MBBL2-Rd 5.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

MBBL2-Rd 5.

Post by Deathwing »

My Chaos Khorne team Blood'n'Mud is up against another Chaos Khorne team, Beefcake's Swords of Chaos. His team's better across the board that mine, but then again I have the 'thirster.
Opening KO, I Get the Ref (my FF8 to his 7, I roll mine first and it comes up 12!). My 'thirster then KO's his ST4 Beastman. Next up I throw a 1D Block against a CW with a (assisted) Beastman. Both down, Beastman stunned, CW dead!
This one is going to get very messy indeed...A DP MB 'thirster that can't be sent off? Hmmm.... :o

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Having fought both teams, I just hope u both lose. :P

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

If Woody wins ... its an almost sure trip for him to the playoffs ... good luck Woody ... given the sacrifices you've had to make to get the Thrister, I'm glad to see you having fun with him.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Fun? On yes. Jamie cast Khorne's gift on a CW (doubling his strength to 8!) to level the playing field a little and knocked down my 'thirster! Bad move. He gets up and kills a beastman (the CW was successfully apoth'd)!!! I also responded to the gift with one of my own, so there are now 3 ST8 players on the pitch!
I said this was gonna get messy! :wink:

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Update! Beefcakes kill one of my Beastmen. I apoth, and then BH his ST8 CW!!!! 3 deaths, 1 BH and we're 5 turns in!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

For those of you who do not know ... the on-pitch spellcaster spell for Khorne players is Khorne's Gift.

The spell is simple if successfully cast one player of your choice that is not a daemon on the team gets to double this strength until the end of the drive.

Sounds good right ... but there is a kicker ... Khorne is a blood god and demands blood for his gifts. The player that this spell is cast on has to get at least one casualty AFTER the spell is cast on him either by fouling or blocking by the end of the game. If he doesn't get a casualty, then at the end of the game he suffers an immediate casualty roll himself ... note NOT injury ... casualty (ie 1-3 BH, 4-5 SI, 6=Dead). If you don't give Khorne his pound of flesh ... he takes it for himself.

I've only seen this spell cast once before and the player failed to get a casualty and was SI'd at the end of the game. It will be interesting to see if both of them fall under Khorne's wrath ... sounds like Jamie's CW already has a date with Khorne at the end of the game.

Galak

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Go Woody

Post by voyagers_uk »

Let's see you make the play-offs, come on the 'SHOT's representative. :)

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Galak - are you sure you haven't programmed the PBEM tool to look after Titchy and Stunty guys!

In my game against the Pixies, Don has 2 turns in the first half left - I have one. To date there is only 1 casualty - caused by the Quickling (ST 1 and AV 5)! I have got the Quickling down 3 times and failed to break armour every time. However to cap all that I just had a 3 dice block to push him into the crowd. Yup Block, Block and Skull - OK i got him down but failed to break armour - I wanted him in the crowd coz then he couldn't use his personal apothecary.

I have only beaten 2 avoid rolls - one was the only time I broke armour - the other ended in double skulls. :pissed:

Dave

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Since I play Titchy/Stunty teams I can honestly tell you that there is no protection for the little guys ... the winner of last years Scramble made it there by inflicting 11 casualties on my Titchy/Stunty team with a Stilleto holding Saurus.

Ouch! That game reminded me of an old saying of my good friend Tony:
"You know you are losing the fight when everytime you open your eyes all you see is the other guy's knuckles coming at ya!"

Galak

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Galak I was only kidding.... just a little (pun intended!) frustrated at the moment since everything I do fails.... and the pixies can even throw long passes! for TDs...... :(

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

In with the boot...well hoof anyway. A SI niggler Beastman. In 4 turns Blood'n'Mud have now inflicted 2 Deaths, 1 BH and 1 SI.
Khorne's a happy god so far!

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GalakStarscraper wrote:For those of you who do not know ... the on-pitch spellcaster spell for Khorne players is Khorne's Gift.

The spell is simple if successfully cast one player of your choice that is not a daemon on the team gets to double this strength until the end of the drive.

Sounds good right ... but there is a kicker ... Khorne is a blood god and demands blood for his gifts. The player that this spell is cast on has to get at least one casualty AFTER the spell is cast on him either by fouling or blocking by the end of the game. If he doesn't get a casualty, then at the end of the game he suffers an immediate casualty roll himself ... note NOT injury ... casualty (ie 1-3 BH, 4-5 SI, 6=Dead). If you don't give Khorne his pound of flesh ... he takes it for himself.

Galak
Purely hypothetically (just occurred to me), what happens to a recipient of Khorne's gift if an opponent concedes? I'm guessing he'd still have to roll on the casualty table, the pound of flesh must be paid.
Just a thought.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

You'd still have to roll on the table ... and note ... since this is a post game roll .. the apothecary cannot be used ... I mean ya think Khorne would allow an apoth to heal his punisment ... HA!

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

As I've got the ref and cas. caused by fouling count, I'd better start kicking the crap out of prone Beastmen with him! :D

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

(Just After) Half Time Report

Microcosmos (Pixies) 1 Dorks 0 (Norse)

The Norse received but the Pixies had 15 on the field. 3 trees on the line with no choice but to be in 2 TZ so I set up my Dauntless Norse to have a pop (with at worst a one die block if dauntless fails) and hopefuly run the rest away. KO is a blitz. :(

So Trees block and I am left with other Norse in their TZs with insufficent coverage. A Huscarl is KO'd by a Tree. I manage to recover the ball and KO the poisoned dagger pixie. However my 3D blitz (with Tackle) on the Quickling gets him down but armour of 5 holds. The Lino who blitzed is surrounded and the Quickling gets up and SIs him..... - so my Leader reroll is now gone. The Pixies foul a lot but only manage to stun (phew!) before 1 is sent off.

All my blocks are pushes or the avoid roll fails. A Tree KOs my Guardd Lino. The Quickling survives another 3D block although down armour holds again. All bar 3 of my players are knocked either prone or stunned. The Satyr falls over on a second GFI trying to blitz my ball carrier who is right in the backfield. Needing to escape I throw a short pass into the fairly open right hand side and fumble it. A lot of Pixies dodge to cover the passer and the last fails a rerolled gfi and BH's himslef!

I blitz the Quickling who is standing next to the touchline. A 3 Dice block - got to get 1 push dice surely?..... Nope with less than 4% chance of staying on the pitch its Block, Skull, Block. Again the Quickilng survives the armour roll. I fail another avoid roll and then succeed only to roll double skulls......

A Pixie dodges several times, picks the ball up and throws an adjusted long pass to the Satyr in the end zone for a TD. :(

OK time to bash a few Trees Pixies. I set up to do this..... and roll Perfect Defence. This leaves me with a blitz on a Pixie and thanks to an assist I finally get a casualty - the first of the game ont he 8th turn (needed Might Blow to do it though!).

A Tree knocks a blitzer out and the Satyr KO's himself blitzing a Blitzer.

Half Time

Using the Kick skill I try and place the ball short. However - with a 4% chance of creating a Touchback the ball goes out (6 scatter to sideline and bounce out!) :(

A Pixie goes deep into my half. I retreat my players and blitz him with 2 assists (so only need 2+ for the avoid roll). Only get a push and fail the second avoid roll on Frenzy :( My thrower KO's himself on the Tree on a defender's choice block.

Well that's it and I am really struggling!

Dave