MBBL Round 6

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

neoliminal wrote:Rolling at the start of each drive does create interesting effects:

1) High scoring teams are more likely to replace their nigglers... they can't afford to have them leaving later in the game.

2) Low scoring teams can ignore niggles as they do now, assuming they can force the other team to play low scoring as well.

3) When playing a team with lots of nigglers, it's better to score early, if possible.
1 & 2 reinforce my point that it will impact some teams greater than others.
3 also seems to back my point that you're turning a pre-game mechanic into an in-game mechanic. It's going to affect game strategy.
I agree that Niggles need to bite more, but surely there's a way to increase the bite without an in game effect?
1-2 on a D6 will double the impact of niggles from 16.7% to 33%.
1-2 on a D8 will increase it to 25%.
I'd rather see either of those than the amount of niggles you're carrying have an impact on in-game tactics.

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Roll a D6 for each niggling injury at the start of each half, including overtime. On any roll of 1, the player misses the rest of the match. An Apothecary can tend to the player with no chance of failure, in which case the player can play the remainder of the half before rolling again.

There. No change in strategies, no complaints that this affects some teams more than others. And it gives niggles a more prominent place.

Personally, I'd consider adding the bit about +1 to the injury roll.

-Chet

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay Niggles on the Half and +1 to injury as the test case ... fine and dandy .. now if I just had a working version of Delphi ... we'd be all set.

Galak

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Ok, this is almost embarrasing to say...

Match between Dawi'Zharr (CD) and Blackforest Blight (Orc):

H2, BB turn 7, score is 1-1:
On orc SIs one of my hobgoblins for a niggling injury. Drops ball on a gfi for winning TD. Ball goes out into the crowd and it gets thrown in right in the middle of the "pack".

D turn 8:
I use the apothecary on the hobgoblin and succeed (yay).
On to start my turn, looking to secure the ball. Minotaur stands next to a gobbo and a black-orc. Right... Let's go for the gobbo here... Skull+Both Down! ARGH.. Oh well, so I'm looking at a loss. Armour rolls.. Goblin gets stunned. On to the minotaur... I press the button and what do I see?

DEAD!

:o :o :o :o

My minotaur got killed by a GOBLIN!!! In my own turn!!!

The humiliation is total! :)

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Lost a Treeman to a failed Skink block in round 1 of the MBBL, Christer ... so you have company. The Skink was prone.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

WE WON!!!!!

My halfings just defeated a Norse team 20 TR higher 2-1.

Not a bad first season at all.

1-5 record

No team every held the halflings from scoring.

What was more impressive to me was the final results of those 6 games.

1-2 Lizardmen
1-2 Orc
1-2 Chaos Dwarf
1-2 Goblin
1-4 Dark Elf
2-1 Norse

The flings only gave up an average of 2.16 TDs/game for the season .... that's a stat that I'm proud of. Especially since I played the first 3 games with only Treeman due to a Turn 3 death of one of my Trees against the Lizardmen. So I played 3 ST 4 teams with only 1 Tree.

Okay, for all those of you who want to give Stunties a leg up ... go away please. The satisifation I have right now from playing a very difficult team to this record is really great ... if the team was better it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Halfling teams are there for coaches like me who have been playing for a long time and what the challenge that the built in handicaps of the halflings bring to the table. Having them be tournament competitive removes the fun of playing them in my opinion.

And as soon as the complainer get range bands removed from TTM ... I will rule the MBBL world ... muh ha ha ha.

Galak

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I think my Norse team (MBBL2) better go round and have a word with those namby pamby boys who think they are Norse.... bet they drink lager tops too! [Cue abuse from all those that drink that ****!]. Losing to Flings.... nah - if you find them slippery you should try Pixies! :o

Dave

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

The Exiles (Amazon) v Gangrenettes (Undead)

The match is 2 completed turns into the second half. The Undead are up 1-0 but the 'Zons have the ball. 3 Zons have been carted off to the hospital courtesy of a Mummy, Ghoul and a fouling skeleton. This has left the Zons with 9 players - however they KO'd a skele to make it 9 v 10 and the Mummies can't seem to roll Pows to squish the damn dodgy ones.....

Anyway Chet is moving backwards at the moment - I'm sure he has a grand scheme.... but when he gets to his own end zone - we'll nick the ball from him and score! :)

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Tom, I'm mighty impressed. Never really played Halflings, but they're coming into Wodell in a few games time and I am really looking forward to getting to grips with them and having some fun!
"Who ate all the pies..?"

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Deathwing wrote:Tom, I'm mighty impressed.
Thanks Woody. They are rolling over ... 1st game next season we go for 2 in a row, baby! :lol: :lol:

Galak

Scott King
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Scott King »

Galak,

know I'm one game ahead of meself here, but will you be summarising the MBBL rules on the website before the new season. It now sounds like MBBL will be vanilla BloodBowl, but with a couple of extras.

If dice have a probability bell curve, why am I on the part of the bell that keeps getting hit by the clapper?
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Congrats Galak!!

I thought that your team might win a game soon. How did the match go? Were your two ST3 halflings helpful?

Martyn

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Scott, the MBBL rules are not in stone yet since its going to have a break while I get the PBeM tool updated and wait for BB Mag #3.

Basically the MBBL will be LRB + all Experimental rules.

Currently the Experimental rules are:
1) Kicking
2) Thrudd
3) Khemri
4) Necromantic
5) The 3 Mixed Race teams

In addition, we will be testing the following for the BBRC by request:

1) Apothecaries can be used only on a Niggle player who just failed his roll OR on ANY casualty no matter how it happened (crowd, fanatic, etc, etc.). However use of the Apothecary places the player in Reserves.

2) In order to use a Leader re-roll one player with Leader must be standing.

3) Niggles are rolled before the beginning of each half. ie twice for a normal match ... 3 times for overtime. A failure means you miss the rest of the game. Clarification: If a Niggle flares up before the 1st half and you use the apothecary ... you still have to roll for the player's niggles for the 2nd half.

4) A player get +1 to his injury rolls for each Niggled injury he has.

5) If a stat is about to be reduced by more than 2 from its starting point by an aging roll it is a niggling injury instead.

That's it .. that the full rule set of the MBBL for Season 2. It is my plan currently to NOT change or add any rules during the entire season like I did with Season 1. This will be the rule set for the entire season.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

martynq wrote:Congrats Galak!!

I thought that your team might win a game soon. How did the match go? Were your two ST3 halflings helpful?

Martyn
Very helpful ... although Brady managed to knock out a Treeman who never came back early so I really had to work to score and keep him away from the ball. Threw several passes into packs of halflings to move the ball downfield and play keep away from him.

The more I play Halflings the more I dislike the PGFI rules. I averaged 3 2nd GFIs every turn of my game against Brady.

Galak

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

If Khemri and Necromantic teams will be available i may have to rechoose what to take 2nd season mbbl, depending on what others take.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.