MBBL2 Round 4

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Pink Horror wrote:Wow, Verminwarp and Blood 'n' Mud are at 3-1. You're having a pretty good season. Only one coach has defeated you so far. :D
Pink Horror
I'll have my revenge at some point.... :wink:

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well.. thought I should write a quick update on the Dorks (Norse) v Waste Land Destroyers (Chaos)....

Now.... av 7 v Chaos when most of the oppo have at least block is not a recipe for success....

However, in my first 2 turns (receiving), I got 2 cas and basically restricted Pete to 2 blitzes. A double skull allowed a route into blitz my ball carrier.. However, my blodge thrower should be safe with no Tackle around...... nope... the dreaded POW... and the injury and the death... and the dreaded 1 for the apoth......

Managed to recover the ball.... but felt I should score rather than delay.

Ball kicked deep and retrieved by the Big Hand. I gamble and push 2 players (needing 2 gfis) each to be in his TZ (needed a reroll). However this proves short lived as a blitz dodge, hand off and pass (what!.... am I playing Elves?) means a beastie is near the end zone. I manage to 1 die blitz him but lack of numbers / pushing for a turnover means not enough cover and Chaos equalise.

Half time Chaos to receive.

The Chaos team try their elf trick again but this time it back fires and I manage to recover the ball. A bit of touchline pushing ensues with a Block RSC Warrior pushed into the crowd and unfortunately helped to reserves by a scared crowd. I push for an opening but fail to break through. With 2 turns left I manage to get a player in sight of the end zone but he is blitzed and I can't score.

Full time 1-1. I lose the toss and both my KO'd players fail to recover - so its 10 v 11. Yo! a result we time our attack precisely and get a blitz. The ball is kicked right out wide to the line of scrimmage (kick skill really works sometimes!) and my catcher waits patiently under it. I crowd around to protect as much as possible. The ball comes down and butter fingers drops it... fortunately not into the crowd. Pete blitzes a covering player onto the ball hoping to push it into the crowd. However, my catcher grabs it and this time it sticks!

It is now 9 v 10 as a blitzer BH'd himself and I KO'd a beastie. 2 cas to me 5 to Pete....no rerolls left for either player.. To win my damn Snow Troll better start connecting.... he seems to be modelling the latest in Gucci handbags....... :-(

It might well be a good result to get a draw! :o (Boo Hiss)

Dave

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Latest news on Arvandoria Athletic versus The Crusaders.

In their drive, the Crusaders first failed to pick up the ball and then when they did manage to pick it up, they tripped on a go-for-it to get into their cage. The ball bounced free - my blitzer knocked the player over who had the ball in his TZ, the thrower picked up and passed to my newest lion warrior, who ran in to score.

Current score: Arvandoria Athletic 3 - The Crusaders 0.

All the close matches where I had just a little bit of bad luck seem to have saved up to give me vast amounts of good luck in this one. :)

Cheers,
Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well the Dorks v Waste Land Destroyers ended in a tie after O/T.

Both sides had chances to win it but couldn't manage it. I had a chance to run wide and leg it but blew up with double skulls on my first block leaving my ball carrier vulnerable. Then Pete rolled double skulls on his second block!

I legged it but couldn't move my ball carrier downfield when I rolled Block and a Skull. So I was blitzed and Chaos recovered the ball. Fortunately my Snow Troll out legged the Chaos Warrior and pushed him far enough away from the end zone so that he couldn't score.

I had a 1 in a million chance of winning it in the last turn and rolled a 1 on my second dice roll.... so a 1-1 tie and a fair result.

Dave

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

The Bashers recently won over the Beefcakes, 2-0. Backstabber got an advance, tackle ( he is now my safety blitzer) but got niggled (thats why i got a level 3 apoth). I also have a mv 7 blitzer now. Not to mention that Masher is one spell away from his second advance, after getting 2 more castings done.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Arvandoria Athletic vs. The Crusaders

Post by martynq »

Breaking news: Arvandoria Athletic have just won their first match of the season, so are hopefully out of the running for worst team in the league. :D

In the end the score was 4-0 :o
For the last proper drive of the match, the Crusaders attempted a pass in their Turn 7 (of the second half), but it was intercepted by a Lion Warrior (using his catch skill). He handed off to the Phoenix Warrior, who passed to another Lion Warrior, who ran in to score.

For some reason, however, the fans don't like a team that wins. Despite having a +3 modifier to the fan factor roll, I managed to roll a 1, and so my FF goes down. :-?

For skills, I got the following:
One line-elf: Kick
Lion Warrior with Dodge: Shadowing
Lion Warrior with NoS: +1 MA. (Actually, I rolled double 5 before, so I could have had MA10 if I'd had enough sense to take it last time.)
Rookie Lion Warrior: Nerves of Steel. (I rolled double 5 again.)
Phoenix Warrior: Sure Hands... plus he got a niggle from only his second aging roll. :evil: I'm not very happy about this, as it means I'll have to start thinking about developing another Phoenix Warrior to replace him with.

(I had intended to take Dodge for the NoS Lion Warrior, and Block for the rookie Lion Warrior, but my rolling on skill rolls continues to be quirky... cf., my AG5 ghoul.)

Cheers,
Martyn