MBBL Round 6

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

MBBL Round 6

Post by martynq »

OK, time to get the Round 6 thread started.

Badlands Raiders vs. The Damned Generation:

The gobbos received at the beginning of the match. Despite some harrying by the dark elves, they managed to keep hold of the ball and eventually scored thanks to a troll throwing a gobbo. Unfortunately, the dark elves have no re-rolls left for their offensive drive halfway through the first half.

Martyn

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

My Helfs are up 1-0 against Pariah's Yooniversity Orcs deep in the first half...close to 2-0, then close to 1-1 in an end to end play. Entertaining game so far....

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

The Exiles kicked off to the Gangrenettes, who promptly rolled a trio of knockdowns, stunning an AV5 Blitzer and knocking out a linewoman. A Skeleton then fouled another linewoman out of the game. They then picked up the ball cleanly and completed a quick pass-and-catch play without a hitch.

The Amazons retaliated with a mighty shove of a blitz, but they did manage to knock the Wight back into a pile of ladies who promptly deposited him on the ground. Porsa "Manhandler" Svenson then came in to lay the boot, but a rather weak (1,1) on the injury roll resulted only in a stun.

-Chet

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

.. Are you allowed to use the apothecary on crowd injuries?

In my game, I managed to push out a player who died, and my opponent used the apothecary on it. Is this allowed in the MBBL?

I know the LRB doesn't allow you to use it on crowd injuries...

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

"The league will be using the BB2k1 edition rules as announced by the BBRC in November 2001 with NO HOUSE RULES!!! (except the ones required to play using E-mail)"

Guess that's a no then! :D Who'd ya kill?

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Guess that's a no then! Who'd ya kill?
Just a random 5 SPP orc blitzer...

-- Christer

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

DW's right ... for now the guy is dead ... in Season 2 we will most likely be testing a new proposed rule that the apothed player goes to Reserves instead of back on the pitch and then you'll be able to apoth crowd injuries as well.

Galak

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

He made a TD in the same round and has now set up the dead player on the pitch. How do we resolve this?

-- Christer

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

:o Tricky situation ...

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Da Effs iz cheetin! Dey put perfume along da end zone line! We keeps gaggin' wen we try ta skor!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Christer if you and your opponent cannot agree then you need to rewind the game to the point of the apoth player coming back in and play from there ... sorry if you both have gone forward to far ... but normally I like the players to resolve these issues short of this sometimes the only way to fix it ESPECIALLY when said player scored a TD is to do a full rewind and replay.

Galak

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Ok. I'll see if I can sort it out with him.. He should be able to simply make a new setup as the guy was off the pitch during the turn he did so it didn't affect anything. Thanks for helping.

-- Christer

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

End of first half between the Damned Generation and the Badlands Raiders and the score is 1-1.

The last drive began very poorly for the dark elves. First blitz with a witch elf against a gobbo resulted in double skull and turn over with the ball out in the open. A gobbo sneaked through grabbed the ball, threw a perfect pass which as caught by a gobbo in his own half. The dark elves tried to get the ball back, but the leaping blitzer fell over trying to jump towards the ball carrier. Fortunately luck returned to the elves when a line-elf intercepted another attempted gobbo pass. The elves managed to get the ball through to a blitzer who raced into the gobbo's half of the pitch with a witch elf, the other blitzer and a line-elf for support. In the gobbo's final turn of the half, they tried blitzing the ball carrier, but it came up Skull & Skull/POW, so the gobbo went down stunned. There was still a TZ on the ball carrier and no re-rolls left for the elves: the other blitzer (with 2 assists) blocked this gobbo - a 1 in 216 chance of failure, and luckily outcome #2 came up: Skull, Skull, POW/Skull. The ball carrier was free to run in to equalize.

BTW, Galak, is the tested rule giving increased aging roll values going to be removed next season?

Cheers,
Martyn

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Yes no more advanced aging next season.

Instead Niggled players will roll at the end of each drive in addition to during the pre-game. On a 1, they miss the rest of the game. An apothecary will be able to prevent any one failure either during the game or pre-game.

JKL, Chet, and I all feel that the original aging table will work very well if Niggles have this extra bite.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I still feel that's gonna hit Elves harder than Dwarves/Orcs/Undead etc.
A niggle should be a niggle whoever it's on. It shouldn't carry a greater penalty for fast scoring teams. Don't like it, sorry.
Why not simply up the pre-game niggle roll to a 1-2 for everybody?
Still, I guess that's the point of playtesting it, we'll see how it pans out.
I'll have to think long and hard about rolling my Helfs over now.