MBBL Round 5

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

MBBL Round 5

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Round 5 starts Monday and its the last round of the regular season before the Championship Round 6 to give the 1st season MBBL Championship. Lots of teams are jocking for position. Either the Goddesses or the Drak Rats will be playing the Championship but who plays against them for the title is up for grabs between SEVERAL teams.

Good Luck to all ... Acerak and Dangerous Dave both have decent chances of being in the top 4 for the money games next round.

.... oh and one last side note.

Martyn .... IF my trees show up, I'm planning on seeing if Dark Elves make good post hole diggers ... :D

See ya on Monday, Martyn.

..... ..... of course this trash talk means that none of my trees will show and Martyn will score 11 casualties against me for the game

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

As a tie breakers for 2nd, 3rd, 4th for the playoff if needed. I'll add up the end of Round 5 rankings of the teams that you've defeated and the one with the lowest score will advance.

Next season, the tie breaker will be historical league points.

Galak

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well Robs Rotten Rats will soon be... well er rotten (or at least rotting!)

Dave

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Da Hakeyez kent unnerstan wut happind! I fink itz kuz we ar da only orc teem! Itz jus kuz weez Orcz in a Oomun world! But yoo kent keep uz down ferevva!
Don kall it a kumbak! Weez ben heer fer yeerz!
WAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Orcz rool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Boy, you know the Hakeyez are in trouble when they can't even identify the other Orc entry in the league (the Blackforest Blight). I thought they could smell each other at ten miles - Nuffle knows the rest of us can - but apparently I was wrong!

-Chet

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Speaking of the Blight...just what my poor battered Helfs needed...
C'mon Heirs...need this for a winning season.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Looks like the dwarfs of the place of fire are in for an interesting match against some Sons of Bi.. Arwen woodies.

I forsee lots and lots of casualties and a glorious victory for Dawi'Zharr... ;)

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Da girlee oomunz wot liv in da hot jungal iz tawkin bout stink! HAR!
Datz funnee!
Dem uvva guyz dont mak enuff noyz ta be orcz! I fink deyz just krusty elfs.

HAR!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Did I mentioned I killed my own Ghould last game on a failed Dodge?

*sigh*

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

If anyone reading this thread wondered how good the Amazon team was ... well there is a pretty good chance that 2 Amazon teams will make the playoffs (top 4) of the first season of the MBBL ... the other possibles are:

2 Dwarf
1 Undead
1 Human
1 Skaven
1 Chaos

The Elves were shut out of the playoffs for the first season .... it will be interesting to see who makes the playoffs.

Galak

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

OK I am playing a sub team (Chaos) in the MBBL against Jim's Dwarves.

Jim received and the first kick off resulted in "Get The Ref" for both teams. On receiving the game file, I find that before I have done anything, I am down to 9 men on the field with a BH and a KO.

Basically the game is bash, kick, bash, bash.... and with only one Chaos Warrior, a rookie team v a Dwarf team with 130+ TR one that I will struggle in.

However, a number of double skulls reared their ugly heads. Also I managed to SI via a foul a Troll Slayer. In addition the Dwarves got too confident and wanted to make sure that all the Chaos boys were on the floor before walking in the TD.... and double skulls resulted. I managed to get the ball but the Dwarves out numbered Chaos and I couldn't evade them despite some pretty good Elf type plays!

At the end of the half, I had 4 players left on the pitch - 2 BH and 5 KO'd. Only 2 made their KO rolls so its 10 Dwarves v 6 Chaos and 0-0 for the second half. Let's hope that a stronger ref shows up for the second half......

Dave

PS rumour has it that the Captain of the Quitters Inc (Chaos) went into the crowd to organise a pitch invasion at the start of the second half... but knowing Chaos anything could happen!

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Well the Heirs of Aenarion are off to a flying start.
Kicked (deep), rolled the Blitz and sent a Dragon Warrior down each flank. Blackforest Blight can do little but pick up the ball deep in their own half and get tackle zones on my Helfs. My turn 1, DW dodges, and blitzes the Orc thrower. Down he goes with a Pow/Skull, and the DW uses his MB to KO him. Other DW has to use his Dodge to get away, down the field, grabs the loose ball and gfi to score.
Nice! :D
The Orc thrower came back, and my valiant 10 Helfs line up again...

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

The Damned Generation vs. Iron Chefs

Post by martynq »

Galak and I are nearly halfway through the first half, but no touchdowns yet. However, in another thread he's mentioned the casualties the halflings have suffered already, so it seemed a sensible time to summarize progress so far.

Turn 1: The Iron Chefs receive. At kick-off the fans throw a rock and off goes a halfling badly hurt. (Actually, the only halfling with ST3 - not good luck for Galak.)

Turn 2: The only treeman on the pitch (the other is late) throws the halfling ball carrier forward, but the scatter is back some distance, so he ends up in the middle of the Damned Generation's half of the pitch. Another halfling dashes forward to give him support, but fails a go-for-it and is seriously injured.

One of the dark elf blitzers tries to knock over the halfling ball carrier, but only succeeds in pushing him next to the witch elf. She manages to knock over the halfling and serious injures him (with a niggle). The dark elves manage to grab the ball, but can't do anything with it. At the end of the turn, a block is thrown against a halfling - both go down, but the dark elf is badly hurt.

Turn 3: A halfling is KO'd when attempting to dodge away.

So four halflings off the pitch, but only one is due to success by the dark elves.

Cheers,
Martyn

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Deathwing wrote: DW has to use his Dodge to get away, down the field, grabs the loose ball and gfi to score.
Nice! :D
You don't see many first turn scores!!! :smoking:

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I once managed a one-turn score with...Undead! Of course, I had the benefit of a Blitz and the Sewer Map card, so it was really a two-turner if you want to look at it that way. I'm sketchy on the details now, but one thing remains clear: it was the only score of a 1-0 game against my hated Vampire rivals.

-Chet