MBBL2-Rd 5.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Fair enough, I guess. Your robot team was very impressive - those thugbots really were giving me the willies: MV7, ST5, AV9 and Dodge! I guess the thing with the Robots is that the expense is the price you pay for the freedom to create whatever players you want. Which other team allows you such access to fast-moving ST5 non-big guys and AG4 ball handlers?

Galak, what do I do now Sean has conceded? Do I give one of my players a random TD and then proceed to the post-match part? Anything else I need to know?

Sorry to be so thick about this, but it's never happened to me before! :roll:

Cheers,
Martyn

Reason: ''
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

If u think they were scary.
Brutebots mv 8 st 4 ag 1 av 9
Movement 8 strength 4 guys, who cares if your st 2 human catcher has stiff arm, im still getting 2 dice. By the way did u realize those st 5 thugbots had normal access to agility skills? I could have eventually had (after many many games) block dodge pile on jump up.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The Robot team can become scary ... it takes a LOT of money to do it though.

Galak

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well the Animal House v The Kaikans is coming to a conclusion.

Its 1-0 to the House but they have the ball with one turn left and should score. Having said that a bit of bad luck and trying to play too quickly cost me the chance to equalise. I managed to get the ball off the House but tried to consolidate my position and failed a dodge roll with one of my Ninjas (yes a 1 reroll 1). This left the ball carrier on his own and helpless! So I lost the ball and the Block Dodge Stand Firm Tomb Guardian did a runner. With 2 turns left and having just used the apoth, I decided discretion is the better part of valour.... and I have left the ball carrier alone (blitzed King Kong instead so he couldn't hurt me anymore - well he might but he has to GFI twice and with no reroll Brian will surely score). This will mean only one cas for KK this match so Yum will win the Cas savant. :)

So 1 Samurai SI'd -1 move and a dead lino who was successfully apoth'd from the game and about 2 SPPs (completions) so far. I may just try for one more completion but since I will likely have 3 Mummies on the line I guess not much chance of any casualties!

Yeah I wimped out a bit... but the Handicap rolls were not much kop so I was always going to struggle.

Anyway not too bad for a rookie team on their first season - had Brian sweating for a bit and a 2-0 result will not reflect the game.... but better that than a few more in the Injury Box.

Anyway with a 4 win and 1 loss season, I guess that they may qualify for the play offs..... if they do..... I have a tough choice to make....

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I think Verminwarp were the victims of their own success (and a bit of a mauling last time out). After getting to 3-1 (with two ROs ;) ) they ran into a pretty strong Border Princes team. The TR diff. was 72, although with 4 MNG (including the RO with Block) the actual TR diff. was something like 105. They just weren't ready for that kind of step in class. Doesn't help much when you're recieving with 7 players and your opponent rolls a Blitz! :roll:
I may be able to hold it to 4-1, but it's looking like 5.
They've been fun to play, watch out next season! :P

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

sean newboy wrote:By the way did u realize those st 5 thugbots had normal access to agility skills?
Yep, I did realize that they could get agility skills - I looked up the Robot team before we began our match. I also tried to see whether you could build a team similar to my Undead team and realized that, although possible, it would be very expensive. I guess with the Robots you need to have lots of poor quality drones to offset the cost and TR penalties of a few superb players.

In my other match, its an all elf competition between Arvandoria Athletic (High Elf, TR186) and Wendall Roy's Mirkwood Marauders (Dark Elf, TR122). In view of the difference of TR, both my niggled Thrower and niggled Shadowing Catcher were struck down by a virus plus my MA9 Catcher found his shoes had been greased for the first drive.

The Marauders received for the first drive. They found themselves forced down one side of the pitch and when the ball carrier began a turn adjacent to the crowd, they threw a pass across the pitch and a line-elf dashed clear. Unfortunately, he was close enough that the MA9 Catcher could blitz him (his AG may have been 1, but that doesn't stop him acting as a very fast Blitzer) and the high elves managed to get their hands on the ball and begin their own offense to score.

The score is currently 1-0 to Arvandoria Athletic, with one turn each of the first half to go. The high elves will receive at the start of the second half.

Cheers,
Martyn

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Even with no re-rolls the Dynamo's have gone 2-1 up. problem is his three best players are back and he's got 4 turns left to do something about it. hold on lads!!!

I have odf course advised the opposition coach that he should make an example of the three drunken yobs, who have spent the last twelve turns chatting up the cheerleaders in the club bar, by sending them home.
Sometimes strong decisions have to be made if you want to keep face with the rest of your players. :wink:

I'm sure he'll see sense.

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Da Squig Humpaz update.
Score is 2-0 in favor of DSH. It is turn 6 of the 2nd half and the woodies (The Red Branch) have the ball 5 squares from my end zone. I have his ball carrier (wardancer) bottled up against the out-of-bounds line but he could easily score with a few lucky rolls. He is out of RR's so here's to hoping he fails a roll quick. After being beaten by a woodie team last game 2-1, I'd love a win to finish the season 2-2-1.

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Arvandoria Athletic are now 2-0 up against the Mirkwood Marauders. The high elves managed to get both lion warriors deep into their opponents half in the first turn of the second half and then score in the second.

The Marauders replied very well though - they manage to badly hurt one and knock-out the other two players on the line of scrimmage when they began their drive. With only eight players on the pitch, the high elves will have trouble preventing the dark elves from replying with a touchdown in this drive.

Cheers,
Martyn

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Galak, can you advise the finish date for this rounds games, so far both games i'm playing are in about turn 5/6 of overtime and still looking deadlocked, at what point do we have to call it a day if we haven't got to the end of OT, and submit the files etc.

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Friday, Friday, Friday (end of day) is the deadline for all MBBL2 games.

Galak

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

then it must be all out attack as a draw will be non good to any of us