MBBL Season 2 preparing to start

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

ljm wrote:The latest MBBL version of kicking sure looks good to me, although I was a bit surprised to see a couple of changes to previous rules (mainly the smaller field goal area and the new skills). I like the new shanking.

Just out of curiosity, Galak, are these the latest rules by Chet, or did you modify them a lot for MBBL?

ljm
Rules by Chet. He liked the concept of the kicking rules but was trying to work to modify them to satisfy four of the major complaints/suggestions.

1) The current Kick skill should stay General
2) Accurate kicks should have more control over were they are headed
3) Its should be 2 dice rolls max (not three) to kick
4) You should be able to use the kicking rules to just Punt the ball

The new rules he created handle all of these very nicely. I've finished programming in 90% of the new rules into the PBeM tool so we'll start testing here soon.

Galak

Reason: ''
ljm
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ljm »

GalakStarscraper wrote: 4) You should be able to use the kicking rules to just Punt the ball
I assume place kick-punt combo is legal? And that punting causes a turn-over similar to normal "running kicks"?

ljm

One false move, wizard, and your familiar gets it!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

No Place Kick cannot be used with Punt. We all talked about this and agreed that a kickoff and a punt should be two different creatures.

Galak

ljm
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ljm »

OK. How about Kickoff Return or Diving Catch, are they usable with Punt ?

ljm

One false move, wizard, and your familiar gets it!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

ljm

No, and no

Galak

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

4) I can't support making kicking field goals an official part of the game until the board is ready. The field goal zones need some form of on-board identification and the score track needs more room. Without those changes to the board, the rule will look like it doesn't belong.

I agree with this to an extent. Leaving aside the score track, the Field Goal Area needs to be added to the field. I think it would be BEST served by a small plastic model with a hoop on the end, something that looked like this:

Code: Select all

._____
/     \
|     |
\_____/
   |
   |
   |
=======
(Wow, hope that worked.)

Anyway, the "hole" would be the width of three squares, or one square (think back to Aztec sports and that basketball-like game they played).

If you want to use Field Goals, you set up a model on each end. If you don't want to use FGs, you don't use the models. If I can get a few constructed for my league, I'll take some photographs and bring them back here.

-Chet