Starting FF poll.

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

What is your preferred starting FF on a rookie team?

The max 9 no matter what.
9%
Prepared to drop slightly, but no lower than 6.
56%
Prepared to start 4-5 and spend the extra elsewhere.
23%
go even lower in favour of a strong starting line-up.
12%

Total votes: 43

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Acerak wrote:A couple of notes:

2. John's Orcs had a FF of 1.
Yeah, I also got to have a Thrower, 4 Blitzers and 4 Black Orcs for the trade off of having a 1 FF. I didn't lose any Kick-off rolls that I remember so... go figure.

My suggestion to Andy was to seed the first "random" round by pairing up players with the same FF. That way if you had min-maxed your team to a low FF, you would be facing other min-maxed teams.

John -

Reason: ''
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

high for what a starting team or a 250 TR team ?

That's kinda my point. I've heard two voices, I think, support the idea that starting teams "should" start low, to represent the fact that they're new teams without a lot of support.

IMO, that's not a very sound argument. The game sets an upper limit on the newbie's FF: 9. And FF tends to go up as the team improves. So 9 doesn't strike me as "high" for a starting team when compared to decent teams in the mid-teens and true powerhouses in the low- to mid-20s.

It's all a matter of perspective, I think. If no team could ever rise above a 9 FF, I'd agree: rookie teams should start lower. But I bet the rules would have stipulated that anyway.

Cheers!

-Chet

Tiberius
Rookie
Rookie

Undead

Post by Tiberius »

I usually start Undead teams.

I like Undead teams and as all the players in the league keep telling me my team never dies. My linemen cost 30k and therefore later in the game I have nothing to buy except Re-rolls and cherleaders etc. I can't buy FF later on so I like to as close to max out at the start as possible. My latest Undies team has played about 12-14 games only and hasn't lost a player yet but I do have

7 RR
14 FF
11 AC
9 CL

Although due to an abysmal performance by one of my Mummies he is getting retired and rebought for the next season in whcih I utilise this team. Honestly all those games and only 3 casualties what IS the world coming to?

But often loads of spare cash for.... Smeg all really. If anyone does die their not going to be hard to replace cash wise so wtf.

Big C :lol:

Then I ate some rotten berries, man did I have some bad gasses eeking outta my butt that day
Stav
Rookie
Rookie

w00d135

Post by Stav »

well... for woodies u need a high ff full stop...
it does mean u will prolly lose your first few games, but a team lasts more than just the first game.

consider that my woodies and their av7 don't live long anyway, add a few pitch invasions, throw a rocks etc, and u will end up playing with 3 players

and obviously u can't buy any later in game

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i usually start with low FF (1.2 or 3). And i ll not change my point of strategie.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I voted for the 4-5 option. I believe that high starting FF is less useful under 2K1 than previously. The increased band sizes mean each point of FF makes less difference so 41k gate on average requires 12FF, 61k gate 18FF. So spend the money on an extra RR or better players.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I think it is mainly a team thing really. I picked the 4-5 starting mainly cus i normally dont have the extra for any more than that.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.