MBBL league power rating

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

King-Nerd
Experienced
Experienced

MBBL league power rating

Post by King-Nerd »

What is the MBBL power rating and how is it worked out?

Also, while I am at it, how do I create things for my "Playbook" in the PBEMBB client?

Thanks guys

Reason: ''
Wooden spooner - Carror Crunch 2007
Meradanis
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Meradanis »

I don't know the details, because I'm non of the MBBL oldtimers.

I've asked one of my opponents once, and he said it's just an alternative rating based on a different formula than those league points. It's just some extra information.

But shouldn't you ask such a question on the MBBL board instead ? :)

King-Nerd
Experienced
Experienced

Post by King-Nerd »

Is that thing still active!

Wooden spooner - Carror Crunch 2007
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

I don't thing the playbook feature has been added yet. The tool just a placeholder for it.

The power ranking was cooked up by Pink Horror as a recursive ranking algorithm. He sent me the code once, but it was pretty hard to follow. The basic gist though was that it would adjust your seasonal Power Rating depending on how well your prior opponents would go on to perform in the season. If you beat good teams early in the season, and they went on to go undefeated, you would have a higher power than if you beat a bunch of teams that ended up being bottom-feeders.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Warpstone wrote:I don't thing the playbook feature has been added yet. The tool just a placeholder for it.
It does, and I know Tchatt used to use it a lot. I never bothered, as my set up regularly changes, as I seem to go through my players more often than I should. :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.