MBBL2 Round 4

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Arvandoria Athletic vs The Crusaders

Post by martynq »

Well, the Crusaders of Shallya are discovering that there is a greater power than Shallya and that she is extremely fickle: yes, Lady Luck seems to have thrown her lot behind the high elves (somewhat unusually!) - at least for the moment. In the first drive, the elves have inflicted two casualties (one BH and the other SI, which the Shallya angel healed). The angel managed to drop an accurate pass which the high elves recovered and passed out to a lion warrior who dashed away from the Crusaders and to score.

So after 4 turns each, the score is 1-0 to Arvandoria Athletic. The Crusaders' angel has decided he's got more important things to do, so is off for the rest of the match. So the Crusaders have 10 players against the elves 14.

Cheers,
Martyn

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Blood n Mud, my Khorne Daemon team are 1 up at the half against Blood Dragon Vampires.
The 'thirster so far has thrown 7 3D Blocks, resulting in 6 knockdowns, with 1 BH and 1 KO. Was going to use it to foul at one point ( it's got DP) but figured a 1 in 6 chance of the ref spotting a 240K player was bad odds. I used a Beastman instead. Sure enough, sent off, so a pretty good decision.
I almost delayed picking the ball up for too long, when I went to grab it I failed (with a TRR), which resulted in having to GFI and throw a quick beastman to beastman pass in order to reach the end zone. Luckily, I got away with it this time.
So I'm recieving this half, the 'thirster's passed it's Unstable roll, and hopefully I can play some ball control, inflict some more cas. and put the second score on the board with no time to come back.

On the ' thirster subject: Galak, can't see that's he's listed as double progression anywhere. Should he be?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

As of this round, no one in the MBBL2 has double progression.

Galak

If I was Starr I'd spend every resource I had to foul the living heck out of the Spellcaster.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GalakStarscraper wrote:If I was Starr I'd spend every resource I had to foul the living heck out of the Spellcaster.
Heh. :D I've kept him well out of the way for most of the half, and intend keeping him wrapped in cotton wool. No gfi's, 1D Blocks or dodging with him! There's only the other CW that I'd even consider using the apoth on, and that would have to be late in the game.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well as i predicted the Dynamos gave all their energy to the Tinkers, who leached and used it to win 3-1, would have been 3-0 if not for that evil Razzle Dazzle. Im going back to playing that card like i always used to, letting it sit without using it. Amazingly i made 70k from the game and got dauntless for my assistbot, i forgot till after the fact that i was gonna give him kick, drats.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Arvandoria Athletic vs The Crusaders

Post by martynq »

Goodness only knows what has gotten into my high elves - they seem to be playing with all the destructive powers of a Chaos team. :evil:

It's halftime and the score still stands at 1-0. The Crusaders got nowhere near the endzone with their second drive of the half, though the elves inflicted two more casualties for a total of 4 in the first half. These last two casualties were a SI (-1 MA) which the Shallya team used their apothecary to heal and then a Death which one of the Crusaders' priests healed.

Beginning of the second half and the High Elves are receiving.

Cheers,
Martyn

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Maybe your elf just realized that the Shallya team can handle a pretty high level of punishment so they are going for it.

So far they've managed to heal 2 SIs and 1 Death ... that's a team with a major set of healing skills coming to play.

I played a Shallya team once with a spellcaster. Got off the team's racial spell which was impressive one game. Every player on both sides were healed to completely full strength even the stunned/prone players on the pitch went upright .... something on the order of 12 dice rolls without a 1 caused this to happen.

Galak

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

sean newboy wrote:Well as i predicted the Dynamos gave all their energy to the Tinkers, who leached and used it to win 3-1, would have been 3-0 if not for that evil Razzle Dazzle. Im going back to playing that card like i always used to, letting it sit without using it. Amazingly i made 70k from the game and got dauntless for my assistbot, i forgot till after the fact that i was gonna give him kick, drats.
Hate to say it , but a well deserved win for the Tinkers.

The Dynamo's regretfully were never in the game even though they sneaked a TD, when Razzle dazzle failed and got a casualty on the last turn of the game.

The most disappointing thing from my point of view is that The Dynamo's were never in a position to put any pressure on the Tinkers from beginning to end, and a dreadfull kick off which ended up with the ball on the LOS, along with my best player being magicked away in turn 1 for the rest of the match was a disaster. The 60 odd team rating difference was then even more exaggerated, and his Strength 5 Robots, and some even with AG5, were just too much for me.

Probably one of the easiest games the Tinkers have had i guess.

Nevertheless the Dynamo's now stand 2-1-1. having now played two of the best sides in the division. The other being Martyn's Tomb Raiders.
Not bad for a new team this year. I expect better from them in the future.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Incredibly my Division A side the Black Widows are now 3-1-0, having won through a concession. When i started this team were meant to be my play for fun team , and the Dynamo's were my "serious" contenders.
Looks like i may have to rethink my strategy. Having said that, i've had all the luck going with the Skaven Team, while the Dynamo's have come through some hard fought games.

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Arvandoria Athletic are now 2-0 up against The Crusaders. A classic elf move: blitz the player away from the catcher, pass the ball, catch the ball and run in to score with only two turns of the second half gone.

No more casualties yet!

Oh yeah, the Tomb Raiders have just won by a concession, though things were looking quite secure in that game anyway. Their record this season is now 2-1-1, so they might still qualify for the play-offs with another victory, I guess.

Martyn

Spyke
Experienced
Experienced

Calling The Nuns With No Names

Post by Spyke »

Calling The Nuns With No Names

Where are you. I emailed the game file on July 3rd, and allowing for American holiday's I waited until today to chase you. Are we playing or not?

Anyone know where Robert is ?

Thanks, Spyke.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Deathwing wrote:So I'm recieving this half, the 'thirster's passed it's Unstable roll, and hopefully I can play some ball control, inflict some more cas. and put the second score on the board with no time to come back.
Pretty much according to plan, took it in on my turn 7 for the 2-0 lead, then a riot ended the game!
Gothmog the Bloodthirster picked up the MVP and now has Pro! Be very afraid....Image

So Blood 'n' Mud move to W3-L1-T0...BRING IT ON! :wink:
Mcdeth wrote:...my Division A side the Black Widows are now 3-1-0...
What's your TR? B 'n' M are at 163, is there a chance we could meet next round? That'd be a giggle... :D

Pink Horror
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pink Horror »

Wow, Verminwarp and Blood 'n' Mud are at 3-1. You're having a pretty good season. Only one coach has defeated you so far. :D

Pink Horror

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Mcdeth wrote:
Mcdeth wrote:...my Division A side the Black Widows are now 3-1-0...
What's your TR? B 'n' M are at 163, is there a chance we could meet next round? That'd be a giggle... :D
My TR is about 134, but considering i've played two games in DIVB with the dynamo's against teams with over a 40-50 diff in tr i think it might be a strong possibilty. maybe a place in the playoff at stake???

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

I've just checked the rules for your Bloodthirster, as i am convinced there is a better than fair chance we are going to meet. Looks like i'd need to win the kick off, get an early TD and pray for the unstable roll to come through for me. :P

Somehow i dont think my Rat Ogre is going to have much effect :evil: