HE maiden warrior, how do I make her even more annoing?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Rupert
Experienced
Experienced

HE maiden warrior, how do I make her even more annoing?

Post by Rupert »

I have just purchaced a maiden warrior on my HE-team and was wondering if some of you have ideas/suggestions about the development and use of this little she elf (for those who dont know she is: 9247, dodge, leap, side step - 110k). I think I may have purchased her too early since my team is still unexperienced (TR 130), but I simply could'nt resist the oppotunity when I got a special offer.

I am a rookie coach and have not had too much luck with the team yet but I think that the speed the maiden warrior ads to the team may give me some new tactical oppotunities.

I would appretiate advice from anyone with expirience form playing with or against a HE team with a MW. Which skills could I give her to make her even more annoying? Catch would be one obvious oppotunity, block for protection, maybe NOS of Jump UP on a double? Sprint/Sure feet would be another path. Or maybe pro since she will be doing a diversity of things and I cannot cover all with skills (catch, pass, leap, GFI, pick up the ball, etc). I am playing in the mbbl2, and skill will come slow with the rules here (aging, and lot of spp for gaining skills) so I do not want to plan three or four skill ahead.

Reason: ''
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hello there,

if I don't make a mistake, you play under Compenium 3rd edition rules... Maiden Warrior isn't official, and since HE teams are allowed to have 4 lions warriors, I don't think you would see it in an official or near official source (as a compendium).

I just can say I played 2 times with a maiden warrior, and it was a great addition to HE roster... I would say Sprint, or Pro.

SixFootDwarf
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SixFootDwarf »

Use one of those 40k Dark Eldar Wytch models where the chick is wearing next to nothing...then paint her like a Playmate. Then sit back and watch you opponent stress over whether he should try to kill the eye-candy or not. :lol:

Having a well-endowed, half-naked female running around hitting my players is about as annoying a thought as I (!!) can think of.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i played 2 /3 games with a maidden but i think that they shouldnt exist, HE are already strong enough without it. (4 Lions!!!)
It was already strong with 2 lions so...

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Elves don't do very well in the MBBL2 so far ... okay, but not great. The Maiden Warrior is there to help the low end of the 4 elf races in my league.

Galak

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Maybe you should consider shadowing as the next skill?

With leap, dodge & sidestep already you should have little problem getting next to a ball carrier and be able to hang around should they try to block you away. With MA9 a lot of opponents will have no chance at all of escaping your clutches.

The downside is it makes her even more of a target and leaves her in a position to be blocked.

Otherwise you might consider dauntless and have a War Dancer clone, or just plain old Block to keep her on her feet a bit long and for those 1/2 die blocks.

Ian

Rupert
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rupert »

I had not been concidering making her a defensive player, but this is a good possibility. I think, however, that I will make her more of an offensive player, partly to score, partly to make room for my linemen and blitzer to score. Hence, I am mostly thinking about protective skills to keep her alive when I run her up field, and skills that makes her a greater scoring threat. In the MBBL2 there are some interesting new skills/traits, and I may want to try the "Jam" trait if I get the possibility. The rules are:

"PBeM rule change: ANYTIME an opposing player moves into the Jam player's tackle zone from outside it and then try to perform another action (such as Dodge to move, pickup the ball, throw a pass or handoff, foul, or Blitz), the opposing coach rolls a D6 and to succeed the result must be equal to or higher than (3 + Jam player's AG - the higher of the opposing player's ST or AG). On a successful result, the opposing player continues his action as normal. On a failed result, the opposing player stops in his tracks and his action ends. Jam may be used multiple times but during an opposing player's turn but only once per an opposing team member. A Turnover is never caused from the use of Jam. Jam rolls of 1+ or less needed are automatically successful with rolling the D6. The ST of the opponent for the Jam roll should not include ST modifiers such as Stiff Arm, Horns, or Dauntless."

Since I expect that she will most often be able to run out of blitzing range from the strong guys (st 4 or 5), most of the time only the opponent blitzers will be able to hit her, and most of these are st 3 (the elves will be able to use their ag 4) and I will have good chances to avoid getting hit.

About the MW being on the high elf Cockerel in the mbbl2. I think this is because most other races have some additional players on the mbbl2 - some additions make the teams hit harder, some make them run faster, some just makes them more fun, etc.