MBBL2 Round 4

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

MBBL2 Round 4

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well in my Round 4 match against Pink Horrors Orcs, my Nipponese are getting crucified.

With a one die block and some GFIs a blitz my Gutter lost the ball into the crowd. It was retrieved by an Orc blitzer. OK nothing my Ninjas can't handle.... wrong double skulls eat my reroll up and although I knock the ball out, I fail a roll after that.

Then the turn to beat all turns. My 2 Ninjas are around the ball with no Tackle players in sight. 3 blocks later, both my Ninjas are down and the Gutter SI'd - all 3 blocks needed POWs to succeed. Including additional blocks, GFIs dodges and the pick up roll to retrieve the ball the turn had a 0.2% chance of success - that's 1 in 500.

My Samurai (av 9) is then Niggled by a BOB with no skills and the apoth rolls a 1......

I have rolled more skulls and 1s in this game than anything else.

At least PH's ally Chaos Dwarf (and the Head Coach for arguing) was sent off for fouling.

If this continues like this, I won't have any players left before Half Time! Martyn... surely I can play your Elves now!

Dave

Ps if anyone wants to check the 1 in 500 turn, here are the actions and odds:-

CD block 0.833333333
Ninja Pow 0.305555556
Ninja Pow 0.305555556
gutter pow 0.305555556
BoB pow 0.555555556
BoB pow 0.555555556
Blitzer push 0.888888889
BOB push 0.888888889
gfi 0.833333333
gfi 0.833333333
ref roll 0.833333333
blitzer dodge 0.888888889
gfi 0.833333333
pick up 0.666666667

Odds of success 0.20%

Reason: ''
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MBBL2 Round 4

Post by martynq »

Dangerous Dave wrote:Martyn... surely I can play your Elves now!
Sorry Dave, but the high elves are in Division A. You could always meet the Tomb Raiders though. :)

Anyway, you haven't thought things through clearly Dave. The winner of your match plays the Animal House :evil: in Round 5 and presumably gets utterly decimated before the play-offs. The loser gets to play somebody else, and if they win probably also stands a good chance of getting through to the play-offs. However much damage PH does to your nippons is nothing compared to what Brian's khemri will do to his team. :lol:

Martyn

serra_kim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by serra_kim »

Darkland Conspirators 3, The Beastly Blighters 0

Closing the game at a commanding 3-0, the Darkland Conspirators ran away with both the ball and the game, but at a costly price.

The first half saw the Conspirators dominating, both with hypnotic gazes and power plays. The second turn early tradeoff of casualties saw a skeleton go to the bench with a shattered kneecap and a beastman laid to rest with a shattered skull. Still, the Conspirators showed elegance and finesse, taking the ball from the ham-handed Beastly Blighters' beastmen and showing an excellent mastery of both passing and running games. Indeed, the Blighter's defense seemed almost non-existent through much of the first half. The end of the first half had field tenders in an uproar over cleaning costs, after the Blighter's spellcaster got off an impressive Stream of Corruption that downed two Conspirator players, and threatened a third. Still with a lightning score just two turns after the start of the second half, it looked to be more of the same.

As the second round for the Blighters saw their Minotaur knock himself down against a wall of skeletons, Rotters fans began to wonder whether there was little more than pus and tapioca in the head coach's head. But the Minotaur's fall signaled a dramatic change in the whimsy of Nuffle. The next round saw a skeleton drug off field after underestimating the capabilities of the Blighter's spellcaster. Not long afterwards a formerly unremarkable Ungor named Warpskin managed to smash the hand of a Lahmian Vampire, sending her off the field and into the hands of concerned field medics. Indeed, Countess Sapphon's injury rested like a cloud over the stadium, and the Rotter team took heart in it. Although the Conspirators would manage another score by the end of the game, the Beastly Blighters would rack up a total of 6 casualties and 7 major injuries by end of game, including two demolished skeletons, one of which was carried off after the Blighter's Spellcaster threw a spectacula
r foul in the last seconds of the game.

Regardless of the score on the field, both team managers were most anxious about the condition of the Conspirator's downed Vampire. But after careful examination it was determined that neither Countess Sappho nor minion Priestly had contracted the Rot. In an after game press conference the head coach of the Beastly Blighters reiterated his goal of becoming the first rotters league team to actively recruit a new player. Both coaches expressed mutual respect for each other's teams, although the head coach of the Conspirators did refuse to shake hands with the Blighter's coach. All in all an entertaining showcase for two new league teams.

(written by Aaron Stimson)

cheers , kim

Pink Horror
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pink Horror »

I never thought of it like that. If I can hold on to the win, I'll have to concede against Animal House in the first turn. I should only lose four players or so.

:cry:

Pink Horror

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Cattle Dogs vs. The Tomb Raiders

Post by martynq »

Things are looking good for my undead in their match against Brady's wild card team. The wild cards began by freebooting three players and exposing them to the Takis-A meteor stuff. Two died immediately, while one developed extra arms.

... and then the game began with the Cattle Dogs receiving. Early on, one of the Tomb Raiders' wight threw a one-die Block against the freebooted player and killed him. :evil: The Cattle Dogs advanced the ball carrier and two other players down one flank where they were surrounded by three wights, the Chaos Warrior zombie and a ghoul. They tried to reverse the play by passing to a player who had gone through the middle, but the Tomb Raiders managed to knock him over and retrieve the ball.

And so began a slow drive by the Undead up the pitch to eventually score in their seventh turn of the game. "Shifty" Cyril passed to "Runner" Ronnie who ran in to score.

In the remaining turns of the first half, the wild cards failed to injure Amoutep IV when fouling, while Rattler succeeded (with help from many friends) in fouling the Piling On wild card off the pitch (badly hurt).

The second half begins with the Tomb Raiders receiving.

Martyn

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well the Tinkers are being sneaky, evil and fast. The dynamos on the other hand are having a bad time. First dynamo turn, they threw an inaccurate pass to a cd on the los. First Tinker turn, I cast conjure and took out the dynamo's best scorer with a Lurve Potion and popped the ball loose and put a tz on it. Eventually the Tinkers stole the ball and scored 1-0, the dynamos ended up with 2 turns to return score and fell over gfi'ing to pick up the ball and stunned himself. To even the score in the first half he has to gfi at least once, pass on a 6, catch on a 6, and dodge on a 4.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

re: the Klinkers match, intorduced an Ally Orc thrower to strengthen the team with a decent ball carrier, and guess what so far he rolled about 3 one's, that with the Loss of my Top man in the first turn, means i'm climbing up a very steep and tall mountain.

1-0 down, second half to come and now seans got the ball. Can't hold back now, only hope is to get a turnover and somehow grab the ball back.

Come on the Blitz!!!!

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

only hope is to get a turnover
Yea rite, not with the short stunty legs on your team.
and somehow grab the ball back.
Even less likely with your low agility compared to my ag monsters.
Come on the Blitz!!!!
Nope i got quick snap. Maybe next ko, when your recieving :lol:

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

My Clan Moulder were 2-1 up at the half, got the second Blitz and got the ball, only to fall over on a double 1 on the gfi to score. The rest of the game was a tale of failed pick-ups and WA turnovers in a melee in the corner, and no further score. So Verminwarp move to a 3-1 record.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Go Moulder Go Moulder, Go Moulder Go. :P

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

My Orcs can't handle a pigskin.

Post by mrinprophet »

My team is cursed when it comes to moving the ball. I am in Turn 7 of the opening half against a 180TR Wood Elf team. I have managed to collect the opening kickoff and trudge down the field in a little cage. I killed a line elf and Ko'd another. I am at the point where I have a crack in his D and only need to hand it off to a wide open blitzer to score. I have a reroll so I think...no problem. Wrong again. This orc team of mine can only handle a pigskin if the other team drops it, they fall on it, and gets shoved up their bung sack! Maybe I can keep Olli from scoring. :D

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I feel just a little bad here.

My opponent is Olli's Halfling team against my Slann frog team.

Olli casts Conjure and fails so I get a Magic Item card instead of him. I draw Rakath's Spell of Petty Spite ... a halfling on Olli's team now has Wild Animal .... should be good for a free turn or two unless the Frothing Halfling does me in ... shudder.

Galak

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

GalakStarscraper wrote: Olli casts Conjure and fails so I get a Magic Item card instead of him. I draw Rakath's Spell of Petty Spite ... a halfling on Olli's team now has Wild Animal .... should be good for a free turn or two unless the Frothing Halfling does me in ... shudder.
Galak
i could recommend an appropriate miniature for that player :wink:

iron chef kosher
mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Galak don't feel bad. My orc team is blundering all over again. I managed to pop the ball loose and it rolls to a perfect spot. Woo-hooo! My open thrower only need to go scoop it up and make a quick pass to a wide open blitzer. Screwed again. :pissed: :pissed: My thrower decides to kick the ball instead. I just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to my thrower. He is absolutely dreadful and I need to rename him Butters. I am down 1-0 in the fourth turn of the second half. However, it looks like Butters has cost me and I will go down 2-0 soon. At least I have two casualties.

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Game ended 2-1 in favor of the Dewdrops (woodies), making Da Squig Humpaz 1-2-1 on the season. That should put me out of the running for the playoffs. :cry:
My block dice were showed up (although I didn't get too many shots against the woodies) but I couldn't do a thing with my thrower. He continues to be dreadful and I may just put a bounty on his head. :D He had two fumbles and failed simple dodge with reroll that might have prevented a second score. On the bright side, I won 80k and picked up a black orc, my blitzer gained ST+1, and I limited a wood elf team to 2 tds.

I have to say that I continue to be impressed by the friendliness and competency of coaches in the MBBL2.