FUMBBL Open Season

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

christer
Star Player
Star Player

FUMBBL Open Season

Post by christer »

Sooner than you (and I) thought was possible, I have decided to go ahead and start the FUMBBL open season. Go to the website (link below) for more information, including how to join.

-- Christer

Reason: ''
FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Everyone join, it's great! =)
My elves, are not. But that's ok. ;)

They made it through their first game ever, without a death. However, they lost 3-0, and were unable to make enough money to even buy an apothecary. Their second game promptly followed, in which two line elves were killed, and a couple more badly hurt. However, after going up 1-0 after the first half, they managed to hang on for a tie by limiting their Norse opponent to 1 TD while facing 5 on 10 odds. They made enough to buy an Apothecary, and are $60,000 towards starting to replace their losses. ;)

Most teams I see gradually go up in TR, about 5 points a game... somehow elves seem to go in the opposite direction... ;)

But I'm smiling, it's still fun. =)

David

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Hey, let's not get into how Nuffle seems to hate elves.

Over the course of Season 1 and the few open games that have been played, there are 7 players in the cemetary. All of 'em elves. :)

-- Christer

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Hi, i really like using javabowl and as this is the only league using it i am considering joining.

I was just wondering how it worked with regards to skill rolls and such like, cause i know the client doesn't handle this.

Also with the open format how do yoyu find opponents easily without a chat room or something? and how often can i play games and how many times can i play an opponenet in a row etc?

I find the site a bit lacking in information in regards to the finer details on how things work and such like.

Thanks for any clarification, Grumbledook

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

I was just wondering how it worked with regards to skill rolls
At the moment, I do all skill rolls. This might change whenever I get around to sql'ifying the league manager.
Also with the open format how do yoyu find opponents easily without a chat room or something?
There is an IRC server up and running which is accessable for registered users. (Ok, so you can access it without registering as well if you know the address etc :) )
how often can i play games
As often as you like more or less. Again, it is restricted on how often I am able to update your roster (I do this several times a day, so it shouldn't be a big problem).
how many times can i play an opponenet in a row
This is stated in the "info" of the open division:

http://fumbbl.no-ip.org/league.php?divi ... &view=info
I find the site a bit lacking in information in regards to the finer details on how things work and such like.
Yes, you're right. Of the things you have asked about the player advancement is the only thing not listed on either the "Rules" page or the Info page for the open division.

I'm afraid it's just one of those things I've forgotten to write down. :)

Among taking care of the updates, keeping in touch with SkiJunkie regarding the client and how to improve it, working on the NAF page, updating LeagueManager, making sure I explain every little detail on the FUMBBL webpage kinda gets low priority :)

-- Christer