Incoming match: Chaos Dwarves against Orcs... Advice welcome

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Incoming match: Chaos Dwarves against Orcs... Advice welcome

Post by Sushé Wakka »

Well, I've just became coach of a Chaos Dwarves team, after the former trainer quit it. Now I'm facing my first match as the new head coach with some problems...
Here are the rosters:
ORCS: http://comunidadumbria.com/labb/hojaEqu ... equipo=873
(position translations: Lanzador-Thrower; Orco Negro-Black Orc Blocker; Linea-Lineorc)
CHAOS DWARVES: http://comunidadumbria.com/labb/hojaEqu ... equipo=928
(Position translations: Centauro Toro-Bull Centaur, Enano del Caos- Chaos Dwarf Blocker)
I took the leadership of the team in a bad moment, as the Star Bull Centaur died in the last match, and two of the Chaos Dwarves (including the Guard Dwarf) are losing this match... I don't like the skills he picked up on the Hobos (I'd pick sure hands and kick), nor the low FF (it's gonna take me ages to buy another Bull Centaur)
So, given the situation, what's your advice for the incoming match?

Reason: ''
Sushé, the elfhater
JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

What's 'LP'?? Did you rather mean 'DP' (i.e. dirty player...)?

I would capitalize on your the widespread availability of block among your dwarves and one hobgoblin to get, or at least mark 3/4 BoB in your opponent's team.

Offensive game:

Obviously, you can mess up your opponent's tactic of movement with his blitzers thanks to tackle. Force him to burn up all his reroll while trying to dodge away to reach your bull centaur. The latter, with his speed, should be the one in charge of the running game.

Defense:

I'd spread the CDs evenly in my half of the pitch to prevent the blitzers from going through too easily (by negating their dodge skill), and obviously keep the bull centaur at the back to blitz anyone who will have managed to pierce your lines. I know that means not putting CDs on the line of scrimmage, but hobgobbos. That's a risk of losing more players, but with the little number of CDs you have, I guess the issue is about whether you should win but get casualties...

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Like he said and hope for lots of good luck.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Definatley the luck :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

JJB wrote:What's 'LP'?? Did you rather mean 'DP' (i.e. dirty player...)?
Sorry, forgot to tell... 'LP' stands as "lesión permanente", which is the translation of Niggling Injury.

Sushé, the elfhater
Rufio of Montrose
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rufio of Montrose »

May I add luck?
I have just won my first match (3-2) with Chaos (3 CW, 7 B & 1 Mino)- 1 CW AG4 Block & 1 BAg4- against Woodies ( 6 lineman with block + 2 Wardancers with stripball, 12 players). Apart of my superb coachmanship 8) lady luck was me, so have heart and avoid going head to head.
Rufio of Montrose