MBBL Round 4.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Well, my High Elf Heirs of Aenarion drop to a 2-2 record.
1-1 at the half and predictably I couldn't stop the Undead drive for the 2-1 lead. Playing with 7 or 8 against a full 11 is tough on defence!
Probably the key moment from my point of view was 2 rolls at a 4+ Long Bomb with my AG5 Pheonix Warrior to level it at 2-2. Yep, a fumble, resulting in Undead possession and the drive for a final score of 3-1.
So 4 games played, still only 10 players on the roster, no money in the kitty and a TR of 112. Struggling. :(

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Deathwing - Let's talk! Here's my check list after four games:

* Game 1: Play this game without an Apothecary. A Linewoman dies. She takes the MVP with her. I buy an Apothecary after the game.
* Game 2: One of my Blitzers throws a double-skulls block on a High Elf. I have a re-roll - no problem! Well, it's another double-skulls block. And this is quickly followed by an AV break, a serious injury, AV-1, and the obligatory Apothecary failure.
* Game 3: The Apothecary heals my ST4 Catcher, who would have been out for Game 4 otherwise. I took no other injuries.
* Game 4: The AV-1 Blitzer comes back and takes another AV-1. I decide not to use the Apothecary. I try to use the Apothecary on a Linewoman who is out for one week. Naturally, the Apothecary fails, leaving me unable to stop the tying TD. And I take a ST-1 injury on a B/D Linewoman. Meanwhile, I have tried 13 times to break AV following a knockdown on a Dwarf. I have not succeeded once. At all. My TR could very well be in the one-oh-something range after this game, which means that I might be undefeated and sitting somewhere in the middle of the standings.

So, uhh...let's talk, eh? :)

-Chet

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Well...I've also picked up a -1 AV on a Dragon Warrior, and a -1ST on a Linelf to go along with my 3 deaths. I think the first drive of the season was the only time I've had 11 players on the field!
And as for both having low TR, at least I'm not partly responsible for the handicap table! :)
Right, I'm gonna go check your post round 3 roster... :P

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

That ST4 catcher's a bit handy! :o
So any more updates? Have Pariah's Orc boyz taken any more casualties? Have Braaaiiiiiins caused any? Spill the beans guys..

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Irony of Nuffle...

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Well I decided not to use the apothecary on the gobbo that was hurt early on but ofcourse we are on turn 8 now and I have suffered no other casualties.

Side note...I think it's funny that alot of people claimed that holding the TD was beardy but I now am losing my second game to this tactic!
Hypocrites!

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Morgantown's Madness vs The Damned Generation

Post by martynq »

Well, both the dwarves of Morgantown's Madness and the dark elves of the Damned Generation seem relectant to break their winning blank.

The elves successfully held out under the pressure of the dwarves to take the match into overtime. The score was 1-1 at fulltime with the elves now receiving in the final drive of the match.

Martyn

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Morgantown's Madness vs The Damned Generation

Post by martynq »

Damned by name, damned by nature. Unless Jim does something utterly crazy (all he has to do is move a runner three squares), we can assume that our match has finished in another loss for the Damned Generation. :cry:

Not much more I can really say.

Martyn

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Actually Martyn there is one more thing that could be said ....

It means you are playing me and my Halfling Team of DEATH in Round 5 .... muh ha ha ha !!!!!!!!

Galak

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

And presumably after I manage to lose to your halflings (which probably won't be difficult given my previous performances), I'll get kicked out of the MBBL for being too useless given how many people desperate to get into the few PBEM leagues there are?

Martyn

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I don't think my game could be going any worse.

I killed my own Ghoul with Sure Hands on a dodge.

*sigh*

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I failed to break AV on 19 straight attempts, I believe, until I finally stunned a Troll Slayer on my 6th attempt against AV8. Oh, and I blew 5 out of 19 2+ rolls, including my Apothecary. AV-1 (now AV-2) Blitzer, ST-1 Linewoman, another SI (the failed roll), and despite all this, it took until Turn 4 of OT for me to finally lose the game...which I probably would have won had not my Thrower coughed up the ball on a 3+ dodge with a re-roll.

Oy.

-Chet

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Not MBBL but in my RABBL game against dave. first turn i get to reset my defence, so set up a line of humans many with block on los to prevent him getting multiple blocks and block die with his Chaos dwarves. After he rolled a double skull and re-rolled, he then proceeded to to inflict serious injuries on two of my players in the first turn. In an effort to get even, i down his bull centaur, and foul him, for no effect except to get sent off.

Only two turns gone, but 8 men against 11, and its almost game over

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Yeah Perfect D can back fire sometimes. Moving more players onto the LOS is always risky even though it meant I had to take a couple of 1 die blocks.

The Celtic Carnage team could be in serious trouble - no apothecary and 6 Chaos Dwarves gunning for blood :P

Dave