Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

Post by neverworking »

In general things seem much better. I've experienced far less lag and everything runs smoother. You now have 5 minutes to reconnect a dropped connection, and that actually worked one time (that was the only time I had a disconnect with a friend, so the only time I know a reconnection was attempted). League manager tools are a lot better now too. The league manager can now either validate a match, reset a match or award a draw or concession win. In the event of an administrated result, mvps and winnings are awarded, and mngs clear up. If the administered result is a win, one side will get two random tds as well as double winnings. There appears to be no options about how these administered side effects work.

As for bugs I believe most have been fixed and a few are to be fixed quite soon. I haven't played vampires but I've heard a complaint about the way blood lust is handled, but am told it does work properly. Tentacles does have some bug, my snotlings ran past a beast without issue yesterday. I'm not sure the problem though as I've normally seen it working.

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

downloading now

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

My biggest problem with the old version was that a drive had to end before I could save the game in single player mode and then had to navigate back through all the menus to shut down my PC. Has that stupidity stopped yet?

Nuffle Sucks!
Insane_Prophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Insane_Prophet »

Duke Jan wrote:My biggest problem with the old version was that a drive had to end before I could save the game in single player mode and then had to navigate back through all the menus to shut down my PC. Has that stupidity stopped yet?
No, as far as I'm aware you still cannot save a game mid-drive.

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

downloaded and installed, just waiting for the bloody serial number to launch it!!! :| :|

Insane_Prophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Insane_Prophet »

txapo wrote:downloaded and installed, just waiting for the bloody serial number to launch it!!! :| :|
The two keys you need should have been given to you in the download area, though it's not as clear as it could be. Copy Pasting seems to cause problems, so it's best to write them down.

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

no they said me i had to wait until tomorrow at 0:00 for gettin them!!!
---------------------------------------
edit now i gopt a mail for them and has got the serial and activation.....

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

played a first game. Norse versus Nurgle. They gave away 320k in inducements which was a shocker for game 1. I ended up taking a lineman with kick and an Ulf Merc with Block (I started with the Troll and both runners/berserkers).

His Beast had Block. Sure hands would have been a better choice than kick as I had immense problems picking up and moving the ball.

I controlled the rest of the game and managed to win 1-0 and it was 2-2 on casualties.

That much Disturbing presence was not fun against. Beast, 4 Warriors and 2 pestigors had it. he basically hived off the middle of the pitch from me... I love that tactic.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Insane_Prophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Insane_Prophet »

I'm not sure the A.I is much better, but the fact you play against high T.V teams that have actually made reasonable skill choices makes a huge difference. I wouldn't say it makes the game difficult, but it's not the cakewalk it was either.

It's nice to be getting inducements yourself, rather than giving them away all the time. For some strange reason though it never seems to take a Babe when it has 50K, it just doesn't take anything.

dsavillian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dsavillian »

One positive thing I noticed from my first single player game last night is that the game seems to play much faster. Seems the AI is faster at deciding what to do and every action seems to take less time to resolve.

Coach of the Fancy Lads
Blood Bowl League of Calgary
http://twitter.com/bloodbowlcgy
@dsavillian on twitter

It's called Blood Bowl, not Fun Bowl
deanup
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deanup »

dsavillian wrote:One positive thing I noticed from my first single player game last night is that the game seems to play much faster. Seems the AI is faster at deciding what to do and every action seems to take less time to resolve.
I'm not too techie, but if you hit the + button during the AI turn you'll find the pauses and delays must be there for presentation purposes as the whole thing speeds up big time, there are about 3 speeds but turn commentary off and remember to hit - on your turn.

Means you can knock out 3 AI games an hour.

WildAnimal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by WildAnimal »

It's worth pushing the [-] button if playing vs Pro Elfs.

Then find there cheerleaders and zoom....OMG nice :-)

-Brian Bergh
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

i love that the matches take a much shorter time to load!!!

deanup
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deanup »

WildAnimal wrote:It's worth pushing the [-] button if playing vs Pro Elfs.

Then find there cheerleaders and zoom....OMG nice :-)
They are just wrong for all the right reasons :o

Da Shin Kikas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Da Shin Kikas »

Absolutely loving the game. Mine and several of my friends' wives have become Blood Bowl Widows.
My handle is Da Gaffa. Say hello if any TFFers run into me.