MBBL2 Season 2 Playoffs / Scramble

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

MBBL2 Season 2 Playoffs / Scramble

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Let me be the first to say a big Congrats to Deathwing and Dangerous Dave for being in the top 8 teams out of the 93 teams that played this season in the MBBL2.

Deathwing's Khorne team with Bloodthrister in front and Dangerous Dave's team with their newly acquired Storm Giant ... look forward to bust some serious heads.

The playoffs for season 2 of the MBBL2 look like this:

Division A:
Daemon-Khorne (Deathwing) vs Wood Elf (Jay Deckman - runner up of Season 1 of the MBBL last month)
Norse (Dangerous Dave) vs Albion (think Brettonians on steriods, Jon Dolganar (this team won last year's championship))

Division B:
Khemri (Brian Hixon) vs Nipponese (Bneus)
Nipponese (Robert) vs Dwarf (Starr)

So 5 teams based on GW printed rosters and 3 internet teams.

Footnote: The Khemri team is based on BB Mag #1 and will convert to a BB Mag #3 standard at the end of the playoffs. The Albion team is getting completely overhauled at the end of the season... I doubt next year they'll be back again in the playoffs. All the daemon teams are getting slightly reduced in power, and the Nipponese are losing some of their Strength next season. So of the 8 teams, 5 will be reduced in power next season ... just a extra note for those reading this.

Good luck guys ... if one of you can knock out Jon's team ... I'll have to see if your local pub accepts phoned in credit cards for a drink on me.

Galak

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

It's gonna be interesting..Jay's line-elves seem geared for a scrap, there's a couple of Mighty Blows and a Dauntless in there...2 scenarios here..either I make a mess of his team or he's gonna run rings around me...leaping Strip Ball Wardancers..aargh!

Thanks Galak, good luck Dave and I'll see you in the Div A final! :D

Bring it on! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Thanks DW....I have a feeling that I'm going to need a bit of good fortune. Falks have a TR of 276 v my 177 - don't you just hate missing that 5th Handicap Roll!

Oh and good luck to you too... get those Elves running away from the Blood...... well you know who I mean!). :)

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Not a good start...kick..quick snap..one turn TD..'Thirster fails his unstable roll!
So down 1-nil, no 'Thirster, and I haven't had a turn yet! :o

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Sad day for Khorne .... so the question is ... will Woody try the Bloodthrister spell to get an ST 8 player again .... its a heavy risk spell.

Good luck Woody ... I'm rooting for ya!

Galak

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Ouch.... that's not a great start.... sounds like a ginding drive taking the rest of the half to get your own back!

Hope my Storm Giant lasts a bit longer than your thirster!

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I'm not impressed by that little AG4/Stunty/Guard combo. 2+ all the way and then a Leap with the WD for a 2D Block! :o

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Deathwing wrote:I'm not impressed by that little AG4/Stunty/Guard combo. 2+ all the way and then a Leap with the WD for a 2D Block! :o
WARNING!!! LACK OF NICOTINE IN THIS POST!!!!

Right, I've had it with that little bastard. 'Invincible' leprachauns as long as there's money in the treasury? WTF? If ever there's a case for broken allies then that's it! I finally nail the annoying little runt and he gives me 10K and springs to his feet again. Hmmm..thinks I..three 3D Blocks in succession and the son of a bitch can try paying 10k to each and every member of the crowd.
CW, no Block, Skull..Pow/Skull..Pow/Skull. Turnover..leprachaun's fine, CW is Ko'd..scoring chance at the end of the first gone. Nice. :evil:

Now I may just be caught up in the heat of the moment here (and the aforementioned lack of nicotine), but does anybody else think that there's something fundamentally wrong with a player you can't get rid of? (Esp. an AG4/Stunty/Guard/Magic Helmet player on a Wood Elf team?) That ain't flavour, that's broken.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

If you KO him Woody ... he's gone.

He is AV 7 with a +1 to injury due to Stunty.

Before PH says so ... he's already told me that no one should be able to ally with the Wee Folk team.

Sorry ... if he's driving ya nuts. Kill the rest of the team.

Galak

Also ... Allies will most likely vanish from the league for Season 4. Season 3 is probably the last season for allies. I almost nixed them Season 3 and decided to only kill the Stadiums for this season ... next season will most likely see the removal of allies as well ... at which point I need to start really looking at the human type teams for balance against each other.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

The +1 to injury in this case can be a bonus..turn a KO into a cas. and he's laughing.
Glad to see allies are going, Pinky is 100% right IMO re. Wee Folk. AG4/Stunty/Guard is just plain nasty on a Welf team.

Anyway, back to the plot. Threw a foul out of temper with the eye on me on the last turn of the half, and got a stun and sent off for my trouble.
So it's H-T, 1-0 down and my 11 recieve to his 10.

Jay's a pretty switched on coach, and is making good use of Jam and Stiff Arm (neither of which I'd come across before) to screw me up. Guess I should have done some better research! :roll:
Good game to date, but I'm due some luck this half!

How's it going Dave?

Pink Horror
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pink Horror »

Oh, darn, I'm sorry Deathwing. I should have waited one more round before admitting to anything. Then I could have demolished that wood elf team for you.

Pink Horror

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Season 4 will probably also see the demise of Jam.

I'm going think about it some more that's why its not a Season 3 change.

Allies
Jam
Push

are all on the list for possible major changes or outright deletion for Season 4 in my head.

Galak

sorry Woody ... know this doesn't help and Jay is a pretty decent coach. Runner-up in the MBBL this year.

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

DW...

Its a long story.... but my opponent's roster was... er.... not up-to-date. Enuf said....

So... we haven't started since the game has had to be re-set with the new roster and Tom had to wait for me to pick my 5th Handicap roll.... all details are in and I'm waiting to go.

In some respects I feel like I'm playing against Man U and my players have been on the pitch warming up for about 3 hours... we weren't told the Kick Off had been delayed (that damn scheming Fergy).... ;)

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I think the game's just gone out of reach.

Jay's just dodged in that bloody leprachaun, 2+, 2+(failed, used dodge to make it) 2+. Elf lineman blitzes my CW, 2+ dodge..gfi for the block on my CW..bloody Guard on the lep makes it 1D..POW.
Spellcaster declares a Pass..2+ dodge, 3+ dodge, 2+ dodge..picks up the ball in 2 tackle zones (4+)..dodges out again on a 2+..throws a 4+ long pass over the head of a Beastman who fails to intercept..catcher grabs it on a 2+ and steams off 9 squares down the field..then makes 3 successful gfis...then Jay dodges some cover at 3+, 3+, 2+ before finally rolling a 1.

Only 1 Beastman can reach..I clear some TZs with some Blocks..and make the gfi for the 2D Block..it's a push/ both down...so I burn a reroll and get the same result..
I take the both down hoping for at least a stun...and don't get it.
Jay stands up the catcher and takes it in for the 2-0 lead.

Up to that point I felt I was in control of the drive and taking a steady toll on the Elves..but there's no way to defend against that bloody leprachaun.

Ever get the feeling that it just ain't gonna happen? I need a quick score and a Blitz now...

KHORNE, I'M GIVING YA BLOOD..GIMMIE SOME LUCK!!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Sorry ... Woody ... I was rooting for ya!

I came very very close to knocking the Falcons out of the playoffs in Round 5. Failed a couple dodges at critical points to seal the win and Jay squeeked by me.

Sorry, if I had taken care of him in Round 5, you'd have someone else to crush.

Galak