Helps with Wood ELves!

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

lyannou
Experienced
Experienced

Helps with Wood ELves!

Post by lyannou »

Hello,

I would like to play wood elves for my next french bloodbowl league.

I tried a lot of team setup with your help and did 5/6 matchs with a new team each time with PBeM.
I won or tied matchs and made a lot of TD ( more that i never did!) but at the end of each matchs i had one dead player or more (6 vs Khemri!). So for the next match i will have 10 player in the best case...

I dodged as everytime as possible, and usually other player had only one blitz...

Do you have any idea or advice? In my team setup do i have to include an apo???

Reason: ''
Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

I won't give any advices until the end of our match ! :evil:
PS : I am a beginner elf team coach :(

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
lyannou
Experienced
Experienced

Post by lyannou »

OK... but our match is the only one, for the moment, where i just have a KO player!

Stav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stav »

hmmz
use linemen to try to get enemy players off teh pitch (go for two dice blocks where u can) especially if enemy has 7-8 armor too (tis easy for you to dodge someone and get him to a good place for assist as u have 7 movement

if u keep on dodging, he won't lose players and u will which will end up in bad losses

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Wood Elves

Post by NightDragon »

My brother uses W.Elves quite successfully. I think basically you have a very fast team which can score at any time. Your main concern is getting the ball off the opposition as your team is quite brittle and can be horrendously mauled. I would say your kick off is very important. Put the opposition on the back foot by kicking deep and using your pace to get in quick before he can protect the ball carrier. Make your blitzers very aggressive. In my experience W. Elves are either brilliant or awful. My brother had a team called the Silver Shadows and they really were the silver dream machine.

Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

Thats right 8)
My Wood elves are very successful,(easy starting games,nobody died till 9th match)
*Get your Dancers strip ball as a first skill,it is very useful for getting the ball out of a ruck, combined with their other skills
*Any Double skill rolls go for Leader then Gaurd(it helps if you need to fight)
*Take a Tree. They may be slow but in my last match it turned Zug and an Ogre with block into its wipping boys.(very funny indead)
*Block or dodge as starting skills for Line Elfs(personaly I went for block as I like to Fight not run)

Tactics.
On defence Let 'em score :cry: Its not heroic but it should only take you two turns to score back(thats until your team is built up)and you should be able to win by out scoring your oppo.More importantly your players shouldnt be getting beaten up by being forced into a ruck.
On offence. Its up to you,Your fast,agile,score in two turns with ease,Flood the wide zones with your ball carrier and body gaurds,or make a switch play
If all else fails give the ball to a Dancer and Leap clear of your troubles. 8) :lol:

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Another advance idea, have one guy take kick asap, having some control over the starting landing spot of the ball can be very powerful.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
lyannou
Experienced
Experienced

Post by lyannou »

I Thank you all for your comments but the problem is that afer each match i have two or more player Si or NI so i haven't got a lot of player for the next match.

I tried a lot of team setup:
1 wardancer + 10 linemen
1 wardancer + 1catcher + 9 linemen
1 wardancer + 2 catchers + 8 linemen
without apo or with apo... it's the same thing each match!

I also apply the "let's them score" tactics to avoid hit and it works well...

I'am a rookie bb player but i don't think that i do big mistakes during match and result are always tie or win so...

I don't know what to do and i lose hope to play woodelves in a league... please help me :cry:

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Sounds like your biggest problem is luck, and there is nothing we can do to help u. Personally if i were to play wood elves (ack ptooie) i would have 1 wardancer, 1 catcher, 9 lineman, an apoth and whatever else.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Larry The Zombie
Rookie
Rookie

wood elf tactics

Post by Larry The Zombie »

In my book in the long run lose pansy elves have to be the best goal scoring machine in bb. Ive coached a very successful elf team last season and now know that with care and attention u wood elves (or any of the elves for that matter) are very easy to work with.

Now i can assure you, you have to be extremly careful with starting these lightly armoured popinty eared fellows. Here are a few tips,

*Choose your opponents very wisely for your first few games. These first few can tell you if they will rise or fall.
*Dont make any unneccasary blocks if you have to.
*Always try to dodge all your players and of opp's tackle zones, especailly if there hard hitters. With an agilty of 4 or higher if ur lucky this should be no problem, but watch out for nasty mutations like tentacles. Remember your a wood elf team. Play like elves would, darting in and out from there opponents and striking in a lethal way.
*You can garauntee your exceptional on offence but you probably struggle on defence. I agree with alot of the other tips that uve been given in that you should back off alot but if you can try and hit with a few lineman. Never be scared to try bold actions with these above average warriors.
*Usually a treemen with most unexperianced coaches scares them so they should bring alot of blocks in.

hope this has help.

Larry says 'The best way to stop those pansy elves is to kick 'em in the knackers.' :)
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

*Dont make any unneccasary blocks if you have to.
a good reason to use a few rolls for dauntless, 2 dauntless on a woodelf team goes a long way.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329