Gore Grail V (group stages)

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I feel totally robbed! :) I was 2-1 up and receiving at the start of the second half, thanks to a cool chain push OTS. Simple enough to grind out a slow TD for 3-1, right? Wrong. :-? I paid for the dice that got me that OTS score thrice over. :D Dendron got Blitz! right off, which cost me momentum and a whole heap of re-rolls. Awful dice face perfect rolling from Dendron (baring one double skulls), and eventually I was turned over. Still got to receive for the 3-2, and it looked possible, but again the curse of the Elves struck, and Dendron had no such trouble stealing the winning TD. :cry:

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

You reall ycant complain about luck Joe after you raping me the way you did in our game :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

I must admit that all my games are quite OK for dices that roll in my favour. But I will see what happens in the rest of the games.

Dendron

Secound place in TBB world cup with the humans

Winner GoreGrail V with Skaven
Winner GoreGrail VI with Necros
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Valen wrote:You really can't complain about luck Joe after you raping me the way you did in our game :lol:
It is a fair point. :wink: But I have paid for it now against both Father and Dendron. Woe is me. :lol:

dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

The stats vs Nazgit High Elfs:

1620: Rats for the Grail: "Rats for the Grail made 34 3+ rolls out of 69 D6 rolls."
1621: Rats for the Grail: "Rats for the Grail made 37 knockdowns out of 50 blocks."
1622: Rats for the Grail: "Rats for the Grail beat AV 13 out of 36 AV rolls."
1623: Rats for the Grail: "Rats for the Grail rolled KO or worse 2 out of 13 injury rolls."
1624: Rats for the Grail: "Stars of Ulthuan made 42 3+ rolls out of 64 D6 rolls."
1625: Rats for the Grail: "Stars of Ulthuan made 25 knockdowns out of 41 blocks."
1626: Rats for the Grail: "Stars of Ulthuan beat AV 8 out of 24 AV rolls."
1627: Rats for the Grail: "Stars of Ulthuan rolled KO or worse 4 out of 8 injury rolls."

I think they doesn't look so good. When I only saw this stats I would think the result was the other way round. Lucky this was a game of the two halfs. The first half was dominated by the High elfs and the skaven took the secound half.

Dendron

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

dendron wrote:1620: Rats for the Grail: "Rats for the Grail made 34 3+ rolls out of 69 D6 rolls."
This doesn't take into account the fact that most of your dice rolls were 2+ to succeed, not 3+. But as I always say, it is not the dice that you roll, it is when you roll them. You can roll only two 1s in a match and if they come together, you can still lose.

You did play well though Dendron, so ignore my griping. It is just my way of enjoying the result. :wink:

Brokje
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Brokje »

My games seem to be the last ones in our group. Unfortunately I can not get to more then one turn a day as yet. I am 2-1 up against the Elves and 1-1 to the Vamps (on the brink to a 2-1 lead).

Greets!
M

'Millions of pieces, pieces for free.
Millions of pieces, pieces for me!'
Father911
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Father911 »

So it's not just me getting owned by Dendron then... That makes me feel a little better...

Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

So the game is near the end against the Dark elfs.

Dendron 4 (2) - 1 (3) Father911

It could happen that he manages a few more cas but as the don't count to the statistic it doesn't matter...

Dendron

Father911
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Father911 »

Actually I think casualties do count, it doesn't matter though, I didn't get any in the last turn so the stats Dendron reported are correct...

Post by Mad Jackal »

Father911 wrote:Actually I think casualties do count, it doesn't matter though, I didn't get any in the last turn so the stats Dendron reported are correct...
Father. He meant you already have the 4 points from tds anc casualties (1 and 3) so any more casualties won't count.

But again, moot point anyway.

Cheers

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

I just scored the secound TD against Valens Nurgle. The beast was very kind ot get bone head in two turns in a row. I ahead 2-0 and not enough turns left for Valen to get the tie of the score.

I can only hope that some people can get the dwarfs from the list of the other group. Brokje or Warpstone I hope your teams can do it....

Otherwise the skaven will be slaugthered by the dwarfs.

I had so much luck in my games that I cannot believe to have the same luck in one more match....

Dendron

dendron
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by dendron »

Next game finished.

Skaven 3 (1) - 0 (2) Nurgle.

So Now I'm finished with the group. But to be fair I was very lucky again. As the beast went bonehead quite often and when it was not bonehead it couldn't get down any skaven.

Dendron

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

So Dendron advances to the final! :D Can anyone pin back Gortex in the Group B?

Ziggi Abschuss
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ziggi Abschuss »

Hi!

Was the group stage just to get the winner of the group? And they then play the final or are we playing final four or something like that?

Ziggi

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Nuffle-spc-Sucks,white,black.png[/img][/url]