MBBL Round 4.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

MBBL Round 4.

Post by Deathwing »

We're off!
Dangerous Dave's Undead have got Amazons in a top of the table clash.
Chet's Amazons have got Dwarves. Interesting.
(The above 4 teams are the only 3-0 teams left).
Anthony's wussy Undead (3 games, 1 casualty? Even Galak's halflings have more! :lol: ) are up against Chaos in an all Canadian clash.
Martyn's DE have more Dwarves.
Galak's Halflings have got an all stunty match-up with gobbos in what has to be fun game of the round.

My 10 strong HE are up against Undead, and I've just opened the scoring on my turn 3. It was a little earlier than I'd intended, but a Perfect Defence against my 10 Elves kinda put me on the back foot on the opening kickoff, and I had to burn both rerolls early to get it done. :roll:

Keep us informed with updates as usual please gentlemen! 8)

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Uh ... its round 4 ... just FYI ... :D

The Halflings started out their game against the Gobbos with

Niggle roll: 1
Take Root: 1
Take Root: 1
and with 1 MNG and 2 Dead from last game
The Halflings started the match with 10 players ....

first turn ... halfling receive an out of bounds kick ... GFI with Sure Feet ...
1 and 1 ...

So five 1s to start ... my opponent SIs -1 MA to a halfling on his opening move ... so I'm down to 9 and my fun game is looking like a long game ...

Galak

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well, we've started the top of the table clash - Amazon v my Undead team. Brian received and is doing his normal thing of getting what seems like 14 players around the ball! :(

A skele has already been KO'd and my Mummies seem to be standing up as their turn. :( Anyway I did have one blitz with a Mummy and went for his catcher with Dodge, Catch and Jump Up - this player has a niggle so av7 and +1 /+1 or +0/+2 on armour injury (the change to the Niggle rules we are testing make a big difference!).... unfortunately a stunned result was the only outcome.

Brian has loose caged from the side to the middle and I am trying to surround it.... Surely he will fail a dodge or GFI at some point! - but then he does have 5 rerolls (he won an extra one on the Kick Off despite being at -1 on a d6 :(... oh and I've already used up one of my rerolls - double skulled on a wight blitz :(... Come on Sotek...... wake up and get the dice rolling!

Dave

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MBBL Round 3.

Post by martynq »

Deathwing wrote:Martyn's DE have more Dwarves.
Oh joy! When I chose a skill for a line-elf at the end of the last match, I thought Dodge would be helpful for mobility... little did I know that dwarves were my next opponent, and Block would have been a better choice. :(

DW, you forgot to point out that my match and Galak's feature the four remaining teams who have yet to win a match. Could well be an end of season grudge match between the two teams who are at 0-4.

Martyn

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Well, twice I've tried to Blitz his AG5 ball carrying Ghoul. The first time the Dragon Warrior fails the gfi to throw the Block, this time I throw the 1D Block and KO myself with a skull. When (if?) I eventually knock him down I'm gonna kick the crap outta him!!!!!

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

You're right, my Undead are a bunch of wussies! I can't get a casualty to save my life (pun intended). :)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Nevermind that...

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

How is it that Brian's Amazon's have only 1 casualty against them but Jay's Dwarves have 6?
6 casualties in 3 games? Eeegadz! Them boys better be shaving their heads!

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well, I guess having dodge on all players helps... and Blodge on 4. However, good fortune does seem to follow players for a while in PBEM.

I'll do my best to even up the casualty count.... however, since Brian has made every roll in the MBBL game so far and I have made 4 blocks - rolling double skulls once and not got better than stunned despite having +2 on one armour roll....its not looking good :( - just as an aside I am playing Brian in my MBBL2 match up.... and with one turn left I have 1 SPP - so although he has avs of 7 or 8 and not much block and I have a Piling on Norse Blitzer, a MB Snow Troll and of course block on every player.... I just cannot seem to cause any damage. Now if only the Mummies could start hitting the little girlies......

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Deathwing wrote:Well, twice I've tried to Blitz his AG5 ball carrying Ghoul. The first time the Dragon Warrior fails the gfi to throw the Block, this time I throw the 1D Block and KO myself with a skull. When (if?) I eventually knock him down I'm gonna kick the crap outta him!!!!!
AG4 Ghoul left in Blitz range again...1 Dodge needed....it's a 1! It's another KO! Got a line-elf BH in my opponent's turn as well, so Rob can easily afford to kill the clock, equalize and recieve second half with increased numerical advantage...(7 on the field, 2 KO'd with a couple of turns of pasting to sustain). Gulp!

C'mon Heirs, we're owed some dice! Hang tough til HT, get both KO's back and the valiant 9 can still do it!

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

My Amazons started with the ball and rolled a double-skull on their first block. They re-rolled this into a knockdown and proceeded to finish the first turn with a trio of two-die pushes. Then the second turn started off with a skull-reroll-skull combo! So this was a free pass to the Dwarfs.

Despite this, I can score without a single roll in this next turn. And that's good, because I've used all four re-rolls already!

Unfortunately, I've lost 4 players from the pitch. I'd heal the latest SI (AV-1 on a Blitzer), but she already had AV-1 and might get retired instead.

-Chet

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Its half time in the top of the table clash between Brian's Amazon and my Undead. Although I managed to knock the ball to the floor, a few one die blocks cleared a path for his AG 4 thrower to pick up and lob a short pass to a receiver who GFI'd twice for the score.

I had enough time to score and advanced down the sideline with decent protection. However, with one turn before I score, a Ghoul moving to create cover fails his rerolled dodge (3+) leaving the ball carrier open to a 1 die blitz. Unfortunately this is by an Amazon with Strip Ball - and the carrier is pushed back.. the ball scattering out of bounds and away from my players (although one is next to the ball). An Amazon blitzer walks in picks it up and dodges away upfield......

Not much chance for me to score... try to blitz the Amazon ball carrier and roll a skull... since I have already used up my rerolls (form rolling double skulls twice) that's it. I can't score so try to cause damage..... nope no joy there.

So in 4 halves of Bloodbowl (my MBBL2 match went to O/T) I have yet to score a casualty gainst Brian :(. So 1-0 down at H/T and receiving.

On my first turn of the 2nd half, I finally get a BH (by a Blodge Ghoul - those Mummies are wimps)! Hoorah... now if I can cause a few more... (I am due some!) the game may swing my way........

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Getting tired of these High Elves now.
Game 1, death. Not enough money to replace player or buy apoth.
Game 2, death. Replace one line elf so back to 10 on the roster.
Game 3, Injury free!! Buy apoth.
Game 4 (so far), death. Apoth fails.
So in 3.5 games, 3 deaths plus a AV decrease on a Dragon Warrior and a ST decrease on a line elf. At best I'm going to go into my 5th game with 10 players again. Add in KO's and BH's and I seem to constantly be playing with 7 or 8 players. How on earth this team got to a 2-1 record is beyond me! :)
I thought this team could be a force with 4 Lion warriors. That's a joke. The first one is further away now than when I started!
I know I've been exceptionally unlucky with the fatalities, but the elf teams always were the slowest starters. Is there a case that the revised winnings table hits them harder than most because of player cost, making them even slower to get going than before?
Interested in other 2k1 League experience with Elf teams.

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Hey don't feel bad. In my first 2 games I lost a Biltzer and a Black Orc that I couldn't replace. The Black Orc was killed by a halfling on a both down result! Talk about humiliation! I didn't want gobbos on my team but I was forced to buy one just to keep enough players on the field. Now the damn gobbo just got a niggler! I have the wimpiest orcs ever!

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Deathwing wrote:Game 3, Injury free!! Buy apoth.
Of course it was. That was against my dark elves, of course.
Deathwing wrote:Is there a case that the revised winnings table hits them harder than most because of player cost, making them even slower to get going than before?
Interested in other 2k1 League experience with Elf teams.
Erm, I think it depends how you play your elves. If you play like I do (i.e., pretty badly, ahem, I mean you avoid giving anything but blitz opportunities), then you don't win because you spend your entire running away from the opposition, but you stay alive more. My MBBL2 high elves have just managed to survive a match against khemri with only 1 casualty (a BH) suffered - of course they lost!

Having said all that, I think you have a very good point. Don't know quite what others (e.g., members of the BBRC) think.

Cheers,
Martyn

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

The Damned Generation vs. Morgantown's Madness

Post by martynq »

The match between my dark elves and Jim Morgan's (Ombi's?) dwarves currently stands at 1-1.

In the first half, the dwarves received, but the dark elves managed to Blitz! at the kick-off, sending their Blitzers forward to try to get to the ball. A troll slayer managed to frenzy one of these out of bounds, but the Damned Generation did initially managed to knock over the dwarven ball carrier. The dwarves recovered from this situation and managed to drive their way up one wing to score.

The second drive of the first half was fairly uneventful with only two turns for the dark elves to reply in.

At the beginning of the second half, the Damned Generation received and sent both blitzers forward to receive while the witch elf held the ball. Seeing the dwarves surrounding the blitzers and a gap open up, the dark elves charged forward forming a loose cage in the dwarves half. Despite the efforts of the dwarves, the witch elf managed to dodge forward in the third turn to score.

Of course, this leaves the dwarves with 6 turns to score a winning touchdown.

Cheers,
Martyn