I believe this is necessary for team development - without this, 50k per game will mean that there is no cash for new players - and the flings do need to buy new players.

If there are no other changes to the rules in October, I hope that this again makes it into the rules - Wizards can stay as freebooters. However, if a fling team didn't have a Chef, how many players would turn up for the game?.... perhaps they should all have OFAB if they don't have a Chef.... just kidding! :lol:

Dave

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

lol
actually I like that rule! If you don't buy a chef all your players suffer Off For a Bite......hehehe. After all in the 2ed background for Halfling teams it says the only reason Halflings turn up for BB games is for the grub, and have even been known to give the ball to the opponent so they can run-off for the post TF feast. :lol:

Jonathan Merry
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

I'm of the opinion that there is no "best team". I find them all (flings and gobbos excepted, but still.. I have a gobbo team just because the models are truly cool) very balanced. Ofcourse, there are teams which are harder to learn how to play successfully (dwarves for example). Among what I find the "easy" teams you find orcs and humans, ie allround teams who can both fight and play.

Personally, I find Blood Bowl to be the most balanced of the GW line of games and also the most fun.

-- Christer

jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

I don't know. My experience is that the coach is the major factor in the quality of the team. If the coach has the ability to take advantage of his team's strengths and protect his team's weaknesses. He can do pretty good with any team. (Except halflings and goblins, that is. They're only good for a lunch for my Minotaur).

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

The fact that the coach is so important in the effectiveness of a team is the sign of a good set of game rules IMO.

Jonathan Merry